How are you doing? I love your hcs about the s/o with prosthetic limbs. And I was wondering if you could do the same for Hanzo, Reaper, Sombra and Widowmaker! (I'm a different anon)
No worries and yes!
- Hanzo had asked you the spring before you lost your limbs if you would marry him. The two of you had been rather excited-you had already made the plans for the following fall, a dress picked out and everything.
- But then that summer the accident happened and the wedding had to be put on hold
- To Hanzo, it didn’t matter how long you waited before the wedding as long as you would be okay.
- He tried as hard as he could to show you that despite your physical changes, his feelings had not changed.
- But for you, this was a loss. You didn’t feel like there was any way that he could truly want to marry you now that you were like this. After all, Hanzo showed a slight aversion or Omnics…and now you were only half human.
- As you struggled to get used to your prosthetic limbs, you distanced yourself from Hanzo. It was like you were preparing for the worst, for him to call everything off.
- And yet…you’d never felt more alone in your life. There was no one that could comfort you, and no one that you wanted more then him.
- One day he was sick of playing the avoidance game. Hanzo had stormed up the steps of your house, shoved open the door…only to find you crying on the stairs. One of your prosthetic feet had fallen off and you were so tired, just tired of being this person and tired of pretending it didn’t matter and tired of feeling broken, physically and mentally.
- After a moment of silence, Hanzo had slowly gone and crouched in front of you, picking up your prosthetic foot.
- “Do not cry, beloved. Your tears make my heart ache,” Hanzo had said quietly, gently re-attaching your foot.
- Looking away, you’d found it hard to face him after your behavior. “I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, for all of this. For treating you like that and for…for pushing you away and becoming this burden…” you whispered.
- Hanzo had scowled instantly and picked you up like the bride you were, carrying you to the couch to sit with him.
- “Beloved, a burden is a load that is heavy or difficult to bear. You are a gift i cherish every moment, and even with these prosthetic limbs, you are my only delight in this world,” Hanzo said gravely, ever the serious one.
- Sniffling, you wondered if he really meant that.
- “Now, no more avoiding me. We have a wedding to plan, y/n, and the sooner the better. I tire of living in a separate home from you,” he said seriously.
- With half sob half laugh, the two of you sat there, snuggled for the first time in awhile, planned out the remaining details of your wedding as you realized there was no chance of him backing out.
- Despite having become Reaper, your relationship had survived when he had died and changed. Although you didn’t agree with his choices, you couldn’t leave him as you loved him more then anything
- So when the accident occurred and you ended up having to have your limbs amputated… You grew silent. Cut yourself off, despite getting prosthetic limbs.
- The event had traumatized you a bit, to be honest, and you felt like a monster for how you looked.
- Reaper, despite having to lead Talon, was with you most of the time. He didn’t mean to but his worry came out as anger, especially when the doctors said they’d be amputating your limbs
- This was just another sign to you that Reaper would not love you, not want you, when the deed was said and done. You thought he’d finally throw you out like trash.
- Honestly though, few things scared a man like him, but your silence did.
- One day he was sitting next to you, and after a moment you felt a cold hand touch your shoulder gently. In the corner of your eye you saw that Reaper had removed his glove and was watching you seriously.
- “Y/n..” he rasped. “I’m begging you. Please talk. Say anything. Please.”
- Turning your face away slowly, you took a shuddering breath. “You should probably go,” you whispered. “You don’t want me like this. I’ll only hold you back.”
- Reaper leapt to his feet, hands moving to make you look at him. Lifting away his mask, he stared at you in shock and anger and sadness.
- “Don’t ever say such a thing. I don’t care about your prosthetic limbs, y/n. I care about you,” he said seriously.
- “But how can you want me when I’m like this?” you challenged, tears stinging your eyes. How could you cry before a man who felt so little emotion half the time?
- Shaking his head, Reaper moved to sit on the edge of the bed. His expression was open, full of remorse and love and protectiveness. “You don’t understand. y/n, your the only person who makes me feel alive, the only person who makes my heart beat. Prosthetics or no, that isn’t going to change.”
- For a moment you could only stare, before you let out a soft noise and were surrounded in his arms again, as he held you protectively. You wondered if that was true, but that was more expression you’d seen on his face in a very long time.
- Reaper helped you grow more comfortable with your limbs, and killed anyone who dared to comment on them.
- She fell in love with you after the accident that led to you getting prosthetics
- You’ve had prosthetic limbs now for almost a year and have grown quite used to them. The only thing that bothered you was you never felt pretty with them. People seemed to avoid you, other then those you already knew
- So when Sombra ended up facing you time and time again during missions, even when they were failures, she couldn’t help growing to admire you and even formed a bit of a crush
- It sucked because Widowmaker made fun of her for liking you, but Sombra got fed up with it at one point and totally broke Widowmakers sniper.
- That is how Sombra ended up coming to you and Overwatch, seeking protection. Protection of course was her being in a isolated room with bars.
- Lucky for her, you ended up being her guard and Sombra couldn’t stop herself from flirting with you from day one. Half the time you wondered if she was joking, but Sombra was funny and kind of cute when she was maniacal.
- One day you two were sitting back to back in the room, as at this point you trusted her. The two of you were playing gold fish, and she’d just won.
- “Hey chica, want to make the next round interesting?” Sombra said with a wink. “Winner gets a kiss!” That way Sombra could get one no matter what
- With a roll of your eyes, you started shuffling the deck. “You shouldn’t joke about stuff like that. You’ll make me think i have a shot,” you said, half bitter and then blinked when you realized what you said. You had a bit of a crush on her too, but you didn’t think she’d go for it.
- “Of course you do. I’m not kidding.I’ll throw myself into your arms now if you want,” Sombra purred, glancing over her shoulder at you. It made you incredulous. Was she kidding?
- “But why…?” You asked with a frown, turning to look at her.
- “Because for one, your smoking hot. No joke,” Sombra said, twirling a purple strand around her finger as she looked at the wall across from her. “And for another…i admire your strength. I wish i was as strong as you. You don’t let your limbs stop you and you continue living life like its nothing.”
- After a moment she turned and smiled almost shyly at you. You’d never really thought of it that way before.
- Sombra really was kind of cute, you decided, and thought maybe it would work out…maybe she did like you. So, against the better judgement of your superiors, you ended up freeing Sombra and dating her all within the same day. Now you both have a very complicated life when it comes to work, but at the end of the day you know she’ll always be your girl
- For her its a bit more complicated
- At the beginning of your relationship, it really wasn’t about love. Widowmaker hadn’t really felt emotion in a long time, so more or less you were a bit of a plaything, a fling
- But slowly, the more time you two spent together, she felt herself slowly growing attached
- In a scary way, it was like her emotions had returned to her, but dulled down.
- So that moment when after two years of your odd relationship you ended up in an accident, Widowmaker was stunned by the overwhelming sense of panic and worry that consumed her at the thought that she might have lost you.
- Amelie had joined you in the hospital and sat with you while you went through a series of tests and procedures. All the while she managed to keep her composure.
- When you woke up to find your limbs amputated and replaced by prosthetics, you thought it was the end. You knew how your relationship had started. Widowmaker had loved pretty things to amuse her. But now…you weren’t even that.
- So when you saw Widowmaker walk in, holding a tray of coffee and a beignet, you turned away. She was probably here to just cut it off. You didn’t realize she’d been sitting with you for eight whole days, worrying over you.
- “You’re awake,” she had said slowly.
- “Yes. Don’t worry, i can imagine what your going to say. It was fun while it lasted, right?” you whispered, not looking at her.
- For a moment, she had not responded..before stalking over and grabbing your limb. Lifting it, Widowmaker had stared at you and in turn, you were shocked to see angry tears in your eyes.
- “‘It was fun while it lasted’? Are you joking?” She snarled, her french accent thicker then usual. “Ma Cherie, i was so worried! How dare you, after i spent eight days worrying endlessly in the hospital with you, try and dismiss me like this. I have been so scared! How could you be so foolish?”
- For a moment you gawked, because honestly her tears were more shocking then the prosthetic limbs you’d woken up with.
- “B-but…but you…don’t like ugly things…” you said, not understanding.
- “There is nothing ugly i can see in this room, ma cherie, and certainly not you! I do not care if you have prosthetic limbs or real ones, because it is the you who has captured my heart, not your body,” Widowmaker said, breathing hard. For a moment the two of you could only stare at each other, before Widowmaker pressed the most gentle of kisses to your lips.
- “I am not leaving,” she says quietly, as if to reaffirm that. “I am not leaving now, nor will i ever. My dove, you have ensnared me in your web. I will never be able to leave, as I love you too much now.”
- It stunned you, to hear that from her. All this time you wondered if she had ever grown to care for you at all. To know that she loved you…that you had brought life back into the dead heart of widowmaker…it was astonishing.
- “I…I love you too,” you whispered, holding onto her as though without her, your heart might break.