Today is Saturday which means tomorrow is Sunday which means the weekend is already almost over :c
1. I read Romans 8 this morning and it was so wonderful to immerse myself in the Word. I, admittedly, haven’t put enough time into being quiet and still in His presence. But He is so good and giving when I finally do sit down and pray.
2. This is my little set up on my window. Thought y'all might like seeing it. :^) on the lights that strong across the window, ive hung the notes and cards that people write me. Hand written messages are the best thing ever!!
3. I got my new running shoes in the mail!!!!!!!
4. /5. I ran 4 miles to break in the new shoes. I don’t know if it was my sore legs, the high pollen levels, or the newness of my shoes, but it felt heavy and slow running those 4 miles. It’s okay though- ya win some ya lose some, right? 😊
6. I made vegan mac and cheese and topped green beans and baby spinach with a big ol scoop of the mac and cheese. It was so good and I’m so so so so glad I’ve been experimenting with non animal products to make old comfort foods. :^)
7. /8. I made it to work today and honestly, I had an awful shift. I’m sitting with a patient who is really difficult, and for the first few hours I was so pissed. The patient has been readmitted multiple times and being a sitter for them is just really hard. They’re extremely demanding and require a lot of care. They’re also autistic and cognitively handicapped (read: they were born with cognitive impairments, AND are autistic in addition to that). Anyway– i just wanted to share because even the best of us get really frustrated with the nature of our work. I love what I do, but I’m human, and get really irritated by patients who can’t always help their behavior or life situations. But still there is grace- for me, for my patients, for everyone. It’s ok to admit that today you just really couldn’t handle that difficult person. Just don’t let it significantly impact how you care for them.