I don’t like that some TV shows are queer baiting (Rizzles) and I’m just sitting here watching these scenes go down and I’m just screaming “Dammit, if you’re not gonna continue the sail of the ship, stop with the gay storyline teasing or you know ease up, it’s annoying asf and enjoyable at the same time like WTH!!!“
And yes I have trouble seeing the difference between subtext and queer baiting, sorry okay…I’m not good at words and also I am merely human. But Supercorp…that is the topic I am interested in at this moment
Whatever you do, don’t think about how close Norma and Alex got to spending their first (and only) Christmas together. Don’t think about Norma cooking him a ridiculously oversized dinner that it would take him all day to finish. Don’t think about her buying him a wedding ring as a present. Don’t think about him spoiling her rotten and filling her retro house with modern, electrical gifts that she would initially hate but would grow to love just because he had bought them for her.
Just. Don’t. Think. About. It.
Do you ever just think how Norma Louise Bates was probably the only thing Alexander Romero ever allowed himself to love ever since the suicide of his mother and it makes you just want to light yourself on fire because he lost her too?
the bates motel has been good so far abt some stuff but im on season 3 and so far the list of characters who are people of color is Really Fucking Gross. you have:
1. asian woman who is a victim of sex trafficking
2. asian man who i THINK was a guard at the pot fields???
3. black man who is running for sheriff
4. black woman who is a dea agent
now the asian woman:
1. barely spoke english
2. barely had any lines
3. barely had any SCENES
4. got murdered offscreen
the asian man:
1. barely had any lines or scenes
2. only lived long enough to get one of our White Dude Leads in the drug trade, hand him a stack of 5000 dollars(a loan so the dude could get an apartment), and then
3. was shot and died literally as soon as the money left his hand
the black dude:
1. was someone you were supposed to hate
2. tried to intimidate the current sheriff(a white guy named alex)
3. was a stereotype(not a specifically black stereotype, but most other characters arent written as flatly as his was. he was the stereotypical “guy comes to a small town and tries to snatch this dude’s job cuz he thinks itll be easy”)
4. barely had any lines or scenes
5. was killed by the sheriff and his body was used toSend A Message to another white dude
and the dea agent, i dont rly know much abt her, her characterization, how her story will progress, cuz this was the episode she was introduced in, BUT:
1. im pretty dang sure youre Supposed to dislike her for turnin up the heat on alex, even tho HES a VERY FUCKIN DIRTY COP
i have for sure enjoyed some parts of watching bates motel w/ my mom the past couple of days, its been good, but it is. far from perfect. deeply flawed and racist, i would even go so far as to say!