Honey & Pistachio Scones
Makes 8 scones
1 ½ cups all-purpose gluten free flour*
1 ¼ tsp baking powder
¼ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
8 tsp (40g) vegan butter*
8 tsp raw honey
½ cup unsweetened nut milk, macadamia*
½ tbsp apple cider vinegar
¼ cup shelled pistachios
Honey, to drizzle
1. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl, and whisk until most of the clumps are gone and it is fully combined.
2. In a small cup, combine nut milk and apple cider vinegar, and let sit.
3. Melt the butter to remove clumps.
4. Make a well in the dry mix, and pour in the milk & vinegar mix, butter, and raw honey.
5. Combine everything, stirring until smooth.
6. Toss in pistachios, and stir again until evenly distributed.
7. Bake at 400 F for 15 minutes, or until baked all the way through.
8. Allow scones to cool, then cut into eight triangles.
* I used Bob’s Red Mill all-purpose gluten free flour, but you can use your favourite brand, it just may not turn out the same.
* I used Earth Balance soy margarine/butter, but you can use your favourite brand, just know that the weight (g) may differ, as well as the taste and final result of the scones.
* I used macadamia nut milk, but you can use your favourite plant based milk. I would recommend using a thicker one, such as soy or cashew, as macadamia nut milk is quite creamy. You could also substitute buttermilk, if you consume dairy, just remove the vinegar, as the milk and vinegar mixture is what substitutes the buttermilk.