Who tagged me: sofuckingchuffed
Rule 1 - Post the rules.
Rule 2 - Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and then make 11 new ones.
Rule 3 - Tag 11 people and link them to your post.
Rule 4 - Let them know you’ve tagged them
- double-negative means yes
1. Would you rather be Time Traveller or a Super Hero?
Time Traveller, for sure.
2. If you could go on a date with anyone (dead or alive) who would it be and why?
Fictional? Does that count? If so, Martin Crieff, if not, Murray Gold.
3. What’s the most played song on your iTunes?
Follow You Down To The Red Oak Tree - Jame Vincent McMorrow
4. If you could only take one book with you to a Desert Island which book would it be?
Ffffff why would you ask such a thing? Um. Oh gosh, uh…. The Picture of Dorian Gray ….
5. Top three films ever!
DEAR LORD HOW DO I…? OKAY… Love Actually, Third Star, and The Avengers (oh God TTSS nearly made that list :[ )
6. Jammie Dodger or Jaffa Cake?
Jammie dodger :)
7. Do you play an instrument? If so what do you play? If not what would you most like to play?
I used to play piano? I stopped, though, when I started getting sorta bored. I never played seriously or anything, but I had lessons on and off for 9 years and self taught in the longer gaps, and stuff. Also learnt guitar for a bit… And I own a ukulele and a melodica too if that counts for anything XD I don’t really play them, but I CAN.
8. Do you have a favourite pair of shoes?
9. Do you have any weird quirky tricks?
10. Lady Gaga or Katy Perry?
11. If you could fly to anywhere in the world right now free of charge where would it be?
England, of course!
1. Where would you wish to wake up tomorrow?
Like, ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD? Caz’s
bedlounge ;) lol no seriously that’d do me good actually. Or like… Benedict Cumberbatch’s lounge?
2. One thing you regret doing.
I don’t think I really regret anything I’ve done…?
3. One thing you regret not doing.
I sorta regret not getting a job when I was younger, ‘cause it’s making getting a job now so much harder.
4. Would you ever choose a career based on how much money you’d make?
Um. Yes. Unless I’d really fucking hate the job. But if I didn’t detest the job totally.
5. What’s your favourite song from an artist you hate?
White Horse - Taylor Swift
6. What’s your least favourite song from an artist you love?
The Continuing Story of Bungalo Bill - The Beatles
7. Can you tell what was the first fim you watched in the theater and how old were you?
Pretty sure it was FairyTale: A True Story, but I don’t remember how old I was. Maybe 4?
8. If you could spend one day in a different time period, would you like it to be in the past or in the future? Why?
Past, definitely. The future’s for me to either discover, or never know. The past I constantly get to be taught about and admire from text books and photographs and films and stories, but I never get to actually experience… It’s like looking through a window but not being able to step outside and feel the breeze in your hair and the grass under your feet… So yeah, past, definitely.
9. What would you try to save if your house was on fire?
Laptop, phone, and Charlie (my giraffe teddy). Also might grab my sonic screwdriver and The Little Book of Calm as a last thought. But ugh I would want to save EVERYTHING. I love my things.
10. One person who changed your life in some way; you don’t have to explain if you don’t want to.
My ex best friend Melissa. She taught me how to be confident, and she taught me how to believe in myself, and she taught me how to rebel, rather than just wanting to rebel. She wasn’t a hugely good influence on me, but I wouldn’t have half the confidence in myself that I have now if it weren’t for her. I’d never been as close to a person as I was to her, and even though she was a pretty rubbish friend when I needed her to be there for me, we had so much fucking fun together, and she always had the best ideas, and we always had a laugh. Except when we didn’t… She helped me grow as a person and I made a lot of decisions I wouldn’t have made without her influence, but that I will never ever regret making. And yeah, she ripped that all out from under me in the end… But that sort of helped me become who I am too, so in the end I’m sort of grateful. Plus now we sort of talk again, and I’ve realised time really does heal wounds.
11. If you could change everything you don’t like about yourself and be a different person, would you?
No. Absolutely not. I like who I am, mostly. I mean, I’d like to have a job, and if we’re really being picky, I’d like better skin. But meh, I like who I am.
1. Favorite booze. If you don’t drink alcohol, favorite food.
Honestly? Passion pop xD cheap as chips and tastes good.
2. Favorite book/author.
The Picture of Dorian Gray … Not sure on author :S maybe JK Rowling?
3. Do you read books/watch films more than once?
4. What is 42?
5. Which canceled TV series you would give your limb to be revived and why?
But I like my limbs :P
6. Which TV series you would like to cancel?
THE VOICE. Oh my God I am so tired of hearing about it.
7. Which fictional character you would like to be and why?
Sherlock Holmes? Because all the reasons?
8. What super power would you like to have and why?
Telekinesis. Is that how you spell it?
9. Which TV series/book/film would you recommend me and why?
TV series - Spaced, because Simon Pegg, Jessica Hynes, Nick Frost, and Reece Shearsmith, Mark Gatiss, John Simm and Lee Ingleby make appearances
Book - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo because I’m reading it at the moment and it’s great
Film - You probably have seen all the films I have to recommend… But Amelie, if you haven’t, because it’s the type of film that makes you feel really lovely and you sort of forget the world’s not all that nice.
10. Your craziest dream.
LOL okay so I once had this dream that I had Voldemort on the back of my head. That was pretty crazy……. OR the dream I had the other night where I had to fight the future because there was an apocalypse happening in the future and everyone from the future wanted to kill us guys from the past and I had a sword and I just chopped peoples heads off and was all badass.
11. If you had one night with any fictional character of your choice to do as you please, who would that be and what would you do? :)
I’d love to take Martin Crieff on a date. I’d take him to dinner and then I’d take him to see a movie, and then I’d take him out of town and find a nice spot so we could lie under the stars and just talk… And I’d make sure to tell him how wonderful he is, and I’d hold his hand, and I’d give him a kiss at the end of the night.
1) If you could watch only one movie for the rest of your life (not a series of movies like Harry Potter, just one, single movie) what would it be?
Love Actually. I’m not even kidding, even though I’d miss everything else.
2) What is your favourite Youtuber?
Alex Day (nerimon)
3) Why are they your favourite?
Oh God, because Alex is just so fucking funny. I almost went with John Green, but then I was like NOWAITALEX because just.. Every time there’s a new video from Alex, I get super excited and prepared for a laugh.
4) If you could be any fictional character from any tv show/movie/book, who would you be and why?
Sherlock Holmes, BECAUSE ALL THE REASONS. Just… All the reasons. I answered this one above, but I’ll extend my answer here. He’s just so fucking intelligent, and I know that’d probably be dull sometimes (hence the drugs?) but God I wish I could be half that observant and half that intelligent. I want that mind… And I want to live in a lovely flat like 221b with my John Watson. And I’d love to be able to solve crimes as a consultant like that.
5) Do you play any instruments, if so, what are they? If not, what instruments would you like to learn to play?
Answered this earlier too. Piano mainly, but a bit of guitar as well, and I have a ukulele and a melodica for fun times xD
6) Do you have any birthmarks/moles and where about are they? (I have no idea where this question came from.)
Haha uhm, I used to have a birthmark but it’s gone! I have a small mole on my right upper arm, though.
7) How many books do you own that you haven’t got around to reading yet?
Including the one I’m heading but haven’t finished yet? 36 :)
8) What is your favourite book and why?
The Picture of Dorian Gray, because it’s just… It’s so beautiful. I love the way Wilde writes, and I love the growing darkness and subtlety and damn the imagery is stunning. And it’s just a marvellous story.
9) What is your most treasured object in your bedroom right now?
Ugh. Honestly? Charlie, my stuffed giraffe. Almost went with like, laptop or phone, but no, Charlie wins. I can get a new laptop or a new phone, but I can’t get a new Charlie, and even if I found one exactly like him, it wouldn’t be the same because he wouldn’t be my Charlie.
10) Favourite band/solo artist?
Mumford and Sons :) Favourite solo goes to Amanda Palmer though.
11) Out of all the TV shows you have ever watched, which would have to be your favourite?
Sherlock! But gosh there’s so many good shows. But Sherlock just sort of… Ugh perfection.
1. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Oh, that’s a tough one because I’ve watched at lot of MST3K. But otherwise, probably Alexander.
2. If you could choose one item in the world that you don’t own, and have it free of charge, what would it be? Why?
I’m going to twist this one a little bit and use charge to imply spending time, not money. My PhD. Because, dammit, I’d like to be done already. (There just aren’t a lot of things I want to own that I could buy with money, but I’d sure as hell like to own a diploma with PhD after my name).
3. Sex or money?
4. What’s your dream job?
To teach anthropology undergraduate labs or to work in a museum with physical anthropology/archaeology collections.
5. Who’s your favourite fictional villain?
If Havelock Vetinari counts as a villain, then him.
6. What event in history do you find most interesting?
The creation of the provincial health care system in Canada. It came out of a very populist movement in a prairie province in the 1920s and I think the kind of initiative and resolve needed to make it work wouldn’t happen today, or would be seen as too left-wing or expensive. But I’m always grateful for the fact that it happened.
7. Top 5 television shows?
1. Sherlock (obviously;)
2. Game of Thrones
8. If you could go back in time, where/when would you most want to go?
Nowhere, ever. I love having running water, indoor plumbing, advil, the internet, and being able to wear pants (trousers).
9. Have you ever had a ‘life defining moment’? Feel free to describe it…
A number of them, but one in particular. I did two seasons (summers) of paleontology field work in northern Kenya, in a very, very remote, dry, isolated, and poor area. Every day, I am thankful I have clean and hot water, a comfortable home, and an education.
10. Any guilty pleasures?
11. If you could choose one fictional character to bring to life, who would you choose?
Havelock Vetinari. And then I’d vote for him for President of the US.
My questions to you:
1. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do that you think you will be able to?
2. What is one thing you’ve always wanted to do that you think you won’t be able to?
3. What is your favourite physical sensation (smell, taste, sound, or touch)?
4. What is your least favourite song and why?
5. Who is your favourite author?
6. Which of their works is your favourite?
7. If you could bring back the fashion from one particular era, which era would it be and why?
8. What is something you’re proud of about yourself?
9. Do you speak a language other than English and if so, which one(s)?
10. What’s your happiest memory?
11. Have you ever met any of your heroes?