Cavolo Nero and Chilli Pasta
- 60 g pasta, uncooked
- 3 leaves of cavolo nero (black kale)
- 40 g frozen peas
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 20 g chopped white onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp hot chilli powder
- ¼ tsp dried rosemary
- Start boiling the pasta in salted water according to the packet instructions. I like my pasta al dente so I usually time about 7 mins and go from there.
- Wash the kale and cut off the stems. I had about 30 g of kale after doing this. Finely chop the leaves and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the onions. Fry until soft, then add the garlic and cook for another minute, before adding the chopped cavolo nero, peas, sea salt, chilli powder and rosemary. Then continue to stir for another couple of mins while the kale cooks.
- Drain the pasta and toss with the kale, then top with nutritional yeast.
Notes: so there’s a food coop at my uni and I ordered a veg box from them last week and it turned up with a lovely pile of kale inside! So of course, I had to make kale pasta :)
300 calories (not including nooch)