Things I’ve Learned In My First Year Of High School
1) The person that you talked to on your first day, laughed, and thought you were friends with yesterday, can become a stranger in a blink of an eye.
2) Most teachers aren’t that bad if you just turn in your work on time and do whatever the fuck you’re supposed to do.
3) A very small percentage of people actually “hook up” or do drugs.
4) If you do most of your homework in a class and happen to fail a few tests, you’ll most likely still past with a C+
5) Sometimes you lose friends for no apparent reason at all and that’s okay, you’ll meet new friends.
6) Football games aren’t all that. Most people just go there just to talk and look cool or to get out of the house.
7) The freshman are scared of the upperclassman, the sophomores are basically invisible, the juniors are too focused on making good grades to get into their dream college, and the seniors are scared shit less about applying to colleges.
8) There’s always that one guy/girl in a friend group that nobody actually cares about and you will know if its you or not.
9) Sometimes people flirt with each other for no reason. Don’t assume that they like you.
10) Your style will change regardless of your style before, and you will find yourself.
11) People will gossip. Don’t pretend like you’ve never gossiped before.
12) There will be people in your school that will do anything to fit in and a lot of people are desperate but they try not to show it.
13) People will pretend like they don’t know you when they meet you, but trust me, they know every single little detail about you; and probably where you live too.
14) Don’t tell everyone your secrets because most will just back stab you in the end.
15) Act like you know whatever the fuck you’re doing, and you’ll be okay
— i’m going to be a sophomore tomorrow so i decided to talk about school