SEVENTEEN AS DADS
- The “Cool” Dad
- always attempting to be your friend more than a father figure, attempts to get their child to spill the latest ‘gosp’
- “dad what the hell is gosp” “its teenage lingo for gossip, i keep up with you youngsters”
- cue eye rolling
- he’s incredibly chill about nearly everything and allows them to do whatevee they want, for the most part.
- the only restriction is that it can’t be illegal
- and if it is he told them to lie about who their father was.
- all their friends are jealous over how ‘cool’ of a dad their have, no matter how many times they tell them how uncool he truly is he has everyone tricked that he’s some super dad
- The Embarrassing Dad
- insists on making their kids lunch one time and puts an embarrassing “have a good day love you -Dad” in the bag without warning.
- all their friends cooed and haven’t let them live it down since.
- he’s the type to make embarrassingly bad dad jokes when talking to others and then looks over at their kid for a reaction
- a pitiful thumbs up and embarrassed smile is the best kind of reaction that he’s looking for
- constantly trying to talk to their kids friends when they’re over
- “why doesn’t that one friend come over anymore?” “because you broke out the baby pictures last time and i would rather not relive your hour ling stories about the past, and neither would she”
- The emotional dad
- constantly crying
- oh my god their kids have never seen a grown man cry so much in their lives
- always reminiscing about their kids past and getting emotional about how big they’ve gotten
- at every graduation that the child has lives through theres always friends that make comment about his screaming once you get on stage
- every picture you have to commemorate this moment has a very red eyed blotchy faced Seungkwan, their child always looks less than impressed.
- it’s nice to have a dad so passionate about their child but sometimes you just need someone that wont cry because you’ve made your first purchase with your own money that you made from your first job
- The Scrapbooking Dad
- always insisting on taking pictures
- it doesnt matter the occasion, it doesn’t matter how relevant any of it is, he wants a picture and he wants it now.
- his kids could make those “365 pictures throughout the year” collage videos you find on the internet dating back to their toddler years just from how many pictures Seokmin had taken.
- he has a bookcase full of scrapbooks hes made
- he takes the time to decorate them, with pretty stickers and dates each picture with a short description of each.
- its not just a picture book, its a life story showcasing every little insignificant thing that his kids have accomplished since birth.
- “dad, can we please take that picture of me on the potty off?” “no, its the first time you took a shit and i didn’t have to clean a diaper, it’s staying for memory sake”
- Over protective dad
- they cab only have a phone because he insists on using the find your friends app when his kids go out just to make sure that if anything happens he could always find their kid and help out
- if they’re one minute past curfew expect said phone to be blown up with questions about where they are.
- “you were suppose to be home at 10:00 its now 10:02, i checked traffic and it is light so there isnt any excuse”
- is protective and inforces his rules but isn’t terribly rude and would never actually punish his kids (he’s too soft, but ultimatey just wants the best for them)
- interogates any significant other that their child brings home, and as they protest in embarassment he simply says hes making sure to rule out any one not worthy of their time.
- always has their best interests in mind though they may not realize it until they’re much older
- probably has a bat near his bed so if needed he could protect them from anything and anyone who trys to hurt their kid
- The Charming Dad
- all their kids friends are completely endeared by him
- they’ve heard the word DILF to describe him one too many times that its starting to take some effect on their mental wellbeing
- he’s able to talk himself out of many things and their kids have had to sit by idly as they watched their dad talk up another worker to attempt to get some sort of discount
- probably has pictures of the family around the house solely to show off how attractive all of them are when guest comes over
- he’s ultimately very proud of how beautiful his family has come out, and wants the world to know about how absurdly beautiful they are compared to other families.
- its not opinion its Fact.
- Passive but Encouraging Dad
- not very good at showing how much they love their kids but try their very hardest without having to say directly that he loves them
- shows he cares by encouraging their dreams and never tries to hold them back from their dreams
- he may not be very involved in their kids lifes but when they come to him with something they claim to be passionate about he’s suddenly #1 dad.
- he’ll always be the first to encourage them to chase after whatever they want
- and even if they drop it after a couple weeks because it wasn’t exactly the right fit Jihoon will accept it and continue to support them through any other projects they wished to pursue.
- their kids know that he loves them through those kind of actions.
- The Expirmentive Dad
- always trying out new recipes for dinner
- his kids have started becoming wary after the his few failed attempts and know to prepare something to eat afterwards just incase his experiment doesnt work out in his favour
- never follows a reciepe
- “dad it said a tea spoon not a cup” “it’s better this way, just trust me.”
- it was not better this way.
- he tries his very hardest to make good dishes for his family and sometimes they actually turn out decent.
- and when they dont, no matter if mingyu himself knows it wasn’t the best, his kids say it was good while only eating a couple bites of it
- he’s grateful that they eat the prepared foods somewhere that hes not (sometimes he goes to their room and they share their snacks with him, but thats only when he’s failed terribly and hes gone desperate)
- The Involved dad
- Their child is apart of a school club? he’ll be apart of it just as much.
- “Do you guys want me to make snacks?” “Dad its not necessary-” “i’ll pack snacks.”
- always insists on going to parent teacher night to talk with each of their kids teacher one on one, he doesnt do it because he thinks his kids are miss behaving just solely for the opprotunity to be apart of their kids lifes just that much more
- was their kids soccer couch for most of their junior soccer days, but when their kids approached them about joining a different team he unwillingly allowed them to do so to allow them to be happy
- he still attenda each game and became the most embarrassing side line dad at the game
- “signs are necessary” chan ignores their kids as he pours another large amount of glitter onto the atrocious sign with his kids name and number on it.
- The Teasing Dad
- constantly making jokes about their kid, it mostly happens when they have friends over or when theyre at a family get together
- some how always managing to make their child the center of attention at the family dinners, each family member taking turns to tease his kid.
- he definitely does not attempt to stop it because he was the one that started it and seeing his kids get all embarrassed is kind of a highlight to being a father.
- Is probably always trying to get a hug or affection from their child especially when friends are around just to embarrass them that much more
- He doesn’t mind being rejected in front of all their friends when he goes in for a hug, because the embarrassed hiden smile that his kid has when they turn back to apologize to their friend is enough of a reward
- The Overly-Loving Father
- he’s wanted to be a dad since he was a child and now that he’s able to do so he doesnt waste any opprotunity to remind his kid about how much he loves them
- sometimes he shows his love in materialistic manners
- he buys they loads of gifts for every special occasion and still insists on making them do an easter chocolate egg hunt well into their teenage years
- he gets really creative when it comes to things like this so their child doesnt really mind, the chocolate is always a bonus
- is always trying to get family outings to be a thing and his favourite holiday is family day. Definitely family day because he can use it as an excuse to force his kids to spend time with him.
- The helpful dad
- the stereotype that dads are suppose to be good at physical labour such as fixing cars and doing sports falls short when it comes to wonwoo
- he couldn’t necessarily fix their car if they asked him to but he could help them ace their physics exam
- and if they didn’t wish to read a book that was assigned for english, he’s probably already read it front to back more than once and is more than willing to help them out
- he’s not too anal about good grades but encourages them to try their hardest
- they’ve probably had to sit through a small half hearted lecture about genuinely putting their best into things when Wonwoo feels like their grades are slipping
- The “I didn’t sign up for this” Dad
- never really meant to become a dad but it ??? sort of happened and he enjoys it he just was never ready to become one
- therefore he really doesn’t know what to do.
- during toddler years he’d make any excuse not to be alone with the baby for too long, too frighten that he’d mess it up so severly that he usually calls over his mom to help out
- he’s gotten better over the years but still doesn’t properly know how to dad
- tries more to be a friend than a dad
- whenever their child is in trouble, lets the other parent do the scolding and then retreats up to their childs bedroom with a bowl of icecream to try and make amends better.
-he’s sort of getting the hang of things but their kids highly doubt he ever fully will know what being a parent consists of.
- but thats okay, he’s trying his very best.