Sheith, questions 1 through 18!
bro. so many. okay. sooooooo some of these I already did, so I’ll just copypasta my responses.
1. Who is the most affectionate?
- they both are, just in different ways. this kind of goes with one of my later answers about initiating kisses, but it used to be that Shiro was the more affectionate of the two with Keith kind of holding himself back, but over time Keith realized that he didn’t actually have to hold himself back anymore with Shiro. he realized that he was entirely free to love Shiro, express that love, and be affectionate with him. so now, Shiro is probably still the most verbally affectionate (he lives to be able to tell Keith how much he values him, how important he is, how much he cares for him), but Keith is the most physically affectionate (Keith may not always speak his feelings, but he loves to show them. he loves to touch Shiro, to kiss him, to stand near him, hold him).
2. Big spoon/Little spoon?
- they definitely trade off. (of course, when Keith’s the big spoon, it’s really more like JetPacking ^ω^.) but yeah, Shiro really loves to hold Keith close but at the same time, he finds so much comfort when Keith holds him. when Keith drapes an arm over his waist, tugs him back, presses his chest against Shiro’s back, Shiro feels safe. Keith holding onto him like that makes him feel safe in a way he rarely gets to. so yeah. they trade.
3. Most common argument?
- which one of them is the most wonderful. Keith absolutely insists that Shiro is the most wonderful. and Shiro is just SO TIRED OF THAT CRAP because Keith is CLEARLY the most wonderful, perfect being alive. It’s a very loving argument.
4. Favorite non-sexual activity?
- their favorite physical non-sexual activity is probably back/muscle rubs. Shiro and Keith both like to take care of each other, and after all the physical shit they go through, there’s nothing that really helps them heal and makes them feel connected to each other like massaging each other, rubbing each other’s aching muscles, and helping each other feel better. it isn’t sexual, but it’s still intimate and caring, and they love the moments when they can just be together and tend to each other like that.
- their favorite non-physical and non-sexual activity? they like to play games together. they aren’t really picky about what kind of games; it could be card games, or board games, or guessing games, or even mindless time-wasting games like I Spy. but they like it because it gives them time to relax, to let go, and to instead just focus on something they enjoy together. after they went into space, their options for games dwindled, so one night, after everyone had gone to bed, Keith hand-made a makeshift deck of cards (it was a little ugly, but it served its purpose). he made it as a reminder of who they used to be, who they always were, and who they still are. he made it so they could relax and unwind together when they had time, just like they always used to.
5. Who is most likely to carry the other?
- Practically speaking, Shiro is usually the one who carries Keith (plus, come on, Keith is all about hopping on Shiro’s back and having him charge at the other paladins like a mighty steed while Keith shouts “RAMMING SPEED!”), but don’t for an instant think that Keith won’t deadlift Shiro up any time he feels like it (or when Shiro’s had too much nunvill - he’s a bit of a lightweight sometimes)
6. What is their favorite feature of their partner’s?
- Keith’s favorite physical feature(s) of Shiro’s (now) are his scars. he knows how insecure Shiro gets about them, he knows how unsure Shiro feels about the way these scars make him look. Keith knows that Shiro feels like every scar makes him a little less human than he was before. but Keith loves them for how human they show that Shiro truly is. Keith hates, hates how Shiro has suffered… Keith hates that Shiro ever had to go through all the awful, horrible things he endured. but those horrible things are done now, and there’s no way that they go back and change them (and if Keith could, he would). the scars are there now whether they like it or not… but rather than hate them, Keith wants Shiro to see his scars for what they are: they’re reminders to Keith of just how strong, how resilient, how breathtakingly human Shiro really is. Keith knows these scars are Shiro’s least favorite things about himself… but Keith wants Shiro to see their beauty. to see that they are a sign that Shiro made it despite every horrible thing he went through. they’re the marks of Shiro’s survival.
- Shiro’s favorite feature of Keith’s is his willpower and strength. Shiro often sees himself as weak…fragile…fatalistic, whereas to him, Keith is resilient and determined. in Shiro’s eyes, Keith is the one who never gives up. and Shiro truly admires every ounce of drive, determination, and fight that Keith has inside him. Keith inspires him - Keith is often the one who reminds him that Shiro is stronger than he thinks he is. it’s Keith’s drive and reassurance that ultimately reminds Shiro that they’re in this fight together, and that they’ll come out of it together.
7. What’s the first thing that changes when they realize they have feelings for the other?
- their physical boundaries change once they realize they have feelings for each other. they touch more - small, quiet touches - they stand closer together, they look at each other more, seek each other out more. they’re more willing now to embrace all those feelings that had hung between them that had been previously unrecognized or unacknowledged. after they realize how they feel for each other, there’s a sudden need to seek out all the contact they’d refused to share before.
8. Nicknames? & if so, how did they originate?
- ya know, they don’t really have that many nicknames for each other. I mean, naturally they have the usual ones - “baby”, and the likes. and occasionally, Keith’s southern charm will slip out and he’ll call Shiro “sugar” or “darlin’”. but mostly they prefer to call each other by their names - there’s something so intimate about they way they say each others’ names. (although there was that one time when Keith dead lifted Shiro off a couch just to prove he could, and afterwards Shiro called him “Keithcake the Beefcake” for like two months).
9. Who worries the most?
- have you seen these two? they exist in a constant state of worrying about each other and each other’s wellbeing. but all in all, Keith tends to worry a little more, just because he’s lost Shiro before and doesn’t want to lose him again.
10. Who remembers what the other one always orders at a restaurant?
- Keith does - but he mostly just does it because it’s amusing to throw Shiro for a loop sometimes. Keith tends to be the more reserved one of the two, and Shiro sometimes wonders if he’s just zoning out or if he’s actually listening. So every now and then, Keith will pull a “I know your order inside and out” move because “just cause I’m quiet doesn’t mean I wasn’t paying attention biotch (•̀ᴗ•́)و ̑̑ “
11. Who tops?
- they switch because they both love bottoming and they both love topping
12. Who initiates kisses?
- It used to be Shiro when they first got together - because Shiro has never really shied away from expressing how he feels. But after a while, once Keith grew more comfortable with himself and came to understand his desire for physical contact, once he realized that he didn’t have to be so touch-starved (especially when it comes to Shiro) he ached for every single touch he could get. eventually, Keith was the one to initiate their kisses, their touches, ultimately because he realized that he could.
13. Who reaches for the other’s hand first?
- Keith does. He has a lot of things he wants… he’s been so starved for contact with Shiro for so long that he aches to be able to touch him and feel Shiro next to him. but even though he’s the first to reach out for Shiro’s hand, he’s usually the first one to hesitate and stop himself from taking it. Shiro usually always notices, and silently reaches out so Keith can take his hand like he wants to.
14. Who kisses the hardest?
- Shiro, definitely. He’s a very physical man. Like I said before, he’s never shied away from expressing how he feels. When they kiss, that expression is breathtakingly physical. Shiro kisses hard and deep - tongue eager to touch and taste. His fingers are quick to cup and cradle and caress. When they kiss, his arms are always around Keith, always pulling him in close, urging their bodies more tightly together. He’s learned to kiss this way because he’s never sure how long he’s going to have it - their lives are always hanging by a thread, and Shiro never knows if this is the last kiss they’ll share, the last taste he’ll ever have, the last time he’ll ever feel the cambre of Keith’s body against his own. He kisses hard because he never wants to forget it.
15. Who wakes up first?
- Shiro is undoubtedly the early bird of the two. Shiro is the one who’s bright eyed and bushy tailed before the sun is even up, ready to go for a jog, while Keith leers at him from where he’s buried in the covers still. the only time Keith is ever okay with how early Shiro wakes up is when Shiro wakes him up with soft, gentle kisses on the back of his neck, and a warm hand palming suggestively at his hip and ass. morning sex is about as physical as Keith wants to be before the sun is up.
16. Who wants to stay in bed just a little longer?
- like I said in #15, Keith is the one who groans and glares at Shiro when he gets up too early and wants to do stuff. however, when woken up with lazy, morning sex, Keith can pretty easily get Shiro to want to linger in bed.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
17. Who says I love you first?
- Shiro does, but it’s completely unplanned. It’s said in the moment. they’ve been dancing around their feelings for so long now, everything obvious and yet so very unspoken, and he doesn’t mean to say it, but it just kind of slips out. they’d been sparring together, a long night of practice and friendly competition, and it’s late, they’re tired, and Keith finally has beaten him. Keith has him pinned to the mat, their chests are heaving, and Shiro is just smiling as he stares up at Keith’s look of proud determination. he doesn’t mean for it to slip out, but on the tail of one of his breathless pants, Shiro mumbles a soft “god, I love you”. Keith kisses him before he can really even process what he’d just said.
18. Who leaves little notes in the other’s one lunch? (Bonus: what does it usually say?)
- holy god this is 100% Shiro, and it started back when they’d first become friends in the Garrison. Keith was always a bit of a loner, and once they became friends, Shiro could tell that Keith was the type to appreciate little bits of thoughtful encouragement. he’d sneak little notes into Keith’s bags or books or with his lunch/snacks - just simple things like “good luck on your exam, you’ll crush it!”. after they got together, they stayed about the same, but the notes got more frequent and just a little bit more saccharine. “good luck on your pilot sim, i love you!” or “i’m proud of you, babe”.
….the last note Shiro ever left him was just before he left for Kerberos… Keith didn’t find it until after Shiro was declared dead.