Maaaak, do you like shoujo? ♥ (I think you mentioned it to me once, but I'm not sure) if you do, what are your favorite anime/mangas?
LONG POST AHEAD!
I do like shoujo :3c ♥ ♥ ♥ i’ve loved shoujo ever since Cardcaptor Sakura ~ (that was one of my fave childhood animes
here’s a list of my favorite ones (so far, in no particular order):
1. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster the theme song is sooooooo catchy and adorable and so rainbow-y! there’s a maka look alike! (she’s in my header btw), and haru is just the sweetest dorkiest anime character. i have a soma au for this. and there is a love triangle. i need a season 2. i am dying. save me. this has been one of my favorite shoujo animes for a long time ♥
2. Kyoukai no Kanata / Beyond the Boundary it’s kind of not a typical shoujo, because it has a lot of action in it- but the art & animation style is just #artgoals and #gorgeous and the characters are so lovable i could scream. also i have not watched the movies yet but i would so love to watch them soon
3. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i honestly would recommend the manga (since it’s better than the anime), but i love the ending song???? it’s so catchy and i will make a soma animation for it one day. this was honestly the inspiration for my mak persona! i only recommend it if you read a bit of the manga and want to see it animated
4. Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso / Your Lie in April if you’ve seen tumblr posts and gifs about this and know a thing or two about the story, then you know why this is my fave. the art and animation style is AHMAZING, the story is sooooo good??? (feels though im warning you) the ending could have been a little bit slower? but it still wraps up the anime very well, it gives all the characters closure. (did i mention the characters are all lovable too??). also i want to animate the theme song for soma au not gonna lie
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair the ones who produced this was the same animation studio that handled Soul Eater!! (studio bones)!! girl power tbh shirayuki (the red haired girl) is such an independent girl
i love her. also there’s a white haired boy who i think you’ll love cuz he is already one of my cinnamon rolls. freaking potential SoMa au i tell u (there are 2 seasons but i wish for another one) (also i love shirazenobi) (casually tags @l0chn3ss)
6. Nisekoi / False Love soul’s VA is the same as the male main character’s VA. nuff said. no but seriously i love every single character here. it’s the only harem i would dare to watch. it’s so funny and light-hearted and the plot will keep having twists. it’s really fun to watch. @l0chn3ss, @flamedork and i made a SoMa au for it last soma week :D the anime ending had something missing to it, but i believe you’ll still enjoy it nonetheless
7. Nagi no Asukara / A Lull in the Sea OKAY I HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS TBH out of all of the shoujo animes i listed as my fave, this one takes the cake. i actually did not expect any of the twists, and the story goes really deep. the ending could have gone better tbh (im so salty about how it ended too quickly), but the characters and how everyone interacts, it just makes you keep wanting to watch it D: (plus! the art style is adorable im crying about it. the animation of the waves and the sea– and the opening and ending themes are soooo cool
8. Cardcaptor Sakura oldie but goodie! there’s also a reboot coming up (or a sequel i think? based on the new Cardcaptor Sakura Clear Cards manga- which is so amazing for people who love nostalgic shows) idk if i can say any more about it, but it’s a magical girl story! and i love every single character. syaoran is my blushy-blush child.
9. Kono Bijutsubu ni wa Mondai ga Aru / This Art Club Has a Problem! this was one of the most recent i’ve watched and it’s totally not like all the others. mainly because… it’s just so random? it’s a school anime about an art club and i just love the characters and the randomness of it all. i totally ship these two who are just so cute together but the guy is too dense. eurghhh (this anime has a manga but i havent read it so i cant say much about it)
10. Tamako Market this is one of the cutest shoujo i’ve ever seen. oh my gosh- you will love tamako. for sure. also! the animation is so fluid and adorable! the opening will make u puke rainbows bc of the cuteness, and the ending is so aesthetic, every scene would be worthy for a gifset. the story is different for a school type anime (it’s more centered on the marketplace tamako lives in) and it revolves around all the characters and their development and relationship to tamako :3
11. Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae wo Bokutachi wa Mada Shiranai (i’ve memorized this anime title) / We Still Don’t Know the Name of the Flower We Saw that Day (or in shorter terms: AnoHana) this anime is definitely one of the best ones. it will make you cry. produced by A-1 pictures, the same ones who animated this prized piece. you will definitely cry. it’s best if you watch for yourself if you havent watched it yet ;w; p.s. i love menma so much hrhrrrr
1. Hirunaka no Ryuusei / Daytime Shooting Star the art style of this manga is my aesthetic tbh. the characters and the love triangle is my fave part– for me, ending could have been less rushed tho (i will fight for mamura) (just a warning, there’s a teacher-student thing going on)
JUST LOOK AT THE ART STYLE DAMN
2. Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun / My Little Monster yeah this has a manga too! i love the characters and the love triangle too (you can see i have a type), and the art style is so lit, you’re gonna love it. i don’t remember if i loved the ending, but yeah it’s completed as well
3. Taiyou no Ie / House of the Sun i don’t remember much of the story anymore (since it was such a long time ago since i last read it), but the art style is so cute it will give u cavities. it’s kind of weird since the couple may seem like siblings, but eh, they’re just really close childhood friends. if you like domestic fluff, you will love this.
4. Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji / Wolf Girl and Black Prince i basically love the character development. the art style also gets better over time and the story so far is going through so many twists. i have not caught up too much so pls no spoilers :“)
5. Akagami no Shirayukihime / Snow White with the Red Hair yeah this has a manga too! right now the manga is still ongoing so it’s not too late to catch up :”) i also need to catch up though hehe
6. Nisekoi / False Love it also has a manga!! if the anime is super good, then the manga is so much better. it handles so much character development and i seriously got addicted to it the more i kept reading. unfortunately it’s finished (i wanted to see more heh), but the ending is kept with good closure for each character (for a harem, that’s a blessing), but it also depends on who you’re betting on for raku ;w;
(not sure if i should add this but i want to talk about it :>)
1. Kimi No Na Wa / Your Name have i talked about this enough? no? well im gonna talk about it anyway
it’s so amazing. i literally screamed all throughout (well maybe not really). the animation. the voice acting. the characters. the designs. the music. the aesthetic. the story. THE STORY AGH you will cry. or at least be moved.
2. Koe no Katachi / A Silent Voice this movie gave me a great hype tbh. even though the ending could have been a bit more thought out (as you can see i have such a high standards for endings), the story and the feels totally made up for it. it deals with a more serious topic than Kimi No Na Wa but it’s worth the watch esp if you like crying good animation and friendship-type shoujos (but u will have feels. i promise).
honestly BLESS the fact that sam can't seem to close his beautiful, pretty pink mouth like EVER. bless his confused!open mouth, his in-pain!open mouth, his scared!open mouth, his surprised!open mouth, his shocked!open mouth, his angry!open mouth, his huffy!open mouth, his-
—not-always-open-mouths like his sturgeon face!mouth and his oh-damn!mouth and his not-impressed!mouth and his yikes!mouth and all the WTFery he is capable of expressing. Hnngh yes honestly bless Sam Winchester’s mouth in its expressiveness and loveliness and hilarity. (And bless this ask.)
Emmmm I'm sitting her smiling SO HARD over that duck fic. I love duckies I love sterek I love this fic!!!!!!! The whole 'please tell me that's not the pack' thing was weirdly hilarious to me (and now I lowkey want a fic where the pack is turns into ducklings. jackson proudly preening his feathers, duckie scott trying to woo duckie allison, sterek exasperatedly trying to care for them. i don't have time to write adorable duck crack, dammit em!). aaaaanyway, this was so so cute and sweet and [1/2]
[2/2] perfect!!! also, derek trying to care for little orphan ducks makes me SO SAD and it’s SO CUTE and I love you a lot. thank you for gracing my dash with the adorableness <3
EM!!! NOTHING MAKES ME HAPPIER THAN SOMEONE TELLING ME I MADE THEM HAPPY!! The image of the duckies is aaaaaall thanks to nonnie, but I will take credit for the duckie!pack feels ;) (sorry not sorry!)
Oh my gosh, but, like, little duck!Isaac too, trying to warm himself up with an itty bitty piece of cloth as a make shift scarf (maybe preening a little when he gets Allison and Scott’s attention), and duck!Lydia just sitting there and hardcore judging Stiles because he’s trying to feed them biscuits. Biscuits, Stiles, really?? Derek, why are you dating this imbecile? she tries to convey, ruffling her wings furiously.
Oh, oh oh, and baby duck!Kira, who would be the cutest one of all though, perched happily on Derek’s shoulder while he reads, trying to help him, and pecking his shoulder consolingly when he starts getting frustrated because apparently no pack in the history of forever has been stupid enough to get themselves cursed and turned into ducklings. (He’s just really grateful Stiles wasn’t with the pack at the time when it happened because he has a feeling - call it a hunch - that Stiles would make a more frustrating duck than a human. He’d probably try and peck at Derek’s pants, just to screw with him.)
Ducks!Boyd and Erica being all cozy together, maybe going out for a wee romantic stroll to the local swimming pool (Erica’s idea because she lives to make Derek and Stiles’ lives difficult, and Boyd half amused, half horrified this might count as their first official date.)
I WANT IT ALL.
Dammit, SOMEONE GIVE ME A FULL FLEDGED PACK!DUCK AU!!!!! STAT!!
i was scrolling through twitter when i saw THIStweet and it got me thinking of a plot. so let’s say MUSE A is a huge fan of MUSE B. MUSE A has a fan account on twitter and just like any other fan, is hoping to one day be noticed by MUSE B, but of course MUSE A doesn’t give their hopes up because they know it may never happen. one day MUSE A shows her mother a photo of MUSE B and instantly her mom thinks it’s their boyfriend/girlfriend and is telling MUSE A that they need to invite them over to their house. finding it extremely hilarious MUSE A tweets it out, and the next morning MUSE A wakes up to a dozen of notifications on their phone and soon figures out that MUSE B responded to her tweet saying something along the lines of: “well MUSE A, where’s my invite?” and oh my gosh it’d be so cute?! they could end up talking through the dms and then maybe someday that text conversation with their mom can become a reality and the two of them can finally meet in person? it can be completely platonic or something more. i just think it’d be the cutest thing !!
A few hours later, Dean wandered into the living room to find the television on but muted. The room was quiet… too quiet.
Stepping around the couch, Dean found his brother stretched out on the couch. You were laying on his chest, kept tightly in place by Sam’s arms. The two of you were sound asleep, breathing in sync.
Dean couldn’t help but smile to himself as he settled into the easy chair next to the couch. But as cute as it was, he couldn’t help but feel a small sense of dread.
What would happen if they never found a cure for you? What if you were stuck in that tiny body for the rest of your life? Cas had said you wouldn’t grow or change… would they ever be able to teach you how to talk? That could maybe help… but then again, it would be incredibly weird to hear a baby speaking in full sentences (and probably swearing).
Dean was also worried about his brother. He knew Sam loved you, and he was proud of how much his brother had grown to adapt to this new role. But if you never came back… would Sam ever be able to move on? And how would you react if Sam did move on?
Dean ended up taking you to a small ice cream parlor. He ordered himself a dish of apple pie-flavored ice cream and a small dish of chocolate for you. A worker happily pulled a high chair over to a table for Dean.
“All right,” Dean said, sitting next to you. “Now… don’t tell Sam, but I’ve got an ulterior motive for bringing you out today.”
“I want you to be my wing-woman.”
Your brow furrowed, your lips pursed. Dean held a spoonful of ice cream up to you. After a moment, you swallowed it down.
“Come on, Y/N. You used to help me out all the time. And women love babies.”
You blew a raspberry at Dean, indicating that you didn’t think highly of this plan.
“Don’t give me that. You know it makes the ovaries explode to see a handsome hunk of a man taking care of a tiny little baby.”
You scowled at him.
“Oh, here comes a hottie.” Dean scooped up some more of your ice cream, holding the spoon out to you. “Come on, Y/N.”
You wanted to be mad, but you liked chocolate too much. You opened your mouth and let Dean slip the spoon in, just as the ‘hottie’ stepped up.
“Oh, my gosh, she is just the cutest!” the girl cooed, her voice syrupy sweet.
“Well, thank you,” Dean said, smiling a thousand-watt smile up at the stranger. “I wish I could take credit, but she’s just my niece.”
You rolled your eyes before reaching out, trying to grab the spoon. If Dean was going to focus on this bimbo, you might as well enjoy your ice cream.
“Easy, Y/N,” Dean said, his voice taking on its own syrupy quality. “You don’t want to make a mess.”
You blew another raspberry, causing a peal of delighted laughter from the strange woman (why was she still here?).
“Do you want to join us?” Dean asked, pushing the spoon into your mouth before you could squawk in protest.
“I would love to!” The girl stepped over to the counter, giving Dean a small wave.
You glared at Dean. No amount of chocolate would make you like this.