reasons why the princess diaries 2 is actually the best movie ever made
ok so i know that when we were all young fanchildren we all watched this movie and sighed dreamily. but i am here to tell u that this movie is even better than u remember
1. the main conflict in the movie is the arranged marriage. i’m gonna stop right here, because princesses in arranged marriages are a classic fanfiction trope that we are all trash for. don’t lie to yourself. but it gets BETTER. not only is there an arranged marriage… the guy she’s arranged to marry is actually a really chill dude. u like this dude. u know they would be good friends and partners. he would make a good king. but sHE DOESNT LOVE HIM!!! she doesn’t love him. and it would be so easy for the narrative to say ~oh look at this selfish girl she has a handsome titled good man ready to marry her she’s so SELFISH for wanting passion and true love, so naive~ (see fuckboys: i’m so nice and handsome why doesn’t she love me she’s horrible) instead the narrative presents her not marrying him as a perfectly valid choice and one the viewer sides with her on. the narrative supports her choice and makes it clear it was the right decision. ADDITIONALLY, the solution presented to fix the arranged marriage problem is to DESTROY THE PATRIARCHY. like???? don’t fuck with me this movie is perfect
2. literally the other main conflict is the love interest. he’s essentially a conman trying to convince mia to fall passionately in love with him so he can steal the throne. but along the way… he falls in love with her. THIS IS LITERALLY THE PLOT OF THREE THOUSAND FANFICTIONS PEOPLE
3. speaking of fanfiction…this movie is one. like, i’m not even joking. the first princess diaries movie essentially compiled the first 3 books into a movie, but the sequel wasn’t based on the books at all. disney just pulled something out of their asses and was like “this will make the fangirls happy”
4. at the beginning of the movie mia graduates from princeton’s woodrow wilson school of international affairs… literally one of the best international studies programs on the planet.. then she’s flown to a castle…where she’s a princess..and has hot men falling all over her…and wears ballgowns…like…mia is such a mary sue but somehow the movie manages to avoid making her one AT ALL
5. also holy shit??! mia doesn’t just stand around looking pretty as a princess.. she’s clearly really smart and genuinely cares about the people of genovia and does her best to serve them well even to it’s hard work… like damn mia is fucking committed to being a good queen she’s not just a princess because castles make good backdrops for romances
6. the queen/joe YAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS u fucking know u shipped that shit
7. THE ENTIRE MOVIE IS ABOUT FUCKING THE PATRIARCHY. MIA IS PORTRAYED AS KIND AND SENSITIVE BUT THAT ADDS TO HER APPEAL AS A RULER NOT DETRACTS FROM IT. AT THE END OF THE MOVIE SHE’S LIKE “fuck these rules written by old white men, i’m gonna make my own less sexist rules” AND THEN SHE FUCKING DOES?!? SHE FUCKING CALLS OUT THE SEXISM OF THE LAWS AND THEN CHANGES THEM. HELLO WOMEN IN PARLIAMENT! GOODBYE BOYS CLUBS! A WOMAN IS FULLY CAPABLE OF RULING ON HER OWN WITHOUT A MAN AND SHE FUCKING DRILLS THAT INTO THEIR GODDAMN HEADS
8. chris pine. what a hot piece of ass amiright
9. the number of times something fucking bizarre happens to mia and she theoretically looks into the camera like she’s on the office is comedic gold honestly. the maids?? flirting with her arranged husband?? climbing out a window?? the fAKE LEG!? mia is just trying to live her life but the universe keeps fucking it up. i feel u mia.
in sum i have n o idea how the fuck this movie got made but goddamn is it not god’s gift to man
550-year-old hand-written book is signed by Richard III and contains his personal motto. The signed book is one of only 13 of Richard III’s books that is known to still exist. It is especially valuable as he has signed it ‘R Gloucester’ as he was only the Duke of Gloucester as a young man. Above his signature in the book he wrote the words 'Tant le desieree’, which means 'So much desired’.
Hey there :) I'm so sorry but you posted something about this My Immortal HP... Fanfic, I think it was? And I've literally never heard about this?!? O.o But it sounds hilarious in some kind of way. Would you maybe mind telling me about what the heck this? Thank you so much :D
sit down and buckle up, kid, you’re in for a ride.
the year is 2006, the potter fandom is shambling, the grammar is poor.
an author, a messiah to some, rise out from the ashes like a phoenix to lead us into a new age of fanfiction. her name is Tara.
my immortal is an enigma, with characters like Ebony/Enoby/Egogy Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way, Loopin, Snap/Snope, McGoggles, Hargerd, and a young Tom Riddle who calls himself “Satan”… the “emoness” of it all, with the my chemical romance, the coffin with the pink, crushed velvet lining, etc.. and i’m fairly certain they’re all bisexual vampires. if memory serves, her story, published under the username “XXXbloodyrists666XXX”, was taken down from the website more than once, because it was generating so much traffic (mostly hate, or ‘flames’, as Tara tells us), but somehow, so many copies survived that age.
it’s more than just any old poorly written story that gets bypassed time and time again on fanficnet. no, somehow it claimed power. it defined an era.
to this day, it is unclear if Tara was being satirical of the fanfiction universe/potter fans, was actually an emo teen who wrote like this and didn’t know better, or was high. there are many other internet conspiracies if you dig deep enough.
for your convenience, i’ve attached a link to the wikipedia, and to the gospel itself below.
There are so many things I love about Skin Deep and Rumbelle.
But one of my absolute favourite twists on OUAT is that their Beauty and the Beast story starts with ending a war. I… can’t really explain why, but the idea that Beauty in this story is not simply making a deal with the Beast to save her father (or -in some versions- is basically being sold by her father who already made the deal with the Beast so he would let him go home), this Beauty is a peacemaker. OUAT’s Belle is a nobelwoman in a town under siege. A nobelwoman in a war council room, who is kind and gentle but at the same time has this incredible strength to her. She is someone who is not just capable of finding solutions that others wouldn’t have thought of (in this case summoning the Dark One) she is also the person who is willing to make the ultimate sacrifice to save her people. The stakes are much higher than in any other BatB adaptation I know and that just gives this really interesting vibe to that very first scene.
But it’s not just that it made (at least to me) Belle someone who is instantly a fascinating character. I also love how the Ogre Wars are something that played an extremely important role in both Rumple’s and Belle’s lives.
I mean, here we have these two people who couldn’t come from more different backgrounds, born 300 years apart… and yet… war brings them together, in a way. The same kind of war, that so long ago ruined Rumplestiltskin’s life and ultimately made him who he is (after all if there were no Ogre Wars, he wouldn’t have become the Dark One).
But it’s also interesting what kind of role they played in the Ogre Wars. Rumple was a soldier, who suffered because the nobels who ruled that territory (probably) couldn’t care less for their subjects. Rumple in that situation didn’t have any power or privilege. 300 years later he is the one with all the power, and I don’t think it’s a coincidence that he finds himself fascinated by- and later falls for this young noblewoman, who is willing to give up all her privilege and her freedom to save her own subjects. Belle becomes what Rumplestiltskin once was (a peasant/servant, someone whose life is basically in the hands of their master(s)) -what fate he later escaped from!- willingly, so she can save people like Spinner Rumple and Bae. And I don’t think that’s something Rumplestiltskin saw many times in his long life.
There are many important things about Rumbelle, and the Ogre Wars being a shared experience (even if from totally different POV’s - but imo, that’s what makes it interesting) is probably not one of the most important ones. But damn, it’s fascinating.
More continuation of the slow burn langsty klance ask 8,^)
Rating: Teen and Up Audiences
“You were screaming,” Keith tells him. “I heard you through the wall.”
That wall, Lance wants to point out, is supposed to be soundproof. It shouldn’t let you hear anything, no matter how hard you listen. What he says instead is “I can’t breathe.”
“Take it slow.” Keith’s voice is steady, but as Lance’s eyes struggle to focus his face is a blur. The image goes shaky and then comes clear, shaky then clear, like looking into water. “Pretend it’s low tide. Tell me about the ocean again.”
Okay so I feel like people really do not understand fetishization. Like, accusing KS of that is Wrong?? Like, listen, I’m a queer girl (so don’t bother dumping that straight people BS on me), and I have read a lot of yaoi, BL, yuri, GL, etc. and let me tell you something. KS is the least sexual BL/yaoi I’ve ever read, barring the like super cutesy and fluffy kind.
That’s right. You heard me. It is almost entirely unsexy, and the only scenes of sexual content are either interrupted, extremely brief, or focusing on the developing dependence between them rather than the act itself. The sexual content is not “fetishy” and the manhwa isn’t “porn with plot.” I mean, there have been a handful of scenes with sexual content, but they were hardly what I would call explicit. I mean, have you read a yaoi lately? I’m guessing not.
This manhwa was certainly not written by a 13yo and frankly? I’m actually offended on the author’s behalf. How dare you. You owe the author an apology for that. The writing of this manhwa is better than half the things I’ve read lately. It’s consistent and well-paced, not to mention suspenseful without being frustrating. The dark themes are extremely well-handled and are probably more the reason for the rating than the barely their sexual content.
Do me a favor and read through some of Blood Bank (great manhwa, btw) and compare them. THAT reads more as porn with plot to me, though the tone is shifting by the later chapters. The beginning has some kind of sexual content in nearly every chapter, enough that the plot is actually slowed down considerably.
You CHOSE to read a manhwa called KILLING STALKING and expected what? Some kind of healthy little romance? Really? You thought it wouldn’t be dark and potentially upsetting? If you’re so against it, then why did you waste your own damn time reading it??
Personally, I am fascinated by Killing Stalking. As a writer, I’m amazed with the characters and the little details that have been used to build the world. I’m amazed that the author can write something so dark with such consistency and flare, not to mention grace. The relationship building is deeply flawed and unhealthy. Obviously. The two main characters are a serial killer and a stalker. If their relationship was healthy, I’d be disappointed. The complexities of their choices and their motives is what draws me in in the first place.
How do you feel about people who enjoy Dext/er, I wonder? Or Break/ing Bad? What about The Sopr/anos? Hann/ibal? Or any other show about criminals? Are they also sick and horrible? Or is it just because the relationship is abusive that you have a problem? Is it the inclusion of abuse and sex in the context of a relationship between two men? Do you really think that enjoying reading about criminals is something new?? People are always fascinated by the darker side of things. It’s why film noir and true crime and detective fiction in general is still so popular.
Scared they may be, but people are still fascinated by the dark and what lurks within it. If you’re having nightmares or panic attacks, obviously you should stop reading it. Don’t read things you find that scary. For me, I only have trouble with supernatural horror, so this kind of thing is really interesting and intense. I enjoy reading it. I’m on the edge of my seat with every new chapter I read, wondering what’s going to happen next. Finding a story the captures my attention so fully is extremely rare for me, and frankly nothing anyone says will convince me not to keep reading.
If you want to try, you’re welcome to. I won’t stop you or even bother to block you. Hell, I’ll engage if you want. But no one’s ever taken me up on the invitation before, so I doubt anyone’ll bother now.
A college AU set in Boston. Jug and Betty are both in college. The style of writing is fantastic, captivating and mature. Veronica is a clear Bughead shipper. The one address all the right issues. Recommended read.
Another one where Betty and Jug walk home from the Sheriff’s office after Jug gets taken in. Feels. Kissing. Angst. The blessing that is Betty Cooper. Out adorable little Beanie Boy. This one has it all.
Story: the backpack https://www.fanfiction.net/s/12443501/1/the-backpack
This is one where we trace Jughead’s backpack and how it’s involved with Jug’s life. I couldn’t put this down, even though I was reading it at two thirty in the morning (well past my bedtime).
Using Websters Dictionary will not help you on definitions of racism, sexism, classism, etc to win an argument. You have never lived nor experienced institutionalized/systemic oppression, so don’t think you can refute those who are, with words from an outdated book written by old white men as your ONLY source. It’s lazy AF.