Futuristic detective series about a human and alien detectives.
Longtime (and probably shorttime) readers of this blog know that when faced with a scenario, there’s like a 10% chance I will actually come up with something, a 70% chance of gifs, and a 20% chance of something.¹ Today: something else.
There is a lovely series by Jasper Fforde called the Nursery Crime series and among it’s many quirks, it has a side character named Ashley, who is an alien serving as a detective on the police force. Ashley’s species speaks binary² and aliens came to earth to find out why there wasn’t a third season of Fawlty Towers. The aliens in the books do not get nearly enough spotlight. On the other hand, the first book is about solving the murder of Humpty Dumpty³ so there are other things to keep your attention.
¹Statistics made up on the spot but probably have some truth maybe I don’t have the time to go calculate statistics of all previous asks
²01101100 01101001 01101011 01100101 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101000 01101001 00100000 01111001 00100111 01100001 01101100 01101100
³Chrome’s spellcheck would like to change this to “Humphrey Dumpy”