I just saw your reply to the ooc langst ask, and I was curious about what topics/tropes/headcanons you agree with or like the most regarding that subject? I apologize if this wasn't worded correctly as my English is poor, and I hope you have a nice day!
hey no, your english is awesome!! as for what i personally like when it comes to langst, i guess stuff like:
- lance getting hurt protecting someone else (esp considering this has actual canon grounding!)
- lance getting captured and the team scrambling to rescue him in time
- lance and someone else getting captured and lance doing his best to keep their captor’s attention on him instead (also has canon grounding, re: iverson and pidge in episode 1!)
- lance getting hurt mid-mission but still trucking on because they got shit to do
- lance feeling homesick and someone / the team comforting him
- lance feeling kinda bummed because everyone on the team is a genius and he’s not but something happens where he realizes the role he plays and how important he is
- lance going out on a solo mission and everyone on the castle missing him a lot
- lance ending up in the healing pod for a few days and everyone missing him a lot
- tbh any fic that includes the line “the castle was too quiet without you” is God Tier
honestly i’m just a really big fan of hurt/comfort so these are like the softest of angst tropes but yeah. i like fics where my favorite character is appreciated, not ones where everyone else is bashed for drama or whatever.
also i think that a lot of the ‘langst’ tag misinterprets lance’s character?? he’s like this friendly, happy, heroic kid, but so much of the stuff in there turns him into an angsty edgelord hiding behind a ‘mask of smiles’ or something and it’s boring lol. let lance be happy! and funny!! and flirty!!! and sure let him be sad sometimes but don’t make that his one defining character trait esp considering all canon evidence suggests otherwise like seriously