What were ur thoughts on Kent that ngozi agreed w!!
ok this is gonna be really long because it was basically the Best Day Of My Life, so. settle in kiddos.
(this is also very very heavily referenced from chat logs where I talked about this the day after it happened and a couple of posts I made / tags I wrote around that time. so even though all of this happened like four months ago, I think it’s still reasonably accurate. but obviously memories are flawed things etc)
- so ok first of all ngozi is SO FUNNY AND NICE in person ahhhhh
- I was wearing my kent parson jersey that I made!
- …… but when I first saw her table, I got super overwhelmed and nervous so I like…… walked by really quickly without looking at her and just did a lap around the dealer’s room??? so I could calm down??? haha oh my god it was so awkward.
- I was actually hoping she hadn’t seen me but apparently she DID because later I was talking to someone who’d been standing by her table when I walked by and APPARENTLY she whispered, “PARSE JERSEEEEYYYY” when she saw me omfg
- but anyway she was super friendly right away and asked me if she could take pictures & wanted to know how I made my shirt / etc etc. we talked for a minute and then (of course) she asked me, “so, why do you like parse?”
- and tbh…… I’m still not sure how I was this smooth but I immediately said, in a Very Diplomatic Voice, “I like characters who have a lot of room to grow.”
- which made her laugh!!! she was like, “that’s refreshing!! that’s a really great answer!!! a lot of people are just like, ‘I like him because he’s an asshole!!‘”
WHICH SHE SAID MAKES HER REALLY SAD, GUYS.
- …I think it makes her sad half because she doesn’t get why
someone would like a character just because they’re mean, but
also half because she doesn’t think of parse as an asshole? she
didn’t clarify explicitly, though…. she just expressed that she’s
sad and disappointed when people say stuff like that to her.
MORE under the cut oh god I’m sorry there’s a lot