what are some things you wished had happened on the show before lexa died? i don't mean just clexa moments, but like, developments for her as a character
i have so many
- Lexa interacting with her people and how that plays out in times of peace? I would have loved to see her go down into the marketplace, or even just sit on her throne and listen as her people came to her with issues, complaints and disputes
- more depth regarding the spiritual role of the commander–I would have liked to see her during a ceremony or a holiday or celebration or something? fulfilling some sort of role? (Well we got a TINY BIT with the wanheda ceremony and ascension day but it should’ve been more)
- Lexa teaching Clarke about grounder culture, lore, and legends.
- Or teaching her nightbloods and Clarke sitting in.
- Lexa and her handmaidens! I feel like the Handmaidens were alluded to multiple times but we didn’t see them.
- And I wanna see them bathing her but that’s just fanservice for me,,,
- Lexa flashbacks! I wanna know what the fuck they alluded to with her and Queen Nia??? Roan implied that Nia wasn’t the only one in the wrong but the show just dropped it after that line? What comparable shit did Lexa do? Also I wanted to know more about Costiaaaa
- also her family? either flashback or meeting them in person.
- Lexa Going To War in like. a Real War vs. the ice nation, and I wanted to see her in a Real Battle, not CoL garbage.
- Also Wounded Lexa. like a serious wound but she survives it.
- LAUGHING i wanted to see her laughing for real?
- Honestly just Lexa establishing a legacy of peace for her people and being remembered for it; being able to create a cooperative society for all of the grounder groups
- An episode opening with her and Clarke in bed together in the morning, like I’ve seen Thousands of Times for straight ppl
- Speaking of Clarke their entire s3 arc about forgiveness and falling in love again should have been stretched out over the entire season
- And personally I think Lexa’s whole head vs heart arc should’ve stretched out longer into season 3 as well; she’s had a lifetime of being taught that love is weakness…. and then pretty much all the development regarding that happened offscreen in the three month gap? no. I want more.
- More scenes blurring Lexa & The commander
- We got some scenes of her being Vulnerable when she was in Heda mode in s2 but I want more
- BUT ALSO LIKE
- Lexa with her hair loose, in her nightgown/pajamas kicking ass? pinning an assassin down and holding a knife to his throat?
- Or an attack on Polis happening while she’s sleeping and she doesn’t have time to change, just charging out of the room in her pajamas snarling orders at people. Sitting in her throne with her hair loose, wearing a tank top in shorts or The Nightgown™ holding a sword across a lap or a dagger in her hand interrogating one of the other leaders or strategizing
- Lexa with her hair in one loose braid draped over her shoulder. just cuz she’d look pretty.
- LEXA DURING WINTER - all draped in furs and cloaks with snow glittering in her hair
- Lexa in the Polis Tower Library
- Lexa hunting
- Lexa eating tbh
- fffff Lexa deserved to say “I love you” to Clarke. Her entire arc was about love being weakness and then love being strength; for her to not even be allowed to say “I love you” to Clarke, to verbalize that, was really disappointing and pretty glaringly obvious considering what a huge part in her character arc that was? Like not only do I think she deserved to say it for the sake of their relationship because I love Clexa, but she deserved to say it simply for herself and her own development as well.
- I wish she had been thrown from power as the commander, survived, and have to go on a campaign to regain her throne; learning how to navigate the world in order to get shit done when she doesn’t have Incredible Authority Over Everyone and An Army At Her Back.
i’m sure i’ll think of more but that will do for now