What are the main differences between an INFJ and an intj?
INFJ vs INTJ
Essentially, INTJs, from first glance, will be a lot more arrogant and sure of themselves. INFJs are not sure of themselves in general. They’re likely to be like, “oh no!! I’m sorry!! But you know what you can do is…”
Whereas INTJs will be like, “Well that’s your own fault for getting that started anyway. In the future, to avoid that sort of thing you should…” and of course, they’ll only say that if they feel like wasting their breath trying to help you. Or scold you.
Otherwise, the differences are like this:
- INTJs will be more interested in the world. Solving problems. Generally interested in politics, history, science–a subject that can actually be applied to everyday life and discussion.
- INFJs, on the other hand, are usually into subjects that they don’t know how to explain why they like them. They like pondering over things inside of their heads. It doesn’t matter to them if it has a “real world” application; it’s fun to think about so they like it.
- INTJs are more sarcastic, crass, and rude
- INFJs are more emotional, easily offended, and vindictive
- INTJs are problem solvers, excellent communicators when they want to be, and are confident
- INFJs are understanding, humanitarian, and soulful
I’m going to include another ‘appearance’ tidbit, but of course it’s just my own personal observation of behavioral patterns:
- INTJs are socially awkward. They’ll do things like cross their legs in a chair and pick at the soles of their shoes. They’ll repeatedly run their fingers through their hair when thinking hard. They’re oblivious, in short, to social norms. A lot of them look like they have a touch of autism because of this.
- INFJs are quiet, but less socially awkward. They may be clumsy and get into awkward situations, but they are generally aware of how to act around people. They’ll be unnoticeable if they want to be, or the center of attention if they want to be. It’s up to them. But generally, conversation with them is lighthearted until they really get to liking you.
- INTJs are confrontational. Say something they don’t agree with and they’ll start arguing about it.
- INFJs are quiet observers. Say something they don’t agree with and they’ll ask you why you think what you think first, and argue with you second. When they argue with you, also, it’s less intense and usually ends with, “I see your point, and it’s ok if we don’t agree.” (unless it’s a FIGHT, but that changes everything)
- INTJs explode and then quickly shut down in fights. Fights are fairly common since they’re capable of being so abrasive
- INFJs explode but take a longer time to simmer down in fights, since fights with INFJs are so rare; a lot of held-in emotions from a long period of time rush to the surface and they can’t force them back down again