Do you hear the people sing?
Singing the song of angry men?
It is the song of the people
Who will not be slaves again
“Armies cannot stop an idea whose time has come.”
A photoset of recent protests, some of which are still in progress.
1) London, England - Million Mask March, November 05th 2014
2) Ferguson, Missouri - Protests over the murder of Mike Brown, an unarmed black youth, by police. August-October 2014 (The Brown family have taken their case to the grand jury in Geneva, Switzerland and are awaiting a verdict.)
3) Belgium - 100,000 march against government austerity measures (protests ongoing.)
4) Mexico - the Mexican people march to demand answers for the 43 student teachers who went missing on 26th September and have not been seen since. It is believed that corrupt police officers handed the men over to one of Mexico’s many criminal gangs and that they were killed. (Protests ongoing.)
5) France - protests in France over police brutality after the murder of 21 year old activist Remi Fraisse during a protest against the building of a controversial dam (Protests ongoing.)
6) Hong Kong - protest for reform of democracy (Protests ongoing.)