When Renegade Knights gather in great number they are
compelled to swear grim oaths to the Dark Gods. In a twisted
parody of their former nobility, they vow to complete mighty
tasks on pain of death and dishonour. Such deeds may include
the burning of a cardinal world or other great place of faith, the
hunting of some feted Imperial hero, or the wholesale butchery
of a star system whose defenders have offended the Dark Gods
with their resistance. Once they have set themselves to such an
Infernal Quest, Renegade Knights will not relent until either
they emerge victorious, or they are slain to the last.
How would you rank all seven BtVS big bads from favorite to least favorite?!
Well, is Big Bad number 6 The Trio or Dark!Willow? As usual, no ones knows!
1. Angelus. He’s hands down my favorite. He’s such an effective villain. He’s close to Buffy, represents a great part of the show: vampires as a metaphor, he’s fun and compelling.
2. The Master. Unpopular, I know, but the guy is so dramatic and campy. I love him! I love his voice. He’s dangerous too, despite being so hilarious.
3. Dark!Willow. She’s not my favorite Big Bad in terms of story. Like, I love Villains but Grave is kind of lame. However, Dark!Willow is so cool and fun. She also belongs. She’s part of our Willow so she matters. I love it when Willow goes dark.
4. The Mayor. I’ve always lacked a personal connection to him. I feel very detached from him because he’s not a big part of the story. He’s mostly connected to Faith who was barely connected to the Scoobies as it was. I think the Mayor is entertaining and played by a great actor who could be both funny and terrifying, but he doesn’t feel like a part of the story. Unlike Dark!Willow or Angelus who are rooted in the show through the bonds Angel and Willow share with everyone, the Mayor is very much apart from everything else. I even think The Master works so much better because he was Buffy’s first foe and he’s so quintessentially Buffy season 1.
5. The First. A lot of potential, no follow through. It had some good scenes but The First was never really good at being evil.
6. Glory. Another fan favorite that I don’t love. Glory is pretty damn annoying, and campy in a bad way.
7. Adam. He’s just so useless? Glory was effective, the First delivered some huge blows, but Adam had so little impact and so much screen time? He’s pretty terrible.
29. Gay rights?
30. Second chances?
31. Long distance relationships?
33. The death penalty?
34. Marijuana ?
36. Believe in ghost?
37. Shower facing the shower head or turned away from it?
38. Sleep with the door opened or closed?
39. Love someone?
40. Still watch cartoons?
41. Have a boyfriend/girlfriend?
42. Like yourself?
Send some numbers for me to answer ooc! Perfect for people who like to write angst or horror.
Do you prefer writing angst threads over fluff threads?
2) Do you like horror plots? 3) What is your favorite thing about writing dark plots? 4) Are there any angsty subjects you won’t write about? 5) What is the darkest or scariest plot you’ve ever written? 6) Do you have or would you consider having a monster muse? 7) What do you prefer, supernatural horror or psychological horror? 8) Have you ever been in a horror fandom? 9) Do you like supernatural plots? 10) Which one of your characters would be the most dangerous if challenged? 11) Has your character ever committed a violent crime? 12) Do you have a go-to angst partner? 13) Do you get scared easily? 14) What do you think is scarier, watching a horror movie or reading a chilling story? 15) Are there any horror or angst tropes you really can’t stand? 16) If you have multiple muses, which one has the most disturbed past? 17) What is the most disturbing aspect of your muse’s storyline? 18) What’s your favorite negative quality about your character? 19) Do you have a favorite dark/angsty RP you’ve done in the past? 20) Do you like writing violent roleplays? 21) Do you get inspiration from dark or dramatic sources in media, like books and movies? 22) Does your character get angry often? 23) Would you consider your character to be evil? 24) What is the most wicked thing you could imagine your character doing? 25) For disturbed characters, does your muse have any redeeming qualities?
⇢ summary: according to the rumours, min yoongi is a bad apple- doesn’t take grades seriously, drinks as if he has two livers, a certified bad boy™. when you get paired up with him for a project, you’d never expect that someone like him would have a thing or two to teach you about life itself- and how it should be lived.
⇢ warnings: angst, smut
🎵 song recommendation: something just like this by coldplay x the chainsmokers
a/n: finally something that isn’t pwp????? :”)
races through your veins and fills up your airway, causing your breathing to
double itself, chest heaving in an attempt to calm yourself down. No, this can’t be happening, you chant
to yourself over and over. The clock on your laptop is glaringly bright in the
near darkness of your room, and the numbers burn themselves into the back of
your eyelids. When you close your eyes, the uncomfortable stinging of your
contact lenses makes your eyes water and at this point they might as well be
tears of desperation.
not like you’ve never had writer’s block before, you reason with yourself. You
just have to start writing and edit along the way. Your own voice of reason is
drowned out by the anxiety that echoes all the possible consequences of not
acing this paper. It’s nearly 4 am and the essay you have so far in front of
you is not enough to get an A, you know it in your bones but you can’t come up
with anything better either. You could just submit this as it is, but anything
less than an A on this paper would pull you down from the cusp of that ever
elusive first class honours. And you can’t afford to graduate with anything
less than that. The very thought of it sends a fresh chill of panic that creeps
down your spine and jolts your fingers into a typing frenzy, spilling thoughts
and ideas onto your screen till you reach the end of the page.
when you read over what you’ve written, it doesn’t make sense at all, just
incoherent rambling sentences strung together into a never ending paragraph. In
frustration you shove your laptop away from you and push back your chair, reaching
for your keys and phone. Sneaking a peek at your roommate’s still form across
the room, you let yourself out of the room silently, feeling your tensed
shoulders relax immediately as the cool night air embraces you with open arms.
a little chilly to be out in just a long shirt and sleep shorts, but since
there’s no one awake to catch you dressed like this, it’s the least of your
concerns for now. The balcony that is attached to your room affords a little
privacy, and it’s one of the perks of occupying the corner room on this floor.
The tranquillity of the cold, autumn night directly contrasts with the millions
of theories and concepts running through your mind, and any attempts at
clearing your mind are failing pathetically. The residential halls are eerily
silent at this time of the night, and as you glance down over the protective
railings, you consider how easy it would be to just climb over, just one leg
over and then-
night?” You whirl around at the interruption of a raspy, gruff voice sounding
from behind you. Your eyes are met with a figure clothed in an oversized
sweatshirt and jeans, but it’s only when you squint in the darkness to survey
his face that you realise who he is.
I honestly feel sad for Lyndsey… It isn’t easy to overcome those ‘dark places’ or fight your demons or find the right way to express your feelings and dark thoughts. And honestly I’m so, so, SO proud of her for finding the strength to transform those feels and dark thoughts into pieces of art. I just want Lynn, Alex, Brian and Justin to be happy. I just love them so much and I’m so hyped for the new album WOOOOOO!!
Could he have had a royal scepter/orb too? One that could control any ghost that looks at it and was so dangerous to ghost-kind the ancients banished it to a different dimension instead of locking it up?
‘Cause I mean
that’s a pretty powerful artifact Freakshow is using to populate his circus
Never forget that Obi-Wan was gonna send Cody to pick up the Jedi younglings in the Youngling Arc. We could have have Cody, Ahsoka, and Jedi youngling adventures. We could have had Hondo meeting Cody and being all, “I like your scar. Very dashing. Makes you look most dangerous.” We could have had Cody character development. Think about that.
I have an idea for the next Disney movie. It’s about a young Chinese princess who falls in love with an enchanted talking suit of armor. Are all of the supporting characters talking cats and a tiny, sassy panda? Why yes, yes they are. Do the talking cats have multiple musical numbers? Um…duh. Is the villain a dark sorcerer who uses his wicked alchemic arts to disguise himself as a tall, handsome prince to trick the young princess into thinking she might really be in love with him, even though he’s actually a two-foot-tall blond gremlin? Seems likely. In the end, does the princess find a way to break the spell and turn the armor back into a real boy? Well, it is a Disney movie.
Hate being a shill. Cause I’m all for reading scans of comics online. But I would like to provide a little lesson on comics for those not in the know. Comics are probably the shakiest form of entertainment media. Movies video games, music all mainstream sorts of properties expect to push numbers in the millions. Remember a few years back when Square Enix said the tomb raider reboot under preformed when selling “only” 5 million copies in the opening weeks?
Comics are another story entirely. I’m using numbers from last December, but know that they’re pretty standard. The top selling issue last December was Justice League: Suicide Squad at 179,000 issues sold. The rest of the top ten sellers average about 100,000 with # 10 selling 85,000. When we get down to #100 in the top sellers list, we’ve fallen t0 27,000. And below the top one hundred sellers, issues take a nose dive with #200 selling just 8,000 copies. More people will see a movie in the theater in my city in one day then pick up that comic.
And here’s the thing. Of those top 100, sellers, over a third of them were number #1 issues. It’s a sad truth in comics, that the highest selling issue will almost always be the first of a series. After that, it is a guaranteed loss. A series will sell progressively less and less issues as time goes on. You know the saying? Two things in life are certian, death and taxes. Well a third could be comics sell less and less as they go.
Now, Last Airbender, seems do have done well for itself. But I would like to stress how vital it is that the people who are interested in a comic, go out to read it. Fans of the Legend of Korra we know what it’s like to be screwed by the executive’s and studios. If dark horse see’s the numbers of the Korra comics dip, or not meet their expectations, they may not hesitate to end the series. The folks in charge, aren’t dumb. Sites like tumblr show the following of any given IP, and they will expect to get a reasonably large following for this series.
So please. I beg of thee fans! Do not, wait for the scans of the pages to appear on the internet. If you are able, buy the series when it comes out. If you are unable to because of money reasons, try to spread the awareness for the series. Do what you can. Show the moneyed powers that we care and that this series will be loved with a fanbase devoted enough to make it worth their while to keep the series alive for years to come. I made a post about this awhile ago, but it is a dream of mine to ten years from now look on my bookshelf and see five or more omnibus’s of the Legend of Korra. I’m thirsty for that dork and her engineer and friends and I know thousands of others are too. So to be cheesy, YOU HAVE THE POWER. KEEP KORRA GOING!!!