- Cartilaginous growth in medullary cavity of bone (usually metaphysis)
- Hands and feet. Think Regina Phalange.
- Usually solitary and no symptoms
- Enchondromatosis if multiple enchondromas, 2 types
- Ollier Disease => non-hereditary, pain & fracture, may become malignant (chondrosarcoma), last pic.
- Maffucci Sd =>multiple enchondromas + hemangiomas (note the 4°&5° pics, and how sof tissue in X-ray has signs of inflammation, whereas the last one, doesn´t). Increased risk of becoming malignant, ovarian ca and brain gliomas. =(