Mackerel Onigiri Chazuke from Shokugeki no Souma
An older Shokugeki no Souma recipe that I’ve always wanted to make. Made this with @hungryleow, who provided the tea. A light yet delicious meal!
Ingredients (for 2 people)
- 1 mackerel fillet
- Lots of olive oil
- Salted Kelp Tea
- Rice (1 cup)
- Leaves and seaweed for garnish
- 1. Cook rice in rice cooker.
- 2. Pat mackerel dry and sprinkle with salt to cure for at least 20 minutes. (I cured it specially from a few days before - removing moisture makes the fish crispier and meatier)
- 3. Heat some oil in a pan.
- 4. Cut mackerel into smaller pieces (I thought this might make the mackerel less messy)
- 5. Poele the mackerel until crispy!
- 6. Make the onigiri by shaping it around the fish with cling wrap like this:
- 7. Boil water and make the salted kelp tea
- 8. Garnish and serve in a bowl with the kelp tea
- 9. Enjoy!