Hey since I’ve seen a lot of OFF cosplay, and most of the Zacharies haven’t seemed to know how to make a mask properly, so i decided to make a tutorial!! MAKE SURE YOU READ THE WHOLE THING, THERE MIGHT BE SOME PICTURES MISSING. PREPARE AT LEAST 20 DOLLARS/EUROS/ W/E FOR THIS! There will be leftovers so you can make the other mask as well!
- WHAT YOU’RE GOING TO NEED:
- A glue stick, different sizes on paintbrushes, scissors, pencil, a water cup
- rubber gloves, elastic web, black and white acrylic paint
- staples and sandpaper
- now this is hard to say, because i just found a piece of black plastic that i can see through. but you can also use sunglasses under the mask, or some black film, for example. improvise !
-this is a mass called Fim air light, i found it at a local handcrafts shop
-Big ass carton
YOU ALSO NEED HOT GLUE, AND SOME SOFT FABRIC !
Now that you have everything we can get started!!
- So first what you going to do is measure your face to know how big the mask has to be. Then you simply draw it on the carton.
- When you feel like its symmetrical enough, cut it out!
- NOW DRAW ANOTHER MASK ON THE CARTON, BY USING TO OLD ONE (AT THIS POINT YOU HAVE ALREADY CUT THE MOUTH AND EYE PART OFF. DO NOT CUT OFF THE TEETH!!)
- DRAW BOTH MOUTH AND EYE HOLES SMALLER ON THIS ONE!
- REPEAT, YOU’RE GOING TO NEED THREE PIECES OF CARTON MASKS
- LIKE THIS:
- It should look like this now!
- Now glue two carton pieces behind the mouth!!
- Make holes for the elastic web
- Now start putting on the mass! You’re going to need water to attach it, but not too much!
- Cover everything with a thin layer of mass, EXCEPT FOR THE MOUTH!
- Once you’ve done that, let the mask dry! And to get it some shape, put something to hold it still. (Im poor so i just used cups)
- Now you’re going to need sandpaper to hone the mask!
- Now paint the mask! First with white and bluhh you know
- Now make two pieces like this out of the mass:
- Then cover them with the fabric:
- And hot glue them at the spot your forehead and nose touches
- (I just glued and taped the black plastic)
- Measure the elastic web and secure them with two staples
- REMEMBER TO PAINT THE BLUSHES!
Aaaaaaand we’re done! wooo good job! thanks for sticking around!