ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! Pre-orders for Under The Covers Volume II will go live TOMORROW, October 11! The first music video from the album will be out on Thursday, and you’ll get a new music video each Thursday (three total) until the album drops on Friday October 27! We love this album & can’t wait for you to hear it!!!
Pen Dips - A Daily Writing Schedule for the Month of October (A.K.A. An Alternative to Inktober Because You Don’t Want to Draw Every Day)
Write at least a 300-word response to the designated suggestion every day. Post your responses on Tumblr! Share with the community; encourage productivity for this lovely month! Choose different characters, or make your own in the process of it. Enjoy, fellow authors!
1) Choose a character. What do they smell like? (If you do not fulfill the 300-word count, add another character in!)
2) Choose a location, be it fictional or real, from your own imagination or from another’s. Wait until you are hungry. Then, describe the most stereotypical yet high-quality meal that place could possibly provide.
3) Prompt: your character is now a vengeful wraith.
4) Change the genre of your current story, or a story that you are currently reading/watching. Make it as humorous as possible.
5) How does your character walk? What do their footsteps sound like?
6) You are forced to clasp onto your character’s hands. The reason why is a scenario for you to figure out. What do their hands feel like?
7) The most important location in your world has just been destroyed. What happens?
8) Begin your story with this sentence: “It wasn’t my fault.”
9) Your character is humorously upset over something entirely unimportant. What is it, and how do others react? How out-of-hand does the situation become?
10) Begin your story with this sentence: “Spit that out.”
11) Capture a moment of utter peace in the autumn afternoon.
12) Your character has been handed a child that looks nothing like them, but everyone insists that it is their child.
13) A child wanders into a pumpkin field and meets a peculiar fellow. What happens?
14) Your character has become bound to an enchanted forest by a witch. They cannot leave. What happens?
15) Your character’s soul has been bound to a cat via a curse. What happens?
16) Your character has just obtained the one thing that they’ve always wanted. What changes?
17) Your character has just become a tyrannical dictator of your story. What happens?
18) Create an original vampiric character. They can be any race, gender, religion, fantasy creature, vegetational entity, etc. Introduce them as you would in a beginning of a story.
19) A werewolf is running rabid in a lone town. What happens?
20) Begin your story with this sentence: “I can’t feel my legs.”
21) Prompt: There are stairs. An endless, winding well of stairs, going up and up and up. And I can’t get out.
22) A witch has granted your character a single potion of their choosing. What will they choose?
23) Prompt: a baking disaster involving autumn foods.
24) Prompt: There is something hidden below that massive pile of leaves.
25) Prompt: It is not water falling out of those clouds.
26) Choose a character. What feature of theirs do they express the most emotion through? The eyes? The hands? The lips?
27) Your character’s form begins to flake away, like dead leaves off of a tree. What is happening?
28) A small black cat is now under the ownership of your main character. Write this encounter through the cat’s point of view.
29) Hot, pumpkin-flavored tea can make others feel a bit hotter than they’re wont to be. Write a romance scene involving pumpkin-flavored beverages.
30) The entire landscape of your main town has been transformed. In what way? How do the characters react?
31) Your main villain is given a single candy. They do not know who it is from. What happens?