OH MY GOSH I WAS BINGE READING ALL YOUR IMAGINES DAMN YOU ARE SUCH A GREAT WRITER COULD YOU DO AN IMAGINE WHERE THE READER HAS POWERS (MAYBE LIKE TELEKINESIS??) AND THEY KNOW EACH OTHER AT SCHOOL BUT DONT KNOW THAT THEY’RE SUPERHEROES AND THE READER IS NEW TO THE WHOLE SUPERHERO THING SO SHE LIKE JUMPS IN BEFORE PETER CAN SAVE SOMEONE AND HE’S LIKE??????????????? AND MAYBE MORE STUFF AFTER THAT?? THANK YOU
“Peter! Peter! Bro, have you heard about the new superhero going around Queens?” Ned asks Peter as he approaches the lunch table. “Yeah, she beat me to some trashy thieves yesterday. Why?” Ned smiles widely before placing a Daily Bugle article on the table.
“IS KINETICA THE BETTER SUPERHERO?!” Peter exclaims. “How the hell is she better than m-uh, I mean him! She barely even showed up last week!” Peter is furious with the article and Ned’s entertained smile makes him even madder. “The article says that Kinetica has done a lot more for the community in the past week than Spiderman has in the past six months, man. You need to step up your game.”
While this conversation is taking place in the cafeteria, you’re struggling with your calculus homework in the library of Midtown Highschool. Since you got your telekinesis powers, you’ve been spending as much time as possible trying to help the citizens of Queens. You don’t know how Spiderman does it. Whether you do your homework during school or after, you’re still losing sleep and your grades have begun to drop from all the time you’re out in the city trying to help. You’re beginning to losing your mind with all the work and physical strain as well as lack of sleep.
When you walk home that day, your friend Peter catches up to you. “Wow, (Y/N), you okay? You’re wobbling,” he says. “Yeah, yeah I’m good, Pete. Barely getting any sleep, that’s all.” He nods and tells you he knows how that feels. Your t-shirt slips down as you adjust your bag and he sees the faint colours of a familiar green and black skin-tight costume. You pull your shirt up before he can see for longer than a second, though. “Hey, (Y/N), can I ask you something?”
“Sure, Peter, what’s up?” you say tiredly.
“What do you think of the new superhero, Kinetica? I think she’s kinda stupid, if you ask me. We already have Spiderman to take care of Queens.”
“Well I think Queens is big enough for both of them,” you say quickly and defensively.
“Can I ask you another question?”
“Sure, Pete, shoot.”
“Wanna team up instead of you stealing all of my bad guys? I could use some help.” He grins as you stop walking.
“Yeah. Yeah, sure.” You say before catching up with him. “One condition, though.” He hums for you to tell him what that may be.
“Swing me home? I’m gonna collapse if I walk any further.” He chuckles and pulls you into an alleyway to change before he swings you to your bedroom window. With an arrangement of him picking you up at eight that night, you both parted ways.
(Partially) Inspired by my neighbor who decided to put up Christmas decorations even though we’re in the middle of October and it’s almost Halloween:
(Edit: turns out the lights weren’t Christmas decorations but Diwali decorations ;))
- R who is honestly scarily enthusiastic about holidays
- He decorates the entire apartment months before the holiday even happens
- And Enj has absolutely no idea about this
- He finds out on the first of August, two weeks after they first move in with each other
- He wakes up, absolutely terrified and screaming his lungs out when he opens his eyes to find a gigantic spider dangling in front of his face and the headboard of their bed completely covered in spider webs
- R runs into the room, and instead of helping Enj, he smiles broadly and leans against the wall which is really not okay because Enjolras is about to be eaten by the biggest fucking spider he’s ever seen in his life
- “Oh my gosh, do you like the decorations?!?! I didn’t know if the fake spider was realistic enough, but guessing by your screams I guess it is!!”
“What the fuck do you mean it’s FAKE?!?!”
- When he walks out of the room he bumps into about fifty different talking skeletons and accidentally walks through a spider web (which is now entangled in his hair, along with the tiny plastic spiders which were attached on said spider web)
- “Come on Enj, it’ll take me forever to set those up again. You’ve just about ruined the Halloween spirit in our home.”
- Where he would’ve normally smiled at R already calling their apartment “our home” his eye just started twitching and he had half a mind to slam his head against the fucking counter because Halloween?????
- “Grantaire. It’s August. Halloween is in October.”
“I know!!!! It’s so close, it’s like, only 91 days away!!!”
- He learns to maneuver around the decorations and nothing significantly halloween-y happens for the next two months
- Then October first happens
- He wakes up to the sound of “This is Halloween” blaring from speakers he honestly didn’t know they even had and fuck is this what October is going to be like?
- “Couldn’t you have chosen literally any other song? This isn’t even Halloween. The date is contradicting your song.”
“It’s basically Halloween, there’s only thirty days left!!!!”
- It’s been four hours into the day and Enj’s eye is still twitching and his face is stretched into the fakest smile in the history of mankind and he keeps having to remind himself “this is for R” everytime a new song comes on
- His smile is painful now and he swears he’s going to scream next time he has to hear “spooky scary skeletons” (remix or original)
- Then costume shopping happens
- R insists on getting matching ones, and Enj is never going to admit he likes costume shopping just because he loves looking at R’s face light up as he flits through the store with arm loads of clothes
- (Everytime Enj thinks his boyfriend couldn’t get more adorable, shit like this happens, and he sort of has to sit down and freak out to himself because fjdndnndnfnf R)
- They settle on two greek soldier costumes and R swears up and down that they’re really Achilles and Patroclus costumes and Enj goes along with it
- Somehow R manages to decorate the apartment even more
- He’s replaced the sheets and pillows with black and orange halloween themed ones
- He bought fake bats and hung them all over the apartment
- He’s even bought him and Enj matching Halloween pajamas
- He also managed to hide all of the hair ties in the house and replace them with Halloween themed scrunchies which Enj is now forced to use
- (Despite all his complaining about how much he hates the scrunchies he really loves it when R uses them)
- He has managed to fashion a bridal veil out of fake spiderwebs and made a tiara of fake spiders for one of the many skeletons in their apartment
- He also made a bra for one of the skeletons the same way which he and Bahorel and Courfeyrac seem to find hilarious
- And now thanks to all this decorating Enjolras literally cannot tell the difference between a fake spider and real one
- There was a gigantic one in his lunch bag the other day and he assumed that R wanted to be extra festive when he packed his lunch but he didn’t realize it was a real one until it bit him and scurried off the table when he tried to move it off
- Needless to say, everyone in his office now knows what his scream sounds like
- Then Hallows Eve comes
- R insists on pulling an all-nighter because “It’s Halloween, Enj!!! What type of person would I be if I didn’t stay up till twelve to wait for it???”
- Enj wakes up to the sound of literally all of R’s halloween songs playing at once
- When he walks to the kitchen R is already there, in full Patroclus regalia, making spiderweb and pumpkin pancake art
- “Enjolras, today we will be dining on my finest china.”
“R, these are just two Halloween themed paper plates.”
- R picks him up from work at three pm that day to start trick or treating
- “R, nobody starts trick or treating at three pm”
“Hi nobody, I heard you’re starting to trick or treat at three pm!!! Which, if you ask me, is totally the wrong attitude right now because we’re being Achilles and Patroclus, not Odysseus and Polyphemus so get your shit together Enjolras”
- He actually has fun. Which he didn’t expect.
- His favorite part of the night was watching R hand out candy to little kids once they got back from trick or treating. Because R and kids. And that smile he gave to them. And how he crouched down to their level and talked about how much he loved their costume. And how now Enj has to go and freak out in a corner now because his boyfriend is so adorable.
- When he wakes up the next day to the sounds of “Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer” and Christmas lights covering every inch of their apartment, Enjolras smiles to himself and thinks this whole holiday thing is just another reason to love his boyfriend
im finally home oh my gosh i panicked so hard today at school … in front of ppl .. in the middle of a corridor i started crying n then laughing coz i was what the fcuk why am i crying n i couldn’t catch a breathe my heart was beating so fast n all of that bc of a fcuking big ass spider which was next to me at history class n at the end it was almost on my leg i literally run out of class after the bell rang jfc everyone was like are u ok chillax one person was genuinely worried n i was just there crying n laughing holding my hand next to my heart pls
but i passed that geography test that i had last week so👌
Sequel to Spiders: oh my GOSH spiders was magnificent!!! would you be willing to write a part 2 explaining how they get rid of the spiders? GAH i just adore your writing!
A/N: This kind of got very ridiculous and out of hand very quickly, but also I think it’s how the Avengers would react to a spider infestation? Anyway, it’s ridiculous and pretty fluffy, but I hope y’all like it.
“Stark, keep it down. You’re going to wake them up.”
“It’s not my fault we’re in here, Romanoff. You’re the one who told us you caught them hooking up last night.”
“You are the one that dragged the rest of the Avengers in here.”
“Barton, tell me you don’t think they’re cute.”
“This is a little invasive, Tony.”
“I’m not being invasive, Bruce, I’m just…happy they finally got together.”
You wake up to the sound of whispers. Your eyes fly open and you take in all of the Avengers, clustered around the bed.
“Why are you all in my room?” you ask grumpily and everyone freezes.
“We’re not in your room,” Tony says. “This is all just a dream.” You reach for your nightstand, pick up your alarm clock and hurl it at Tony. It hits him in the chest and he winces.
“Seems pretty real to me,” you smirk. You try to sit up, but a strong arm wrapped around your waist keeps you pinned down to the bed. You look over and see a still-sleeping Steve shift, his arm still firmly holding onto you.
You look back at the rest of the team, all of them sporting matching idiotic grins.
“Why’re you here?” you growl, still lying flat on the bed. Because Steve looks so incredibly peaceful when he sleeps and you’re damn well not going to be the one that wakes him.
“Team meeting,” Tony says quickly and you shake your head.
“Nat, do you maybe want to explain this?” you ask and the redhead raises an eyebrow.
“Me?” she says, her tone just a little too innocent for your liking. “What do I have to explain?”
“I’m thinking you may have done a little willful misinterpreting last night,” you glare. “And you maybe shared that misinterpretation with the team?”
“Hey,” she says defensively, hands up in the air. “You and Steve came out of his room, sweaty, out of breath, in very little clothing. Forgive me for jumping to conclusions.”
“Oh shit,” you say, remembering. “The spiders.”
“Yeah, you were trying to tell me some story about spiders,” Nat says. “But I think-”
“No,” you say. “Spiders. There’s a bunch of spiders in Steve’s room.” The rest of the team looks at you skeptically.
“No one’s mad that the two of you are together,” Tony says. “Well, actually, they might be, because I think it means everyone owes me money…?”
“No,” you say. “We’re not together. There’s spiders. So many spiders. J.A.R.V.I.S., can you pull the security footage from the hallway outside of Steve’s room from last night?”
A hologram flickers to life in the middle of the room. The Avengers all turn to look at it, watching in amusement as the door slides open and you and Steve come running through.
And then they see the wave of spiders behind you.
“What the hell is that?” Bruce asks, taking off his glasses and stepping forward to examine the image.
“That, my friends, is the infestation of spiders,” you smile. “I wasn’t lying.”
“And where are they now?” Tony asks, trying to mask the intense look of panic on his face.
“I sealed them in last night,” you say. “Do you all really have a betting pool for when Steve and I are going to get together?”
“She said when!” Tony shouts. “Not if!” You hear Steve yawn and everyone in the room turns to look at him. His eyes flutter open and a smile creeps across his face.
“Good morning,” he says, his lips brushing across your forehead. You stiffen, not because this isn’t nice (if you’re being real with yourself, this is something you’ve always imagined) but because you know that you have an audience. An audience that needs to take a damn chill pill.
“Steve,” you say quietly. “We have company.” He looks up and his eyes widen.
“What the hel-”
“Suit up,” Tony says. “We’ve got a mission.”
“A mission?” Steve asks, still confused.
“Operation Get-Rid-Of-All-The-Freaking-Spiders,” Clint says, before they all file out of the room.
“Meet in the common room in 10 minutes,” Tony says, deadly serious. Everyone leaves, the door sliding shut behind them.
“I don’t even know.”
“So Clint and Natasha’ll drop in from the ceiling, spray the paralyzing agent, then everyone else will come in, scoop the spiders up-”
“I’m sorry, why aren’t we killing the spiders?” you interject.
“Well, they didn’t do anything,” Bruce stammers.
“Uh-uh,” you cut him off. “They’re spiders. I want to get rid of them, not relocate them.”
“Ok, well then what’s your plan?” Bruce asks.
“Same plan, but we drop spider poison or something on them,” you say.
“I have a question,” Tony says, raising his hand. You roll your eyes and nod. “What were you and Rogers doing in the room before the spiders came pouring out of the vent?”
“I was fixing his AC,” you say. Tony raises an eyebrow.
“His AC was broken?” he snorts. “Might I ask who designed and built the unit?”
“Me,” you reply.
“Right,” Tony says. “(Y/N) ‘everything I make is perfect because I’m an engineer’ (Y/L/N). You’re telling me it was ‘broken?’”
“Steve broke it,” you answer.
“Doing what?” Tony asks, eyebrows raised suggestively.
“Calm down, Tony,” you say. “He tried to kill a spider with his shield.”
“That actually sounds exactly like something he would do,” Tony smirks.
“Okay,” Steve says. “Focus.”
“What’s your take on all this, Cap?” Tony asks. “Paralyze the spiders and dump them elsewhere? Kill all of them?”
“I’m with (Y/N) on this one,” Steve says. “I think we should just get rid of them.”
“All right,” you say. “Let’s do this.”
“Abort mission! Abort mission!”
“What?” you call out over the comms. “Nat, Clint, what’s going on?”
“There’s spiders in the vents!” Clint shouts.
“Get out of there right now!” Steve says. You don’t get a response; instead, you hear muffled bangs and muttered Russian curses.
And then you hear the gunshots.
“Is Nat trying to shoot the spiders?” you ask, biting back a laugh.
“You’re damn right I’m shooting the spiders,” Nat says. “I don’t-”
You feel something drop onto your shoulder. You crane your neck to see a giant spider on your shoulder.
“Steve,” you say, on the verge of panic. “Get it off me.” Steve turns to look at you, his eyes widen. Gingerly, with the edge of his shield, he knocks the spider to the ground and steps on it.
You look up and freeze. You poke Steve’s arm and direct his gaze upward. There’s holes in the vents from Nat’s bullets, and pouring out of them is the horde of spiders. Some of them begin to drop to the ground so that spiders are raining down around you.
“Run,” Steve says. He throws up his shield over the two of you, guiding you by the small of your back down the hallway and away from certain death.
“J.A.R.V.I.S., after we get out of here, seal all the doors and vents in this hallway,” you say. “As soon as everyone’s clear, ok?”
“Yes, of course,” J.A.R.V.I.S. replies. “Would you like me to activate the Pest Infestation Protocol?”
“There’s a Pest Infestation Protocol?”
“I can offer you the phone numbers of several well-reviewed exterminators.”
You reach the end of the hallway, but the door doesn’t slide open.
“J.A.R.V.I.S., open the door!” you shout.
“The countermeasures your requested are already in place,” J.A.R.V.I.S. replies. “It will take two minutes and-”
“Open this door next to me!” you shout, and the door slides open. You grab Steve and pull him inside. “Seal this door!”
The door closes just as you can see the spiders start to amass outside and when the door seals, you let out a sigh of relief.
“Earth’s mightiest heroes,” Steve deadpans. “Defeated by spiders.”
“In our defense, our enemies are usually a lot bigger and easier to deal with,” you laugh. “And I’m not scared of them.”
“So how long do you think we’re stuck here?” Steve asks and you look around. Suddenly, you realize that you’ve locked the two of you in a tiny closet.
“Shit,” you mutter, staring up at Steve. Your brain processes just how close the two of you are, and just how little space there is for any other arrangement, and practically short-circuits. You do your best to keep your cool and not focus on the butterflies running rampant in your stomach. “Tony’s gonna give me hell for this later.”
“What do you mean?” Steve asks.
“Everyone thinks we’re together,” you explain. “He’ll probably make nothing but 7 Minutes in Heaven jokes for the rest of the month.”
“They think we’re together?” Steve asks.
“There’s a betting pool for when we’re going to get together,” you say matter-of-factly.
“If,” you correct.
“So who wins if we get together right now?” Steve asks and you could almost swear that he moves closer to you.
“Tony, I think,” you say.
“That’s a shame,” Steve says.
“Normally, I hate for Tony to win anything,” Steve says. You process his words and let a small smile slide onto your face.
“But when else are we going to get this opportunity?” you smirk. “It’s not every day we get locked in a closet together.”
“I agree,” Steve says. The two of you have less than an inch of space between you as your hands slide up onto Steve’s shoulders.
“J.A.R.V.I.S.,” you call out softly.
“Tell Tony to call an exterminator,” you say. “I’m busy.”
I just started reading the newest run of Spider-Woman comics and oh my gosh I love Jessica.
ahhhhhhhh!!!! i’m so happy when people love jessica like i love jessica!! (well maybe not quite as i love jessica because then i’d have to fight them). but she’s so fabulous i hope you continue to read her series!
I found one of those little jumping spiders in my room yesterday, so I caught it in one of my empty mason jars and took it outside to release it. I couldn’t manage to shake it out though, and I didn’t want to hurt it, so I decided to just leave the mason jar on its side on the back deck overnight so the spider could leave on its own. Well, this morning I went to check on it, and the spider was still sitting in there.
I assumed this would all go something like “oh good, the human’s gone now, here’s my chance to escape” and it would scurry away a few minutes after I left, but instead the spider thought “oh gosh, the human has given me a gift! It is shiny and quiet and safe, and I shall make it my home”.
I came back outside a few minutes later to see it moving around, and I did finally manage to get it out and release it into the backyard though. Sorry little buddy, I needed my jar back!
Oh my gosh!!! I love your art style??!!! Its sorta has an old timey feel and i love how the colours contrast the skin And how it all looks creepy in a circus kind of way (some in a spindly spider sort way) And youre more coloured art has such a cool like flow(?) to it and it looks almost dreamy (i cant think of the right word) (But its great)
Aaahhhh omg this is so nice thank you???!!!! Thank you for your kind words aahhhh ;;;;;;;;;
CAN I HAVE A BLACKSTAIRS FIC WHERE EMMA SEES A SPIDER IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT AND SHE SCREAMS AND JULIAN RUNS IN AND SHES STANDING ON THE BED POINTING AT THE SPIDER BUT JULIAN IS SCARED OF SPIDERS TOO SO CRISTINA HAS TO KILL IT
YES OH MY GOSH THIS IS AMAZING HAHA I AM SO HERE FOR THIS
Julian jolted awake to the sound of Emma screaming his name. Silently cursing himself for not sharing a bed with her that night, he raced from his room to hers, bursting in to find her standing on her bed, Cortana blazing in her hand. “Jules, kill it. NOW!” She ground out, pointing to the floor. Julian was confused until he flicked the light on; a giant spider sat on the floor, unmoving, obviously the source of Emma’s distress.