i knew a dude in college who kept an old Smirnoff bottle full of water on his desk and would casually chug straight out of it in the middle of conversations with new people in order to establish dominance
Ever wonder what your life would be like if you lived up to your full potential? Would your body be healthier? Your skin clearer? Bank account bigger? I think about these things all the time, and, judging by a previous post, you guys do too. Let’s try it out! Obviously we aren’t going to come close to perfect with this – we’re all humans with good days and bad days and in-between days. But let’s try together to see what would happen if we pushed ourselves. I don’t ever want anyone to feel pressured to stick to this every day (I sure as hell won’t), but it’s worth a shot, right? Let’s get to it!
Stretch. First thing. Really give your body enough time to wake up. Touch your toes. Roll out your shoulders. Do not hit snooze!
Do your full skincare routine. I have mine detailed here, but do whatever works for you and your complexion. Be gentle and consistent.
Brush your teeth and floss. I used to be a big floss-skipper too, but you’d be amazed at how dig of a difference it makes. Rinse with a whitening mouthwash. I use one by Crest, and I notice a major difference in my teeth’s overall whiteness in just a few days.
Give yourself enough time to get ready. Whether you’re a wash-and-go kind of girl, or someone who spends an hour doing a full contouring routine before class (and either one is fine!), make sure you aren’t rushing. If you need to wake up a few minutes earlier than normal, so be it. Rushing sets an awful, stressed-out tone for the rest of the day. Allow yourself to be relaxed before taking on the day.
Eat something. I’m not going to say eat a big breakfast, because some people (myself included) just can’t eat in the morning. But you should eat, or at least bring a little something with you to work or school. If you can’t eat a full breakfast, grab a fruit! You won’t be as hungry come lunch time, making you less likely to gorge yourself.
Shower. You can do this at night, in the morning, whatever. Again, this is something you should allow some time for. I don’t wash my hair every day, but I do condition it every day (from the ears down). Scrub yourself with a delicious-smelling body wash. If you shave, make yourself as smooth as a dolphin, dude. If you don’t, then don’t and don’t ever ever ever let anyone make you feel bad or weird about it. When you get out of the shower, wrap yourself in a fluffy towel and totally slather your sexy self with lotion. Top to bottom. Do it as soon as you can post-shower so it can really sink in.
Put leave-in condition throughout your damp hair and comb it through.
Put on an outfit that makes you feel good! So important!
Take a look at your daily to-do list. Knock out the most pressing stuff first. Take pride when you cross things off your list.
Make your bed! Oh my god, make your bed. Do it. Do it. Do it.
Follow the “touch it once” approach. This is a truly life-changing thing. When a task is in front of you, no matter how big or small, just do it right then and there. How many times have you gotten a work email or homework assignment and thought, “Eh, I’ll do it later”? And then later never comes? Once something pops up, do it once. Squash it and be done. Cross things off your list and feel like a badass.
Try to go for a walk at lunch. Even one little lap around the block or campus will reenergize you like nobody’s business.
Be present. This is so hard for me too, but you have to make a major effort to be present in whatever you’re doing. Be engaged and plugged-in and just exist in the moment. Give 100 percent.
Be friendly to friends and strangers. A smile goes a long way.
Eat something. Eat what you packed for lunch (see below) and take a break from working while you do it. You need “you time”!
Take your makeup off as soon as you’re in for the night. Wash your face with your full routine and let your skin have a break.
Workout. You can also do this in the morning. Whatever works for you. Make a great playlist and go hard af. Get your cardio in. Get your strength training in. Earn every freaking sweat bead forming on your forehead. Earn your shower!
Knock out your homework. Life is infinitely better you don’t have anything hanging over your head. Half the time, the energy and emotion you spent dreading/putting off your work is ten times worse than the work itself.
Make a list of what needs to be done tomorrow. It’ll set you up for success the next day, and you won’t forget anything!
Lay out your clothes for tomorrow. This will save you SO MUCH TIME in the morning omg I can’t even tell you how important this is.
Eat something great. And once you’ve decided to be done eating for the night, be done. Brush your teeth so you can’t eat again.
After brushing, do a whitening treatment. Whether it’s classic baking soda, a Crest white strip, or a laser. Do something. And floss! Retainers in too, ladies 0:)
Relax! Take a few hours to do what YOU want to do. Scroll through Tumblr, binge on some Netflix, FaceTime gossip with your friends, anything. Do whatever makes you happiest.
Shut the electronics off an hour before you want to go to bed. Put your phone on sleep mode. If you stare at the screen, it will keep you awake and alert and you won’t be able to fall asleep. A good night’s sleep is crucial for weightless and general happiness lol
Do a quick sweep of your room and see if there’s anything you can put away real quick. A clean space is a happy space.
Crawl into your bed (aren’t you happy you took the time to make it?!) and read a book by lamplight for a while. When you start to feel sleepy, go to sleep. Don’t push it. You kicked ass today and you deserve rest.
Do something with your friends. It just has to be one thing. Even if you’re just hanging out at the coffee shop, spending time with your squad will make you a better, happier person.
Do something just for you. Set your laptop up in the bathroom and watch a Netflix marathon while you take a bubble bath. Buy an old school bottle of Mr. Bubbles ($3 at Target!) and really just soak. Relax. Light a candle.
Do something creative. You can read a book, write, blog, draw, code, anything. It just has to be something that speaks to your passion.
Track your progress. Just do this once a week so it doesn’t become all-consuming. And remember that non-scale victories are just as important as shedding pounds.
Take the time to be grateful. Tell your friend how much you admire her taste in music. Mention to your mom how much you love her cooking and how happy you are that she takes care of you. Thank your teacher after an especially interesting lecture. When you do something awesome, take a moment to admire YOURSELF. Be grateful for even the little things.
Anything I missed? Reblog + add yours! Don’t forget to tag your progress!
dusk, old perfume bottles, cotton sheets, dried rose petals, hand written love letters, old buildings on a street made of stone, ballet, copper, dark lipstick, melted wax candles, grand architecture, rivers that run through cities, women in silk dresses, ballrooms, doves, lavender, gold jewelry, french tipped nails, chandeliers, the women’s powder room, glasses of champagne, harps, long lashes, and lipstick stains on blushing cheeks
- wake up super early, make a warm drink, and drink it while u r watching the sun rise.
- take a super long bath with music, a bath bomb, candles, magazines, etc!!
- have a movie/tv day with ur fav snacks & treats!!
- go for a long walk and pick some flowers to dry, press, or give to some1 u love!!
- spend some time with animals!! if u have a pet, play with it, pet it, love it!! or, go to an animal shelter and play with all the animals there!!
- host a lil fundraiser for a cause u care about! it doesn’t have to be much, maybe just sell some treats and donate the money to a charity u want 2 support!!
- make some positive journal lists!! some suggestions: small things I love about myself, things that make me happy, kind things to do, etc!
- head to a local farmers’ market and buy urself some potted flowers or herbs! remember to water and care for them!!
- go for a rly long walk!! call it an adventure & explore ur hometown!
- write a letter to a loved one!! u can include little gifts like teabags, tiny candies, polaroids, etc!
- clean a desk or table, light an aromatic candle, and take some time to really think. what’s on ur mind truly, hiding just beneath ur consciousness? can u fix some of ur problems? what’s makin u happy rn?
- mix some natural scented extract w water in an old spray bottle! u can spray it around ur room or whatever! mint 4 balance, Lavender 4 relaxation, vanilla bc it smells sweet, etc!!
- make a playlist on ur phone, or burn it onto a cd! make it soothing & relaxing! u can give some copies 2 ur family members or pals!!
- put on some lipstick, stick out ur tongue in the mirror, take some cute selfies (if ur comfortable!) u r a beautiful work of art and u look just the way ur supposed to!
- don’t 4get to get a good nights sleep, drink lotsa water, and love urself!
- remember it’s okay to have lazy days. it’s ok to relax. it’s ok to pamper urself. you are still moving and growing and learning, u r a tiny little plant with so much to give and to receive and you are always worth it.
*moon water in old water bottles*
*empty sauce jars for things*
“I found this rock outside but it’s a valid crystal”
*adds table salt to my bath* “Magic”
*makes my bath purple* “wow. witchcraft”
- not showering for days
- not leaving the house
- “sorry I’m busy”
- sleeping all day
- too depressed to change bedsheets
- eating nothing or overeating
- greasy af hair
- lots of crying
- or just feeling numb
- unintentionally skipping days of meds
- clothes everywhere
- plates of old food all over room
- week old bottle of water on bedside cabinet
- do the curtains even open anymore?