There's one more chapter of bleach left and I've been so confident ichihime will be canon all this time, but now there's one chapter left I'm so nervous and doubtful all of a sudden 😩😩 It's now or never and that makes me feel so stressed
did i write this cos honestly me???
i’ve always been 100% on ichihime, not even like “there’s a chance we’ll not get any pairings made canon” like most IH shippers are. i’ve never believed that kubo would have an open ending, i was SURE ichihime was definitely going to be canon but right now there’s only 1 chapter to go and it’s just ?? too much ?? because like you said it’s now or never which is so stressful to think about and obviously doubts are going to hit you at this stage
but i still feel so confident because of so many things like
- bleach ending at chapter 685 means that the very last few chapters kubo was developing ichihime. he knew when bleach was going to end before we did, and right at the end he was focusing on ichihime oh my god ?? ichigo acknowledging her powers and asking for her help as part of the final battle… kubo deciding to focus on an ichihime tag team a few weeks from the end of bleach… LITERALLY THE LAST TEN CHAPTERS OF A 15 YEAR MANGA WHICH HAS HUNDREDS OF UNANSWERED QUESTIONS AND LOOSE PLOT THREADS, KUBO WAS WRITING MOMENTS LIKE THIS AND THIS AND THIS OH MY GODSFHN
- also renruki moment right at the very end ?? in the final 3 chapters ??
- the opposing ships are looking very lacking right now (tbh they always have but knowing there’s only 1 chapter left really puts things into perspective)
- in recent weeks, with the end in sight and kubo rumoured to have already handed in all the remaining chapters of bleach, WSJ did the “memories of the soul” character profiles, and the editors who put this together no doubt knew the endgame pairings and wrote orihime as ichigo’s love interest and rukia as ichigo’s eternal nakama (along with renji)
- kubo has literally been writing the story of ichigo and orihime since chapter fucking two. he has been slowly, painstakingly developing their relationship, and not at any point has he ever dropped it. he’s been working on this for fifteen fucking years. even before that actually - he’s had ichihime planned since the prototype! he’s been working and planning on this all the way since then i’m so emo
For the first time i feel like there’s a chance bleach won’t have any canon pairings. there’s only one chapter left, and there really isn’t enough time to address everything, so it feels like we’re being overly optimistic in thinking he’s going to take the time to make ichihime canon when there’s still so much else to do. but at the same time ?? he’s been heavily focusing on ichihime right at the very end when there was so much left to do. he knew there were x amount of chapters left yet he made the decision to not focus on the hundreds of questions that needed answering, to not give us all the bankai we were expecting, not give us the flashbacks and backstories he probably had planned. he decided to write ichihime instead. and it’s something he’s been building on for years so the question is, would he drop it now after all these years because of time constraints? considering how long he’s been building up to it and how he found the time to give ichihime additional development right at the end, it doesn’t seem likely. so i’m still sure ichihime will be canon