After many revisions and tweaking, I finally got Helena’s drums in the middle section sounding halfway cool - hooray for plugins and Elysia outboard gear! I ran the violin through a Boss OC-2 octave pedal, in case you’re wondering why it sounds unviolinish.. one of those Craigslist purchases where everyone leaves happy.
This easier pedal i’ve made and my first time using strip board. this is a Dwarfcraft Devices Robot Devil. I still need to connect the “Starve” control but other than that everything looks like it’s working. it’s basically a distortion and octave down in parallel with each other. the distortion uses the same IC as The Great Distortion, and the switch changes from one octave down to Two octaves down. I am also going to add a master output volume because the out voltage on this is really high.