There is such a cloud over the chairman’s leadership.
Adam Schiff of California, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee, told NPR’s Steve Inskeep on Morning Edition. Schiff has called for a supplemental independent investigation to go forward.
When I am most wearied by love, I am convinced that I am nothing without it. That’s when my mother’s words creep into my ears and dive off my lips. She once said, ‘When you were a fish, I swallowed the ocean so that you could breathe. When you were a bird, I emptied the fiercest winds from my lungs so that you could fly. And when you grew into a woman finally, I stood in awe of the way you carried yourself without needing me. Without needing anyone.’
Melody Rokor-Highwind, dearly beloved wife of Echo.
A scientific and well learned girl, she was a perfect match for her spouse. She is soft spoken, and careful in her movements, but considers a large portion of the people she knows as friends.
On her own, she had researched many different types of beetles and insects. During her early adulthood she made significant advances in her research in these insects and their properties in potions and dyes.
She was tragically killed during the swarming season of a species of particularly aggressive beetles. The only remains of her were her glasses, clothes, and her signature pink bandana.
Spent the past few hours making spreadsheets of comparisons between graduate programs. After reading some of grad school guide book I mentioned earlier, I got interested in keeping better track of things. But funnily enough there’s only a handful of schools I’m even looking at because I don’t really want to move again (so the spreadsheet isn’t super necessary)… Which sets me back by a lot compared to everyone else in the country because most people apply to a lot of schools and only get into one or a few (or none!) and I’m literally only planning on applying to a few because there’s only a few near me. Idk, I guess we could move again, I just really don’t want to…
Anyway, that book got me feeling scared and behind and very amateur and naive and making these spreadsheets was meant to help but it just made me realize how completely unprepared I really am.
Meanwhile, I’ve been watching a ton of Felicity this evening. Watching it again has been fun and it’s fulfilling some desire I had to surround myself with both academic inspiration (although, let’s be honest it’s almost like they don’t even go to school because they’re always just socializing in that show) and inspiration about being independent in a big city and striking out on your own, which I’ve been trying to encourage in myself lately.
Does anyone know of any good shows or movies that have a similar vibe? How about grad school comparison advice or spreadsheet templates? :)
Hahah I feel like this post is a perfect example of how I am both adult and child, at constant odds with myself, and unable to move forward in my life because I’m neither mature or immature enough for anything consistent to work out! :S
Why does life suck so much? It’s bad enough that he was getting bullied, and forced to take it, but now his bullies’ girlfriend was his lab partner. Nick could not hate his life more. He made every effort not to look at her. “Okay so we need to pour some water into a beaker. Apparently it’s going make a rainbow from a pen mark.”
I have arrived in heaven and it’s snowing outside and I couldn’t be happier!!!! If you are ever in NYC make sure to stop by Housing Works Bookstore and Cafe because it’s magnificent and I never wanna leave
- SHIP WHORE: May it be platonic, romantic or hate ship, I’m definitely up for it. I want realistic relationships for my muses–people who challenge their beliefs and character–and it doesn’t just limit to romance. Specifically, I like ships that contribute to my muse’s character development and my partner’s muse’s development, too.
- PLOT WHORE: I have a lot of plots I want to write (you can see all them in my RP goals tag.) I’m very flexible with them, however, I do have some limits. If an idea makes me feel comfortable, I’d let you know, though. From canon plots down to anime-based plots and the likes. I’d be down with Werewolf / Vampire, Biblical, Apocalypse, Supernatural, you name it, and etc.
- ANGST WHORE: I love angst. I’m a sucker for it. I live for it. It could be cute angst, dark angst, adventurous angst, or anything mixed with angst. I love to make my muses suffer and throw them into compromising situations. It’s a key to development.
- DEVELOPMENT WHORE: I’m very okay with pre-established relationships and fast-paced relationships, however, I want development to come with it. I want something to change for my muses; I want them to grow. They’re my babies, and as the mun, I want them to mature and change for the better . . . or worse.
- THREAD WHORE: One thread is never enough for me. If I have one thread with you, chances are, I’ll want more. (May it be with the same pair of muses, or another set of muses.) I believe that it just doesn’t take one event/encounter to make our muse’s relationships and characters flourish. IC asks are also included in the thread. I tend to send asks related to the event/encounter of our characters
- ASK / MEMES WHORE: Once I get comfortable with you OOC, I tend to send a lot of them. Although sometimes, I’m very hesitant to send them, lest I’d annoy you. If it irritates you, though, please let me know.