Okay but as much as I hate the idea of the Vizards coming back to SS (I just can’t see them adjusting to that place again lmao Rose and Shinji are 100% human world characters) if there’s something that was done right was Shinji and Momo friendship.
• Shinji, in terms of leading, is probably Aizen complete opposite. It’s exactly what Momo needs.
• And Momo is Aizen’s opposite without really being one. She is, at least when working … Nerdy vice-captain Aizen, but not fake. Shinji probably had a very hard time with that.
• But Momo is fierce! And we all know that, we saw her getting angry! Shinji probably brought that side of her more - I think Momo tried to repress it being Aizen’s subordinate, as it was not exactly what Aizen taught in his training.
• Also, Shinji probably has as much hard time trusting someone as Momo. He already had before the betrayal, and Momo just had her entire world crushed. They both learning to trust each other was such a good thing.
• Let’s not forget that Shinji is blunt as fuck. Aizen probably always sweet-talked Momo, but Shinji wouldn’t never do that. He probably also put loads of work in her back because he is lazy as fuck. Momo had to learn to say no if she wanted him to do his goddamn work.
• And we actually saw it!!!!! We saw Momo getting better, learning to speak her mind and scaring the shit out of Shinji and Lisa!!! Like she was some kind of new Unohana!!! Kubo didn’t let her be “the girl Aizen broke”, she still great at kido, she helped tons healing people at war, she is more relaxed and serious and!!!!!!!! Momo is intact and happy!!!
• And I know it’s just a novel but Shinji forcing her to take a break and calling her “daughter” is just the icing of the cake because oh boy this fucking dumbass actually doing something like this, and to Momo is just!!!!! Thank God Kubo at least did that. They probably are the best captain and vice captain duo (prob something like a reverse Toshiro-Matsumoto duo) and I am 100% they work amazing together.
If we only saw more of it …. (but that’s okay I guess)
I've been seeing some stuff lately (not here on tumblr, but elsewhere) about ppl claiming Yona doesn't deserve to be with Hak... like that she hasn't done enough for him to earn his affections or to be in a relationship with him. Idk it made me mad so I was wondering what your thoughts are about it?
‘Kay. I got this ask a while ago and couldn’t quite decide how to form an answer, so please bear with me as I try to put my thoughts into words.
The entire idea that Yona needs to prove herself in some way or another to be worthy of Hak’s affections, to me, is ridiculous. For one, people fall in love for many different reasons, and just because Yona was a bit of an airhead and not a badass when Hak liked her shouldn’t mean squat. If Hak liked Yona for such a long time he obviously saw something in her that he appreciated and wanted to pursue. That’s his choice, so people making out like Yona needs to be someone worthy of affection or something are likely disregarding that Hak fell for her because, to him, she was worthy of his affection. Now, I get that a simple response here is that, “oh but Yona didn’t like him back so it wasn’t good for him to like her, etc.”, but again I think this has no root as Yona wasn’t aware of Hak’s feelings. She never led him on or toyed with him, she simply liked someone else, Hak never let her know how he felt, and she therefore never viewed Hak as a love interest. Hak himself knew this and still chose to like her and not move on. That to me puts all these “not worthy” complaints on him. He could have moved on to someone “more worthy of his time” but he didn’t. That was his choice.
From a different light, and after Yona flees the castle and Hak starts to be more open with his feelings, I feel that perhaps some people who hold this thought don’t so much think that Yona doesn’t deserve Hak, but rather that because she didn’t return his feelings right from the get-go that there’s an imbalance and “Hak loves her more”, or “she hasn’t contributed as much to their relationship”, or [insert similar thing here]. In response to this I just… arg, I dunno, it just seems silly to think that Yona has something to make up for. Yona just… wasn’t too into Hak in that way at the start of the series and both have had to grow to reach the stage they are at now in their relationship. People are allowed to not like other people romantically, even if said person is super nice and would love them unconditionally. That’s called having a choice. And Yona is allowed to not like Hak’s sometimes iffy advances and tell him to stop. She is also allowed to start developing deeper feelings when the two begin to grow and mature together as they face different trials and support one another.
I just… don’t see where the idea of “deserving someone” comes into this at all. Hak and Yona are just two people who have realised that they enjoy each other’s company and support in a deeper way than friendship and as such have started to grow closer romantically. Yes, Hak has dedicated his life to being her guard and has supported her for a long time even though one could argue he didn’t get out of it what he wanted (that is, Yona’s interest) but again, that was his choice. I’m not trying to defend that it was the right choice, but blaming Yona for his choice and then thinking she needs to make up for it just goes over my head. I really don’t get it.
And I also did this one, the first ship I actually shipped while knowing what shipping means. This ship will always hold a very special place in my heart tbh ;w; (too bad I can only headcanon depressing as fuck things with it now and cannot ever see them being together after the Cold War)
i’m literally just sitting here waiting for a will & grace torrent so i can make gifs because i am an acTUAL GAY MESS I NEVER SHIPPED KAREN AND GRACE IN THE ORIGINAL SERIES BUT HONESTLY YOU CANNOT TELL ME THAT KAREN DOESNT HAVE THE TINIEST CRUSH ON GRACE LIKE BITCH SHE WAS ALL OVER HER FUCK HER SUPPOSED SEXUAL TURN OFF SAFE WORD LOL