My son (the oldest) graduates high school in less than a month. To fly in the day of the graduation and come back the next day will cost approximately $800 for both flights, a rental car, and a hotel room.
• Durmstrang : Scandinavia - close to a lake. - Northern Europe (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Estonia) and the East (Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Albania, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Romania). - Kalina MASARYK.
• Beauxbâtons : France - in the Pyrenees. - Southern Europe (Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece) and West (Austria, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland). - Olympe MAXIME.
• Kings Academy of Sorcery. Ilvermorny. United States - Louisiana. - North America (USA, Canada, Greenland, Mexico, Caribbean). - Zachary LEWIS : youngest director of the Kings Academy, Zachary Lewis encourages freewill and autonomy. Kings students have considerable freedom of action with few restrictions. Lack of headmaster’s severity is sometimes criticized by his peers. But Zachary Lewis puts a point of honor that its students learn for themselves the concept of respect and authority. Trivia : - the emblem of the academy is a “K” crown. - the motto is « Terra non caelum mutant qui trans mare currunt » (“ crossing the sea, you change the earth, not sky”). - the academy is surrounded by a marsh that protects against intrusions. A huge crocodile enchanted lives inside and became the school mascot. - the Academy is based on the university model of “Greek community”. - each community has her own residence. - students choose themselves their community. - each community has her motto, her principles, her codes and her representatives. Representatives manage the functioning (and harmony) within and between communities. - there are three fraternities : > Alpha-Rhô “excel for good” (For :ambition, excellence, merit. Against : fraud, dishonor, failure) > Khi-Thêta “do not waste your time (,use it rightfully)” (For : solidarity, collective, loyalty, selflessness. Against : conflict, betrayal, careerism) > Nu-Kappa-Pi “it is a cloud, that will pass” (For : talent, ease, fun, diversity. Against : killjoy, spoilsport, wet blanket, party pooper…) - three sororities : > Omicron-Epsilon-Delta “which had to be proven“ (For : hard work, learning, rightness, mutual aid. Against : deception, violence) > Lambda- Sigma “speech is the shadow of the act” (For : discovery, franchise, action, the will and courage. Against : cowardice, lying, imposture) > Kappa-Delta “new ideas” (For : justice, duty, equality, determination. Against : inequity, abuse, bias) - and three mixed : >Sigma-Mu “with the mind” (For : knowledge by theory, discernment, raw intelligence, firmness. Against : ignorance, narrow minds) >Iota-Khi “with the hand” (For : knowledge through practice, cooperation, perseverance, creativity. Against : resignation) > Gamma-Lambda “know thyself” (For those who do not want or were not able to choose membership). - each community has a representative and all representatives form the Committee. - all the events are organized by the Committee (apportionment of new students, club management, sports events and festivities). They also deal with the application of sanctions. They are responsible for relationship between students, teachers and the headmaster. - the committee also organizes events to maintain the rivalry between communities. - at the end of each year, teachers vote for the community that has been most effective and the elected community becomes the “primary community” (inter alia, the community has authority over all decisions).
• Enganolho Brazilian School of Magic, Castelobruxo. Brazil - Bahia. - South America (Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay USA, Argentina). - Hélio FORTES : Man of spirit and Sorcerer recognized for having studied temporal paradoxes.It’s the Minister of the Brazilian magic who asked him in person to take the place of headmaster of Enganolho. The School is in decline since its last director ; everyone think that Helio Fortes is the only one able to restore it to its former glory. Defy that he’s ready to take up. Trivia : - schools promote school exchanges. - School is perched in trees.
• School of Onopwulopwul. Pacific Ocean - somewhere in Micronesia. - Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia. - Koa
NAOI : descendant of a famous clan of sorcerers and concerned about the magical heritage,Koa Naoi makes every effort to make the magical diversity being well represented in his school. Thus, in addition to Western standards,
Onopwulopwul teaches the magical practices of each of Oceania Culture. Trivia : - motto’s school is :
“Ehu Mohngiong Mehlel, Ehu Poliwar Kala “ (translatable as “an honest heart, a proud body”). - the school is situated on a crescent-shaped island. Extremities are so close to each other they would form almost a circle. - the extremities of the island mark the entry of Onopwulopwul.
They are littered by two statues representing the school’s founder :
twins Olisihpa and Olosohpa. - there is a tiny volcano where lives lavapeople.
there is a large bay named
the Usu Bay (the Star Bay). - the school is mostly under water in the bay. dorms, break room and refectory are overwater bungalows. - Onopwulopwul is the school with the most lessons. - therefore it begins at age 10 and ended at 18. - the schooling is divided into 3 stages : > theoretical classes (Muggles Studies, Herbology, History of Magic, Astronomy Mythology Knowledge of Tribes, Potion) from the 1st to the 5th year (with a similar review to OWL). > practical classes (Potions, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Elsewhere’s Magic, Care of Magical Creatures, Transfiguration,
Transfiguration) from the 3rd to the 7th year (with a similar review to OWL). > qualifications classes
(Defense Against the Dark Arts, Elsewhere’s Magic, Care of Magical Creatures, Care of Sorcerer,
Knowledge of Tribes, History of Magic, Runes, Arithmancy,
Transfiguration, Potion, Magical Theory) from 6th to 9th grade (with a similar review to NEWT). Qualifications Classes
are a kind of preparatory class for future trades. - the school encourages sport (Muggles and wizards). They can swim in the bay without exceeding the statues of the founders. - there are no clubs. students do what they want with their free time. - sometimes the teachers take students on excursions during weekends and/or holidays. - they visit the island, neighboring islands, sometimes even surrounding countries.
• Uagadou School of Magic. South Africa -
Uganda - Africa (all) and West in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Yemen, Oman, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Armenia, Syria). - the Board : is made up of five individuals whose achievements are recognized internationnalement. Together they govern Uagadou: choose subjects to be taught; the students; extra school activities; and even meals. The board changes only when one dies and the replacement is selected unanimously. Trivia : - school is hidden underground. - This is the oldest school of magic and the largest school in the world. - the Board accepts that the students of their choice. - they select students via dream messenger which left a token in children’s hands while they slept. - the token is a Portkey that allows them to enter in the school. - it’s possible to study ancient magic (the “forgotten magics”). - the guardians / protectors of school are zombies.
• Academy of Sïkhanéjādū. India - Satpura National Park - Central Asia (India, Bangladesh, Burma, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan). - Aman VAGHELA et Idha BHATTI : Aman Vaghela is a sorcerer from the highest caste in India. He protested against lack of means given lower castes to study magic. First member of the Wizengamot with his wife, Idha Bhatti, he decided to become headmaster of Sïkhanéjādū to change attitudes and offer a chance to study to all - no matter their ages or their families. Having taken a vow of silence, it’s that wife who is “the spokeswoman of the voiceless”. Trivia : - Sïkhanéjādū’s emblem is a peacock spreading its tail. - anyone can attend classes, regardless of age or social caste. - the diploma is obtained by accumulation of “units”. To validate a diploma, you need a minimum of 1500 units. The maximum is 3000 units. - each topic is worth units. (ex : Charms maximum value is 500 U) - for validating a topic, you must obtain a minimum of Units. (ex : to validate the course of Charm, you need minimum 400 U) - required courses are : Charms ; Defence Against the Dark Arts (300 U. min - 500 U. max) ; History of Magic (200 U min - 500 U max). [those courses are validated in seven years.] - complementary courses are : Applied Magic/Magical Theory (120 U min - 240 U max) ; Ancient Arts (200 U min - 240 U max) [are validated both in 4 years] ; Arithmancy (200 U min - 240 U max) [is validated in 5 years]. - optional courses are : Herbology (90 U min - 180 U max) ; Potions (90 U min - 180 U max) [are validated in 5 years] ; Care of Magical Creatures/Dressage (160 U min - 180 U max) [is validated in 4 years] ; Apparition (170 U min - 180 U max) [is validated in 1 year]. - facultative courses are : Muggle Studies ( 12 U min - 20 U max) [is validated in 4 years] ; Flying (10 U min - 20 U max) [is validated in 1 years + 1 year of flight applied] ; Meditation (10 U min - 20 U max) [is validated in 5 years] - courses under conditions : Legilimency, Occlumency, Transfiguration. These are qualifications and they reported no Units. - there are clubs : Astronomy; Duel; Dance; Music; Poetry; Sports ; Art…
• Koldovstoretz School. Russia - Siberian plateau - North Asia (Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Mongolia) (+ the muggle-borns not allowed to Durmstrang). - Anatoli STALRUK (Anatoli Steel Hands) : man of action and competent sorcerer, Anatolia became headmaster of Koldovstoretz by default. Former Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, it was his older brother (the Minister of Russian Magic, Nikolai STALGLAVA, aka Nikolai Steel Head) who appoints the Headmaster. Leaving joyfully to his paperwork to his sub-alternates, Anatoli prefers having fun in the corridors of the huge school, looking to disrupt classes and students to challenge. He has no policy and leaves full responsibility of education to his teachers and deputy headmaster. Trivia : - Koldovstoretz is the second largest school in the world both in terms of space of student numbers. - the school was remodeled by the famous Baba Yaga. - schools can literally move to prevent it being found. - the school has a hymn (students love to sing). - students are very patriotic to their school - many parties are organized by students. - Koldovstoretz welcomes the muggle-borns are not allowed to Durmstrang. - of school is at the heart of a constant blizzard preventing anyone from approaching. - the students go to school by sled (similar to the Knight Bus). - teachers and sometimes the director eat the same tables as students. - most of the time, students are left to themselves and younger dependent on the benevolence of their elders. - Inuit living in Siberia study their own magic but they must pass regulatory reviews of Koldovstoretz to be recognized by the Ministry. - it’s possible to study black magic. - pets are not officially allowed. - they play a version of Quidditch where they fly on entire, uprooted trees instead of broomsticks.
• Mahoutokoro School of Magic. Japan -
Volcanic island of Minami Iwo Jima
- South Asia (Japan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand) - TOKUGAWA Danjo : descendant of the Matsudaira clan, founder of Mahoutokoro. Danjo Tokugawa is a stocky men, bald and fat. Severe in his instruction, he only wants the best of his students and doesn’t hesitate to exclude those who are not up to par. Trivia : - the school blazon is the Matsudaira clan’s “Mon”(circle around three Hollyhock leaves). - only a member of the Tokugawa clan get the post of Headmaster / Headmistress. - the school is formed by
connected by bridges. - there are a total of 11 islets : one building for the headmaster and teachers (school entry) ; one for the main building (classrooms and library) ; two dormitories (one for girls and one for boys) ; one for kitchens ; five for gardens ; and finally, a last which serves as training ground. - in the most remote
islet of gardens find a temple with a Go-Shinboku planted since the school’s founding. - tutor system (senpei / kohai) is very present. - students address their teachers by calling them “sensei”. - the school is known for its large number of non-human spiritous apparition. - even if everyone can follow any topic, some are qualify as feminin and other as masculin and it’s frowned upon to depart from the rule. - even if everyone is accepted, students have to merit their places in school. - school organizes annual sports festival. (Headmaster annually invites other schools to participate even if the answer was always negative.) - the tests are : obstacle course; hunting flag; duel; demonstration ; Quidditch
• Móshùdifang, Institute of magic. China - Guilin - Central Asia (China, Korea, Tibet) - XIE An : Madam Xie An is known internationally for having fought and tamed a dragon. Respectable Seers and apprentive of the most powerful Chinese sorcerer : she inherits his position as headmistress in place of the second apprentice (and newly Minister of Magic Chinese). She creates an atmosphere of mutual aid between students and encourages working group. She is very proud of his school and its students. She doesn’t like the current headmaster of Mahoutokoro. Trivia : - Móshùdifang’s blazon is a dragon surrounding the sinogramme of "magic" and “place” in the center of a hexagon. - it’s the second oldest school of magic. - school starts at twelve years and lasts six years. - the school is located atop a hill. - each generation of students is supervised by a “governess” to guide them through their entire schooling. - the tower that serves as a dormitory is organized so that each stage represents a year. - the school specializes in enchantments and divination.
I may or may not begin a story (that I probably never finish) for each of these schools …
•Ravenwood Academy is the oldest magic school in the Spiral, and by extension the most traditional.
Ravenwood students learn the tried-and-true methods of magic that have been passed down for generations. The wizards Ravenwood produces are more practical than the rival schools; most go on to live successful lives (especially the skilled duelists the school is known for). However, the stagnant nature of coursework has lead some to become bored with the lack of innovation. Students who push boundaries are often disciplined; it is only in rare cases that wizards of Ravenwood are allowed to preform non-traditional magics. In general, Ravenwood produces the highest number of decent wizards, though truly exceptional students are a rare commodity.
While never putting its head where it doesn’t belong, Ravenwood is notoriously considerate when it comes to cleaning up its own messes. People around the spiral react better to Ravenwood wizards than any of their competitors, simply because of the old adage, “A Ravenwood wizard finishes what they started.”
When Malistare caused havoc across several worlds, many wizard agents were sent into his wake to apprehend him and correct damage he had done. Morganthe posed a more considerable threat to the spiral, so the school slipped into a more militaristic style- dispatching squadrons of wizards into high-risk areas to fend off the umbra legion. As stakes grew higher and the death count skyrocketed, public opinion of the school dropped. After Morgathe’s defeat in Khrysalis, nearly a third of the graduating class had been killed in the conflict. Travel restrictions are being pushed by many governments for Ravenwood wizards; chaos sure seems to follow wherever we go, doesn’t it?
•Pigswick Academy is the more expensive alternative to Ravenwood, which explains why its average class size is two to three times smaller. Pigswick students are known to be rather poor fighters; very few are ever skilled enough to travel to other Spiral worlds unaccompanied. In fact, Pigswick students are known to be rather lax in almost everything; all classes have optional attendance and outside hobbies are encouraged. Many students are prospective wizards who failed the aptitude test for Ravenwood- the entrance requirements for Pigswick are very accepting. However, the myth that the wizards of Pigswick are rich wannabes is not entirely true. Surprisingly, the bulk of new developments in wizardry come from this institution. While few are proficient at spellcasting, magical theory is a widely discussed topic at Pigswick and vast amounts of academia is written by its students. The extensive library, larger than any other in the Spiral, is known for covering all topics- not just the ones that are approved of by the Headmaster. It’s the Pigswick philosophy that the most important part of magicraft is understanding and experimentation.
No magics are off limits at Pigswick. While the poorly trained student body does have a propensity for getting into bloody accidents, several new spells are designed at Pigswick every year and without their contribution, wizards everywhere would be less knowledgeable.
•Dragonspyre Academy, the ruined and desolate world, is mostly full of ghosts. But in its glory days, it was not only the most exclusive magic school but also a major military power. It’s students trained mostly in battlemagic; subjects like magical gardening and animal breeding would be laughed at. While all of its wizards were known for being fierce battlefield contenders, in particular the pyromancers and necromancers showed extreme promise.
The school’s dragon-breeding program was one of a kind and, to this day, has not been replicated by any other school.
The specific type of magic taught at Dragonsypre was similarly unique; crystalline magic is simply a footnote at Ravenwood, while it was the main focus of study here. Students learned to channel mana into pre-prepared crystals and summon monsters that way. With this system, powerful spells could be deployed in quick succession and distributed among wizards on the battlefield for maximum effect.
Dragonspyre maintained an active military force up until its destruction by the Dragon Titan. Dragonspyrean wizards were deployed to areas around the spiral to try and maintain the world’s political influence. The school functioned much like an army operation, a system that Ravenwood borrows elements of today.
My school district refuses to remove confederate symbols from my high school campus
I am a student at Robert E. Lee high school in San Antonio, Texas. When you walk into Robert E. Lee high school, the first thing you will see is a giant statue of Robert E. Lee. Imagine being an African American student and having to walk into school every day looking at a man who fought for the enslavement of your ancestors. Robert E. Lee high school is the oldest school in the North East Independent School district. The school mascot is a “volunteer” appearing in a red and gray confederate army uniform and looking a lot like Robert himself. The school colors are red and gray which are the confederate colors. The pep squad is called the “confederettes”, The JV drill team is called the “dixie drillers” and the varsity dance team is called the “rebel rousers”. Progress this summer was made when two confederate emblems were removed from the campus. This summer, a peer of mine, Kayla Wilson, sought to get rid of all confederate symbols from my school and change the name. At first, the district wouldn’t even put the name change up for discussion. After a long battle of board meetings and a petition with over 11,000 people,the school board voted not to change anything about my school. “Dec 11, 2015 — On Monday night NEISD Board voted NOT to rename Robert E Lee H.S . Board Trustee Wheat pleaded with fellow Board members to give the students and faculty an opportunity to voice their opinion and grievances. He requested a committee made up of teachers, administrators, and community to do surveys, obtain facts, and submit alternate names. He stated"we have not done enough to make this decision". Board Trustee White gave his testimony, as a African American the name offended him, and “we should not have to constantly defend the name of our schools for someone who is so controversial”. White reiterated Robert E Lee was the general of the confederacy, and fought to continue slavery.
Superintendent Gottardy and Board Trustees Grona, Bresnahan, Hughey, and Perkins stated they had done enough research to make this decision and felt burdened to continue any additional effort. Board Trustee Perkins mocked Trustee Wheat attempt to add the voices of the students , teachers, and PTA.
The board meeting ended with an item being place on the Agenda to look into all symbol, icons, and songs tied to the confederacy. This Agenda item will be reviewed in the spring.
Please review the video below and review the response of the Board members. Unlike other communities like , Houston, Austin, Princeton, UT and even Robert E Lee’s Washington and Lee University recommended a discussion.
San Antonio NEISD refused discussion. Board Trustees did not feel the voice of its students or faculty matter for this decision.
Please email your Board Members why community matters. Why facts are important. Please tell them ALL are children voices’ matter.”
Robert E Lee was a confederate who fought for the enslavement of black people in the United States. He fought to maintain the continued subjugation of Blacks in America’s south. My school district perpetuates a racist culture by keeping racist symbols on my campus.
The dance team and cheerleader coach threatened to their students that if the name change was posted about on social media or talked about at school, girls would be kicked off the team immediately.
Faculty members were fired for talking about it on social media as well.
The petition didn’t make a difference. The school board meeting didn’t make a difference. Very few individuals in San Antonio, Texas want to change the school name to make African American students comfortable.
PLEASE MAKE THIS POST GO VIRAL SO WE CAN CHANGE THE NAME OF MY HIGH SCHOOL AND REMOVE ALL CONFEDERATE SYMBOLS!
So, Part 1 looked at the most visible art forms - dance and music. This one’s looking at the “other” arts that are studied at the nyokoba.
Flower Arranging - Ikebana (生け花) First recorded in the 7th century as traditional offerings to shrines, Ikebana is one of the better known traditional Japanese arts outside of Japan. What may seem simple at a glance is actually an incredibly difficult to master art form. However, it can be very rewarding as getting an arrangement “just right” can really boost your spirits and many people find it to be very relaxing. This is a skill that all future okasan must master as the tokonoma in each room must be seasonally appropriate and changed every few days. I’m not sure what schools each kagai follows, but I do know that Gion Kobu follows the Ikenobo (池坊) school, which also happens to be the oldest established school of flower arranging (and the one that I learned from!).
Tea Ceremony - Chado (茶道) If you thought flower arranging took a large amount of concentration, look no further for the art that trumps them all! Chado is very much like dance in that it follows a set of movements that are strung together to make a finished product. However, Chado is even more hyper vigilant as every minute movement must be done correctly or else the entire ritual can be thrown off! Just like Ikebana though, it can be very relaxing and is meant to bring appreciation to the small things like the gathering place, the people around you, the scenery, and the care that goes into the tea itself. There almost always a flower arrangement present at a tea ceremony, so Ikebana and Chado are often intertwined. There are many (many) different schools of tea ceremony, but the biggest are the Omotesenke (表千家), Urasenke (裏千家), and Mushakōjisenke (武者小路千家), who all happen to trace their origins to Sen No Rikyu (千利休), a monk considered one of the pioneers of the tea ceremony.
Traditional Japanese Painting - Gado (画道) This art is one of the most renowned in the world as its iconic style immediately evokes over 2,000 years of history that is uniquely Japanese. You could write entire books on this subject, but I’ll try to keep this as short and simple as possible, just like the art itself. Gado is known for simplicity in form and bright, bold colors or additions that made it stand out. One of the most popular additions is that of gold leaf as a background or enhancer to bring the art off the page and give it an almost ethereal quality. As may have already been gleaned, Gado closely pairs with Ikebana and Chado as a wall scroll is always present in the tokonoma. Knowing what’s appropriate is just as important as the execution of techniques, but not all art is meant to be on a scroll. Simply doing art for the sake of art is rewarding in and of itself, so individual creativity is never discouraged. Not many maiko or geiko decide to study art as one of their major arts, but the ones that do often have their works displayed proudly in their respective kaburenjo!
Calligraphy - Shodo (書道)
I almost want to pair this with Gado, but Shodo is an art form in and of itself. It does work closely with Gado though, as simplicity is considered key. It also makes sense that maiko and geiko would be well versed in Shodo as many dances involve the writing and/or reading of letters on scrolls. It is the small, very minute movements of your own hands that make the words your own, so no two people will have the same Shodo style.
Bonus: Sumi-e (墨絵) The marriage of Gado and Shodo, Sumi-e is a painting style that involves only ink and water. It is often the same ink used in Shodo, but invokes the principals of Gado to express simplicity in a physical form.
So this is just a quick English sub of my school’s portion of Kame and Tao-chan’s appearance on Tuesday Surprise. I always knew it was a heritage site but I didn’t know it was literally the oldest girls’ school in Hakodate! Anyway, the school nurse and I were a little disappointed that Wentz didn’t come, but ok NOT COMPLAINING because we get to see CELEBRITIES amirite? (Also I almost mistook Daigo for a crew member, oops).
Also, I’ll pimp the movie since our school’s band is featured in it. Really proud of the hard work our girls put in every single day to practice! (They spend more time in school than I do lbh). Plus Hakodate is SUPER proud of being the main location of this movie and I love this lil’ city so I don’t know if you’re interested in the film’s plot but do check out our pretty scenery and stuff.
Girls at my school aren’t allowed to wear skirts or
tight-ish school trousers
in case male teachers are distracted.
We are underage.
The oldest students in my school are 16.
When I asked female adults they said “Men of all ages are distracted by the women figure”, “It’s easier for everyone if you wear baggy clothes”, “Men will be men, you know how it is” basically validating the fact that girls from 11-16 should dress in baggy clothes to stop their male teachers getting distracted.
Tell me how this not the most disgusting, repulsive thing?
The valet takes the keys to the Impala out of a very begrudging Dean’s hand, as I take in my surrounding on the sidewalk. I can hear Sam and Dean talking in the background, but all I can do is feel happy and normal for once in life.
“(Y/N) lets go!” Dean stands in front of the door to the nicest hotel in Boston, looking incredibly out of place in his hunting clothes, but still managing to look like he came from the cover of a magazine. A smile spreads across my face, too amped up to even reply to him. My feet carry me into the lavish entrance, up the stairs, and into the lobby where all of these fancy looking people stood and talked while they checked in.
For the first time since hearing we are spending a night in a fancy hotel and going to a concert, I feel the smile slip off my face. Standing in my ripped, slightly dirty jean shorts, and my black tank top with a flannel tied around my waist; I felt so out of place, I almost wished we were just back at the bunker. Staring at my black combat boots, I feel Deans hand on my back.
“Hey, you okay?” Glancing up, I see concern and a little mischief in his beautiful green eyes. He cocks his head to the side, making him even cuter. I realize I was staring way too long, so I clear my throat and look away, mumbling “nothing.” I start heading to the bathroom, giving a quick goodbye without looking at him; thankful for the large signs across the room, making it easy to beeline straight to them.
Looking in the mirror, I see what I already knew would be the case; my cheeks are bright red. I splash some cold water on my face, cursing internally at what just happened. I have had a crush on Dean, from the first day we met. We have always had a connection that was indescribable, deep and unspoken. Unfortunately though, he only strongly shows it when he is drunk; saying things like “your so hot” and even going as far as to say “I’m going to fuck you.” on multiple occasions. The last time I was interested in a guy, he spent almost an hour asking me questions and saying things like; he is going to show up to the restaurant we were going to, just so he could meet him. No one knows I feel this way about him, except my oldest friend from high school Liz; who will probably never even get to meet him.
I look back up from the sink, noticing my face is no longer red. Sighing in relief, I take one more deep breath and head back out the door.
Walking across the lobby, I can feel the judging eyes follow me. I get to Sam and Dean, who are just finishing the checking in processes. A woman who is clearly head over heels for the two boys, hand them the keys, finishing whatever she was talking about.
Dean turns and greets me with a smile while handing me the key to our room. Turning back around, he smiles at the receptionist, who smiles back as brightly as she can. Dean and Sam walk away, and I shoot the woman a thankful smile, when her face turns to a deep scowl, and her eyes say “What are two guys like them, doing with a girl like you.”
My happy light feeling is officially gone, as we reach the elevator bank. The boys are happily chatting as we wait for the elevator to arrive; completely oblivious to the self-deprecating thoughts taking place in my head.
Stepping into the elevator, there is a sensor with a plaque that reads: “Elevator for guests only. Please place room key on sensor to use.” next to the floor buttons. Holy crap, this place is so nice you can’t even use the elevator if you don’t have a room key. I have never seen anything like this; I’m slightly shocked. Sam informs me we are on the fifth floor, and the Calvins are right next to us. I nod in understanding, taking my mind off the sensor thing; I start to think back to how we got here.
We are in Massachusetts, ironically on a witch-hunt; when we ran into three other hunters. At first we thought they were civilians at the wrong place at the wrong time. The older man and woman were dressed to the nines in some of the nicest cloths I have ever seen. There was also a girl who looked about my age, dressed more stylish, but clearly all designer. We tried to get them to leave the abandoned house, but they pulled out guns and a bag full of salt and informed us, that they too, are hunters.
Fighting the ghost together, we made three new friends. After all of the craziness, the six of us went to a bar. We found out the man was named Rob, and the other two were his wife Kim and his daughter Alyssa. Over the course of the evening we were all laughing, drinking and having a truly joyous time. When the night came to a close, we all walked back to the only motel in the area.
When we started to split up, Rob called us back over. He informed us that him and the family were actually going into Boston the next day for the Zac Brown Band concert at Fenway. They were going to go with some of their family in the area, but apparently they backed out a few days ago. They have two rooms reserved at a hotel next to Fenway, and they have three extra tickets.
Dean and Sam looked hesitant; I on the other hand had to keep myself from screaming yes and jumping up and down. Dean starts to decline when I grab his arm and give him my best puppy dog eyes. A soft look, almost like love flashed across his face, so fast I’m ninety-eight percent sure I imagined it. He finally concedes and agrees to go.
Alyssa bounded over to me, jumping up and down in excitement; as you would expect a twenty one year old girl to do. I couldn’t help my self as I joined in on the quick and high-pitched plan making. Out of the corner of my eye I can see Dean glance over at me, and smile. Finally we all say goodnight and head into our respective rooms, excited for the next day.
The elevator dings, signaling that we reached the fifth floor. My mood is slightly elevated from the memory of last night, making my smile grace my face again, as I take in the lavish clean hallways.
This is nothing like the places we have ever stayed in. Reading the signs we take a left, and walk halfway down the hallway to our room. Dean puts his key card up to the sensor on door number 544, causing it to make a long buzzing noise and light up green. Pushing the handle, Dean and Sam enter like they aren’t about to see the nicest room in their life.
My mouth is hanging open as I walk through the threshold. The walls are white, and the floors a grey carpet. Walking further into the room, I see that is the color scheme of everything, with little pops of color here and there. I love it. This is my aesthetic. Tumblr mixed with pinterest, and a little crate and barrel. The room is classy and elegant; while also clean and trendy.
Two giant white beds sit against the wall on the left, with a table between them. I gap in awe when I see that in place of a usual alarm clock, there is a tablet displaying the weather, the time, and even our names! There is a giant flat screen T.V on the wall facing the beds. Having every channel, including premium movie ones. The mini bar that is classily tucked into a cabinet that is fully stocked with all kinds of drinks and food, with a sign stating it was free.
Flipping on the bathroom light, I see beautiful black and white granite counter tops, with double sinks that have shiny silver faucets, so clean they look brand new. The floor was magnificent white and black granite, with gold flakes; making me wonder if the gold is real. The tub is large enough to fit three adults, with two waterfall type showerheads. Touching the towels I gasp at how soft they are, it was like touching a month old puppy. How do they make them this soft? What is their secret?
Turning off the light I enter back into the main room, admiring all the little details that they even put in the hallway. From the mirror choices to the little rack they store all of their room service menus in. I sit down on the bed furthest from the door. The afternoon sun is shining through the floor to celling windows, bathing me in a golden light.
Feeling amazing, I close my eyes; breathe deeply and just feel. Wanting to stay in this moment, I almost start to cry; knowing this is a big, once in a lifetime scenario, I never want to forget.