If you pour a little essential oil over a cotton ball and burn it, the result is a lovely smelling fire and smoke! The cotton ball takes about a full minute to burn in a little fireball formation and produces an incense-like smoke when it goes out (it’s pretty interesting, actually) and doesn’t really flare up much, so it’s perfect for cauldron use.
Witchy anxiety and insomnia tip: lavender oil/water + cotton ball. Apply over eyes, brows, back of the neck, temples, and other places your body stores tension before bed or when feeling especially stressed. It helps calm down your muscles and lets your brain know it’s OK to relax.
My goodies from The Witches’ Night Market. There were so many wonderful locally made things! I got all natural botanical annointing oil in the skull bottle, botanical drawing ink in blue (it’s a rich indigo navy colour, can’t wait to use it for a spirit drawing) and organic cotton hanky dyed with maple leaves and indigo.
While it is important to work carefully with your totem animals, it is also important to remember your pets. This spell will help protect your animal friends on the physical plane.
For EACH animal you will need:
1 six-inch square piece of black felt
a clipping of hair or stray feathers from your pet
2 teaspoons dried cedar
1 bay leaf
2 teaspoons catnip (even if you have a dog)
1 teaspoon comfrey
¼ teaspoon dried garlic
1 teaspoon heather
Protection or Guardian oil (shown below)
Needle and thread
On what will be the outside of the charm bag paint your pet’s name and these runes: Algiz, Koad; the forest rune; the pentacle and the Goddess rune. Let dry. Fold the felt in half (painted side in) and sew two sides of it, leaving one open. Reverse the bag so the painted side is facing out. Raise energy on the herbs then powder and pour into the pouch. Add the clipping of pet hair, then stuff the rest with cotton to which you have added a few drops of the oil. Finish sewing the pouch.
Cast a circle, invoke the elements and the Lord and Lady.
O gracious Lord and Lady,
Protector of all creatures who walk upon this earth.
Guard my (pet’s species and name) against harm and illness.
Watch over him/her with every step he/she takes.
Help me protect him/her and strengthen the connection of love between us.
Let this charm be blessed, to hold the energy of protection.
Keep the charm bags in a safe place, perhaps on your altar, where the animal can’t get to it. Renew this charm every six months.
Remember: the best protection for your animals is to keep them inside, to keep their vaccinations current, and to give them plenty of love, food, and clean water.
This is a good oil to select for your candle of protection when you are concerned with physical, as opposed to psychic attack. It can also be used to anoint yourself before you leave on a journey or undertake a potentially hazardous situation.
Keeping your face clean is very important if you want your blackheads to disappear or to prevent pimples from popping up now and then. A clean face is also crucial if you want your makeup to look neat and fresh. Flaky skin appear even more flaky if you put foundation over it. That’s why you should wash your face every day to get rid of dead skin cells and other impurities! I only use items that are locally produced (if possible) an only items that you can find in any grocery store or pharmacy!
In the morning!
1.Cleanser. To clean my face, I use crystallized honey. One tablespoon is more than enough! The honey I use is rather thick, so I always wet my face with water before I rub it on my skin. But why honey then? Honey is naturally antibacterial, which helps to reduce and prevent skin problems. It’s important to use a honey that has sugar crystals, because the sugar acts as an exfoliator to help remove impurities. Honey opens up the pores, which makes it easier for the crystals to do its job. It’s also full of antioxidants which slows down the aging process. Further benefits to clean your face with honey is that it moisturizes, leaves the face radiant and smelling great!
2. Toner. The reason to use a toner is to balance the pH level of your skin, which gives the skin a more smooth appearance. It also removes any further impurities, and reduces the size of pores. I have my own special toner recipe that does wonders to the skin:
½ of apple cider vinegar
½ of rosemary water
Boil a half of a deciliter/a fourth of a cup of water and add about a teaspoon of dried rosemary. Let it soak for 30 minutes and then filter the water into a bottle. Then add the same amount of vinegar. Store the bottle in a dry, cool place. The toner needs to be replaced after some time, or else it goes bad.
Both rosemary and apple cider vinegar reduces redness, prevents aging and does wonders for acne-prone skin. If you have sensitive skin, make sure to test the toner on the inside of your forearm before applying it to your face, so your face doesn’t swell up and explodes in an allergic reaction. Don’t worry about the smell of the vinegar, it disappears when it’s dried.
3.Moisturizer.Almond oil makes anyone’s skin as soft as a baby’s tushie. It’s packed with vitamins such as vitamin A, B, D and E which gives your skin that healthy glow. You might think that oils are only suitable for people with dry skin. But think again. Almond oil works for any skin type, even sensitive skin(with some exceptions of course. No product is bullet-proof. Don’t use this if you’re allergic to nuts!!!), because it doesn’t clog up the pores! It prevents aging, calms irritated skin, reduces dark circles and evens out the skin tone. I use 2-3 drops of the oil every morning, let it sit on my face while I eat breakfast and then just dab off any excess oil (usually not necessary!) before applying makeup. Oh, and don’t fear walking around smelling like marzipan (although marzipan smells great in my opinion), because it’s nearly scent-free!
In the evening!
1. Makeup remover. Almond oil dissolves even waterproof mascara and is great for the eyelashes! Apply a generous amount on your face, start working it in around the eyes at first. The continue with your face, massaging for a couple of minutes before wiping it off with a paper towel. Rinse with lukewarm water.
2. Cleanser. Again, use your crystallized honey. Or make a facial scrub, what you’ll need is:
1 teaspoon of honey
1-2 tablespoons of ground oatmeal
a few drops of water
Mix it all together and scrub away! I use this scrub 1 to 2 times every week to remove any stubborn skin cells and filth. It’s the “facial spring-cleaning”!
Oatmeal is the wonder-child of cereals. It redeems any type of skin problem, it treats dry, oily, itchy and even aging skin! Love oatmeal, and it shall love you back!
3. Toner. Use the Apple cider vinegar-rosemary toner again. Radiant face? Cheeeeck!
4. Moisturizer. Apply a few drops of almond oil onto your face and neck again, and if you have dark circles, massage an extra drop of oil around your eyes every night before bed. Almond oil has lightening properties, so give this a couple of weeks, and you’re almost guaranteed to see a difference!
5. Pimple fighter. A dab of tea tree oil with a cotton swab on each red little sucker will make them squeal in agony and disappear off of your face faster than you can say synchronous diaphragmatic flutter. But be careful if you’ve never used it before, because it’s very strong and can cause allergic reactions etc. So try a teeny tiny drop of the oil on the inside of your forearm before you put it on your face. And don’t eat it. Because you’re not supposed to. And if you’re pregnant or breast-feeding, avoid using this.
So why should you use food instead of skin products in the hygiene section? 1. It’s much cheaper and lasts longer. I bought a new bottle of almond oil for about £7 in October, and it’s 2/3 full. 2. It’s nicer on the environment. No chemicals! 3. It’s nicer to you. No more rubbing chemicals on your delicate skin! Hope this helped you, and please, ask me if you have questions!
yesss pls post a thorough explanation and help us, your skin is amazing 😭
I first start with washing my body with African Black Soap (disclaimer for sensitive skin it’s kind of harsh and if you rub it too hard you can get redness), I then wash my face with a cleanser with salicylic acid (I’m just saying cleanser and not anything specific because there’s tons of cleansers with salicylic acid you just have to find the one that works for you), then I apply witch hazel to a cotton puff (thing?) and I rub my face with it (softly also you really see the dirt on the cotton once you’re done rubbing it), hen I dab tea tree oil to a cotton pad and dilute it with some water (it will burn) and dab it on my face (disclaimer it burns that’s why you have to dilute it with water), the. I moisturize my face with an unscented lotion. Every 3 days or so I use the Aztec Indian clay mask for a deep pore treatment just to remove any dirt that’s been built up and I usually mix the powder with ACV (apple cider vinegar). When you first do the mask it stings a little but then it stops. I also make my own Rose water to freshen up my face especially when it’s dry. Also I’m trying to eat healthier foods but I’ve been detoxing with water and a teaspoon of apple cider vinegar and sis it works!! Sometimes I get the munchies and I’ll eat a whole bunch of junk food or dairy products and then I would drink diluted ACV and I’ll feel refreshed the next day. Also dairy products and red meat is no bueno for skin but we all have our days when we impulsively buy a 6 pack of cotton candy ice cream sandwiches from Walmart 🤷🏾♀️
Megumi's Academic Success Charm- a beginner/ broom Closet friendly charm for academic success
this would be great for charming a favorite pen!
- something small and portable you can charm. I recommend jewelry but pens, stones, tokens or even clothing will work!
- a white and blue candle. If you can find one an orange candle would be a great addition.
- a box, satchet, bag, bowl or even a ziplock high enough to contain your charm and the following ingredients.
- gather, if possible; salt (to clear disruptive thoughts), basil (to prevent mental fatigue), lavender (reduce anxiety) and peppermint ( stimulate the mind).
*the plant aspects of this spell are not required for it to work but is heavily recommended. You can acquire them as sprigs, leaves or oils
~ if you have them, add amethyst, Quartz and garnet for peace, confidence and protection
- light your candles, white (all purpose), blue (intelligence, cleverness and knowledge), and orange (to bring about desired results)
- place your charm inside your container and sprinkle with salt.
- mix your plants together. If they’re sprigs/leaves tie them together. If they’re oils, put one drop of each oil on a cotton ball and stick that in with your charm.
- if you can do so, hold the container in your hands, if not possible put your hands on it, and imagine yourself succeeding in school, with better grades, less stress, more knowledge, and better skills.
- blow out your candles or dust off your hands to close the spell.
- let your container sit for 3 days so the charm can absorb the plants properties and your intent, and then it’s ready for use!
Best Wishes, Aesa ♥️
(This is my original spell, please do not repost on any platform without explicit permission from me.)