Happy Tuesday! Today I’m going go back to something basic that we ALL do. Today’s #NutritionTalkTuesday topic is EATING. I know that sounds silly, but when you eat and how you eat can play a major role in weight loss or weight gain. Studies show that “Mindful Eating” (focusing on eating only) has many benefits that include lifespan and digestion. Think about your last meal, were you at your desk? Looking at your phone? Or eating out a bag? Distracted eating can lead to eating too fast, which can reduce how long we feel full after a meal.
HOW TO EAT MINDFULLY
1. Eat at a table, not at your desk or in front of a tv. Don’t look at your phone or computer. Eat alone or over conversation
2. Eat from a plate/or food prep container. Not from a package or bag
3. Put your eating utensil down in between bites
4. Chew your food 25 times
5. Eat with your non-dominant hand
BENEFITS OF MINDFUL EATING
1. Increased attention span
2. Helps regulate binge eating & emotional eating
3. Increased Satiety (feeling fuller longer)
4. Increased digestion & absorption
5. Increased immune function
6. Reduces indigestion
Try these practices at your next meal, see how much longer it takes you to eat. Note if you feel fuller sooner with a meal you can usually finish. I know these things seem minor but they can go a long way! Thank you for reading and if you have any comments or questions please leave them below!
do you have a diet that helps with gaining muscle, losing fat, and is easy to stick with ?