After an incredible spring break excursion to Calgary, Alberta (airbnb’s are so interesting, wow) my friends and I spent a day regrouping and looking ahead to the final 7 weeks of the semester. Then I kicked it with a stack of film theory books I borrowed for an essay I have coming up!
Typically, at the beginning of the month I look through all of my syllabi and map out major assignments and required events. Then I look at the event and guest lecturer schedules to see what other cool things I can make it to.
**if you haven’t picked up The Art of Living Other People’s Lives, I recommend it. It’s light, but also thoughtful and funny and generous. I’ve been using it as a palette cleanser in between film theory!
hello fellow studyblrs, i’ve made an undated calendar printable- it was a random decision really. it’s been a while since i made printables. if you have anything that you’d like me to make into a printable do say so in my inbox!
hello! 你好! こんにちは! here’s my first post!!! i don’t entirely know how to use tumblr so.. here’s a picture of my bullet journal, mildliner collection and peach hand cream! i haven’t started on my bullet journal yet though so i’ll post my first page soon! ٩꒰ಂ❛ ▿❛ಂ꒱۶♡
BULLET JOURNAL ♡ muji dotted a5 notebook!
MILDLINERS ♡ 4 packs of 5 each!
HAND CREAM ♡ tony moly peach hand cream!
meanwhile, i’m still figuring out how people have 838,929,999 notes on their pictures while i’ll probably only have 1.. ( ° ▽ ° ;)
have a lovely day! i’ll do a self-introduction post soon when i have the time! 🐝
INTP: Dude, live a little. Stop hiding in your numbers and facts no one cares about. Also fewer details. But still, your brain is the coolest thing. Brainstorming with you is one of the most fun activities I can spend time doing. Who the heck cares if we didn’t end up making that Role Playing system, it was fun discussing theoretical mechanics of magic for 3 hours.
ENTP: Duuuuuuuude. You either SUCK as the looseriest looser of all losers or you are a ton of nerdy, chill, sociable fun. 10/10
ENTJ: Where are you? Probably somewhere more successful than me. From the one or two I’ve observed you look super cool and successful and put together. Well done gentlemen
INTJ: CALM DOWN. You don’t have to hide in a dark room just because there are people outside! Though, when you aren’t hiding from others, you are like, the best person to conquer the world with. Fun, Intelligent, and oh so delightfully logical.
INFP: Man you are fun. Like, there is not a single type that makes me giggle with silly glee more. Also, the only type to have a relationship with based on memes. Most excellent.
ENFP: Eww. Stop being so happy. The world is not great and people suck and just stop having so much optimism. Idk why I just have a hate for you. Nothing personal.
ISFJ: Ummmmm. You are nice and sweet? But pretty boring? So yay you? Also can be hella passive and manipulative, so boo you
ESFJ: Oh my god. Just stop. I don’t care if Timmy’s brother’s mom’s said that you were failing her. You aren’t and you are great and you try too hard for too many people. Super sweet but you try way to hard.
ESTJ: You are pretty sweet and GETTING STUFF DONE and it blows my mind but no to relax I would not like to chat about my goals and current objectives.
ISTJ: You are a human calendar/reminder/notebook thingies with one or two shy quirks. Please be happier and don’t freak out when people don’t write out lists for you.
ESFP: You are tons of goofy fun in short doses, then I just get angry with how stupid you are.
ESTP: Bruh. You are like the sexier more active version of me. I dig it.
ISFP: You have such a simple beautiful view of life. I’m not good at communicating in colors but it’s actually kinda nice even if I can’t rationalize it. Also, you like animals more than people so that’s.. yay?
ISTP: I wanna be you. You are cooler, sexier, smarter, everything that I have the potential to be but no drive for. Rock on Mr backflip genius doctor sexy man!
ENFJ: Honey… please calm down. It’s okay you aren’t dating anyone and it’s okay you aren’t making a difference. You are pouring yourself into like 20 people and super chill and high-class hipster.
INFJ: I just wanna keep you safe and let you do your silly change/save the world thing while I keep all the bad things away from you. You are too pure for the world.
Are you not getting anything done? Struggling with planning your life or do you just want a helping hand in the right direction? There’s an app for that! All mentioned apps are available for both iOS and andriod devices if nothing else is said.
Forest - an app where you plant a tree that will die if you leave the app - great for staying away from the phone! Although, it cost 0.99 for iPhone users.
Pomotodo - a timer set for 25 minutes of work, then a five minute break. It tracks your activity so you can see what you are spending time on which is really nice!
MyHomework - keeps track of all your assignments, classes and due dates!
Coffitivity - basically different coffe shop sounds, perfect when studying!
8tracks - make your own playlists or listen to other peoples nice playlists!
Relax melodies - exactly what it sounds like: relaxing melodies for studying or sleeping (because sleep is important)
Noizio - 15 different sounds (like coffeehouse and wawes) that you can mix togheter to cerate the perfect background sound! [thank you @quartherinesuniverse!!]
Calendars and to do-lists
Sunrise calendar - a simple, neat mobile calendar that does its job.
Planner - colour coded and gorgeous calendar + notebook + to do-list!
Todoist - a really powerful to do-list app!! You can plan ahead and set repetitive events, and it connects to other apps like google drive and sunrise calendar!
Solcalendar - a really nice calendar and to do-list! Also, you can add stickers to your schedule but it’s only available on Android phones.
Any.do - simple and minimalistic to do-list maker! pretty similar to todoist.
Evernote - in this app you can make notebooks, organize articles and make to-do list for example, one of my favourites!
Google Keep - I love this app! It’s like small digital post it-notes right in your pocket!
OneNote - pretty similar to evernote, like a virtual notebook!
Mindly - the perefct app if you like to make mind maps, really nice interface too.
Any tips for how to integrate your tl in ur daily life? Besides changing ur phone to that language and listening to music
Hi! Yes, here’s some of the stuff I do on a regular basis:
- Watch / read / listen to the news in your target language: For most languages, you can find lots of news articles, podcasts and videos on the internet. Many newspapers have online versions you can read for free, and some provide simple texts for kids or learners of the language. Also look for news apps on Google Play or the App Store (most of these have widgets, which means that you’ll read a few lines in your target language whenever you unlock your phone). You will also learn words and phrases for talking about politics, society, economics, sports and so on!
- Keep your calendar / notebook / diary / journal in your target language: This will teach you to talk about your daily activities and maybe even your personal goals and plans, opinions and feelings. It will feel weird at the beginning and you might get frustrated because you don’t know all the words, but you’ll get used to it eventually. If you don’t want to worry about making mistakes, use cheap paper and make a mess - that’s better than not writing in the language at all. Keep in mind that all those notes are just for you anyway and nobody else needs to see them!
- Do research in your target language: We all google random stuff every now and then; just do that in your target language. Moreover, you can do research on topics you’re interested in and stuff you care about. If you’re looking for tutorials, recipes or other how-to’s, also try a search in a different language! Remember to write down useful words and phrases.
- Follow (famous) native speakers on social media: The more native speakers you follow, the more posts, tweets etc. in your target language will regularly show up on the social media sites you use every day. Politicians and celebrities are usually very easy to find, but you can also discover new bloggers or artists.
- When waiting, learn some new words: Use apps like Anki, Memrise or Duolingo or bring paper flashcards to study on the go. You don’t have to spend every free second on language learning, but if you miss the bus or one of your friends is late you’ll be glad that you didn’t waste any time waiting!
This is all I could think of for now… If anyone else has additional tips and ideas, feel free to add them.