study methods masterlist
by type: visual, auditory, and read-write
Visual learning is accomplished by studying maps, charts, graphs, and diagrams, utilizing color and unique layout to display and study information.
- create a color-coding system for notes / highlighters / sticky notes
- annotate! annotate all the things
- make pretty (or not so pretty) mind maps
- study, use, and copy graphs / charts / diagrams etc.
- highlight text
- study with flash cards
- watch videos (probably not lecture ones, ones with voiceovers for diagrams and pictures)
- use a lot of color, even if all you have are a few broken crayons.
- outline information
Auditory learning is accomplished by hearing and speaking, using sound to process content.
- study with a friend, so you can hear and talk about the information.
- try to memorize information and repeat it out loud to yourself
- read out loud
- reinforce your goals by saying them out loud
- watch lecture videos
- also watch crash course with john green its legit
- have people quiz you by asking you questions and responding to them
- speak out loud as you write
- listen to instrumental music or background noise
It’s exactly what it sounds like. Reading and writing help you learn!
- use a bullet journal
- take notes and reread them
- make study guides
- rewrite notes
- copy tables and charts
- search for resources with high text content
- rephrase your readings
- switch visual information to sentences
- read books about your subject
- practice writing out the steps to a type of math problem