The mods honestly thought we would only get around 40 applicants, but you guys exceeded our expectations with 63! Even more so, we increase our capped to include more artists because of all the talent in the League of Legends community.
Here are our contributors, be sure to check them out!
Best Drarry art blogs?????? (Both NSFW and not) And best general HP art ones??? I'm in serious need of new ones to follow, of new backgrounds for my phone haha Thanks! Xx
Oh boy, like 90% of what I follow is artists, but I’m also very sure I’m going to forget or not know about artists, so buckle up for everyone I’m aware of that’s active on tumblr! Also, anyone else is more than welcome to chime in!
And, because I’m me, so I have to talk about fests at least once per post, can I also offer @hd-fanart, an art fest where you’re bound to find artists! Erised also has a bunch of tumblr artists that I’m blanking on, I know I’m blanking on them, I’m failing you and I’m sorry ahhh!
Even with a list this long, I’ve no doubt I’ve forgotten someone (and I’m totally stressed out over it), so please please pipe up or self rec!!
(also, anon, a tiny note that it’s proper etiquette to always ask the artist if it’s ok to use their art for something like your phone background first! be polite and don’t steal/repost art! /psa)
I’m Back with a new caption. Requests haven’t been pouring in yet so i figured id just try and get back at it with well anything so here we go. Makoto Niijima from Persona 5 Please enjoy. I’m not sure who the artist is all credit for the image goes to them.
to other mentally ill artists who are obsessed with getting better
- Finished Pieces TM are NOT the only works that matter. That half-lined sketch is good. That page of nothing but shapes and doodles is progress. If you’re doing whatever it is that you CAN do that day, you’re doing well
- take. BREAKS. as often as you need to. stop when you gotta. if you try to dig into tomorrow’s spoons to finish something, trust me, you’re going to hate yourself and whatever you’re working on later
- if you really want to, you CAN draw (or paint, or sculpt, or craft etc.) every day
- everything counts. everything. can’t draw for more than 20 minutes today? you drew. less than 5? you drew. take a pencil and draw three different circles on a sticky note. you drew. lay out your arm and trace whatever comes to mind with you finger. everything counts.
- if you drew SOMETHING today, you gained more experience than someone who did not
- draw whatever you want
- reward yourself for it
- don’t get so wrapped up in something that you forget to eat, drink water or sleep please. if you can’t make yourself care about what it does to your body, remember it WILL affect your productivity, which will lead to Bad Times, again, trust me
- you are SOMEONE’S art goals
- your art is good
- “this person doesn’t know me or my art, how do they know it’s good-” shh. doesn’t matter. its good
It was getting too long, I had to cut it, I’ll make 2 more parts on the Art tips!!
Have a super good day!! Hope it helps~~
*** Flipping your canvas on traditional media: Look at your painting in the mirror, or turn your paper and put it against a light, to see the reverse image or take a pic of your drawing with your phone, and in the pic editor, just flip it~~