Okay, reality check, Liz is in the trunk of this car, and she is dead. That is a sad, fucked-up thing, but you are gonna walk into that school and strut your shit down the hallway like everything is peachy fucking keen, get it?
hello everyone! i have decided to write this masterpost because to me this topic has always been quite important: expecially now in the summer, i find myself packed in books i have to read for school and/or that i want to read for personal culture, but the time, as always, seems to be never enough. Driven by the need of having social life, getting enough sleep, studying for next year’s school lectures and also read everything i want (and have to), i have managed to develop this method that allows me to do all my duties and still have enough time to read four books during a day. so here’s some steps that will defenitely help you findyour time to read!
1. Try to wake up early. Maybe this wasn’t what you wanted to hear but this is fundamental if you want to have more time. If you are not a morning person, i suggest downloading the app alarmy (android download // apple download). I use it since ages and it really works for me - how it works is that you take a pic of something before you go to sleep (for example i took a pic of the bathroom sink) and in the morning the alarm wont go off unless you take the exact same pic, so that you are literally forced to get up. (I have a few methods to wake myself up in th morning, if you’re interested I’ll make ar masterpost about this!)
2. Read as first thing in the morning This is actually quite interesting. Reading as first thing in the morning is incredibly beneficiant since it actually activates the brain cells and it makes you feel more awaken and productive since the very beginning of the day, expecially if you read something you deeply enjoy. I love waking up, washing my face and going back to bed to read half an hour or so The Art of Being Happy by Shopenhauer while i drink a glass of iced water. I truly reccomend you to try this because it really sets the tone of your day.
3. Read in between your study sessions. If you follow the pomodoro method you should be a step ahed in this point but even if you don’t, every day is the right day to start something new! The pomodoro method is basically a method in which you study for 25 minutes and then take a break of 5 minutes. I have modified this method to make it more suitable to my needs, and so i usually study for 35 mins and then i have an 10 minutes break; during this break i manage to read some pages, and it motivates me both to work harder during the session and to remain focused!
4. Read half an hour before lunch and dinner and half an hour later. it seems pretty dumb but it is not: before and after a meal are possibly the times in our day where we are most likely to be distracted by hunger or by lazyness; so instead of forcing ourselves on doing work that wont’t be productive, a better option would be to just stop and relax our minds by reading. By doing this, we will gain two hours out of our busy day to read without wasting any study time.
5. Listen to audiobooks!!!! I literally cannot stress enough how convenient audiobooks are. You can do anything else but still be reading! Another way to take advantage of audiobooks is by having the book under the eyes and just listen to the audiobook and follow in the book This lower by so freaking much the chances to get distracted, and it will make the reading more fluid and, fore some, interesting (Luckily, youtube is full of free audiobooks of almost any classic book you want to read so you won’t have to pay for audiobooks)
so, to conlude this masterpost, let’s do the math: We have 24 hours. Lets say we wake up at 6.30. We will read an hour and then we will start our day. We accomplish from 8 to 11 am 3 pomodoro study sessions with 24 mins of reading. Then we have half an hour before and half an hour after lunch. We manage to make 5 sessions form 2 to 7 pm, with 40 mins of reading. Another half an hour before dinner and half an hour after. If i’m not mistaken, we managed to read about 4 hours before evening, without stealing any time to the study and having the whole night ahed to go to sleep early, have social life or, most likely, continue to reading for another couple of hours
If you have read all the way to here, i am so thankful for your existence and for your patience, I truly do hope this masterpost will help you!!! If you have any suggestions or question or anything feel completely free to message me ≧◡≦
*throws naj cil drawing at tumblr*
Here have more of meh trash~
My friend kinda helped me with this, she really wanted to color it so I obliged. Cil’s hair was the funnest to draw, but a pain to color so that went well xD
“He was awesome in battle, and ever since I was a kit I had dreamed of being a fighter, so I kinda looked up to him, even though he’s younger than me. But, uh, Buddy wasn’t at all a buddy about it. I don’t know what his deal was, but he wouldn’t talk to me. He would even take a swing at me if I got too close or made a joke to lighten the mood. I figured it was just something about his past, but Kaera said he used to be incredibly timid before he evolved. I wonder what happened.”
“Oh dude, don’t worry about it now! I don’t blame you, you don’t even remember.”
youre all fucking ridiculous with this “oh no babys dont use an archaic hand sign for telephone anymore oh no now theyre pretending to use SMARTPHONES oh no what has the world come to” post like bitch shut! the fuck up i have NO patience for this shit lmao languages including hand signs evolve based on the environment and surroundings and im sick to DEATH of this everything needs to stay exactly how it was when i was a kid BULLSHIT