You’re allowed to be annoyed at certain kinds of “supporters”.
You don’t have to be grateful for “support” that makes you uncomfortable.
This applies to:
- the overly curious “supporters”. The ones who constantly ask you about things that are not their business. (”You’re bi? How many boys did you fuck? How many girls? Ever had a threesome? I bet you had a threesome, tell me all about it!”). You deserve better than to be reduced to your sexual history.
- the super straight “allies”. The ones who constantly need to remind you they’re straight. (”You’re gay? As a straight person, i’m cool with that. I’m a straight gay supporter. But don’t think i’m gay, i just support you, but like as a straight friend, so don’t hit on me, okay? I’m not gay myself, so i don’t want to date you, okay? I’m just a straight supporter.”) You deserve better than to be treated as a predator who hits on everyone.
- the “allies” in theory. The ones who totally support you…. in theory.. ( “I totally support the lgbt+ community!… What, she uses he/him now? That’s ridiculous. And why would she want to go into the mens bathroom, that’s just creepy.”) You deserve better than empty words.
- the “straight best friend”. Typically straight girls who see gay boys as a cool fashion accessory. (”You’re gay? Soooo cute! I have a gay best friend now! Hey, everyone, look at my gay best friend, isn’t he cute?”) You deserve better than to be to be collected and shown off like a exotic pet.
- the tokenizer. The ones who use you as proof of how inclusive they are or act as if they’re special for treating you with a basic level of respect. (”I’m not transphobic, one of my friends is trans!”, “I even called you “she” in front of others today, i mean, who would do that? You’re lucky you have a friend like me.”) You deserve better than to be used to make someone else look like a good person.
You’re not a “snowflake” for not wanting to be treated as a second-class human being.
You’re not “greedy” for demanding genuine support respect.
So I found some photos from before I came out a couple of years ago and I’ve realised how stupidly far I would go to make myself look more visually appealing? Like I would always use a black and white filter and crank up the exposure to hide my acne and never smile or do anything other than look completely blank and a bit scary, actually.
and now I’m just like
I’m guessing that when I finally started to get comfortable with myself I just stopped giving a shit.
also I’ll try answer asks tonight (I have SO MANY what the he ck)
ALSO. I have a bandcamp now. I only put one song on there but that’s just until I finish my EP. I’d appreciate it if y’all would check it out, it’s like the slowest song from the EP but still, pls and thank.
I just want to say your Hanzo is the most beautiful of all, I swear.
hey!!!! thank you so much this means a whole lot to me?? im still not sure about how i draw him sometimes so this always is so so nice to hear :’)) please have!! this hanzo i drew to get back into art i hope you like it!!!