• Victor and Yuuri arrive at the museum to immediately grab champagne, say Kampai!, clink their glasses together and start drinking
Victor: A Grand Prix Final museum?
Yuuri: It looks so interesting. Brings back memories too. So much happened then…
Victor: (to the listener) Oh, hello, you must be a Yuuri fan!
Yuuri: Eh? Wouldn’t they be… a… Victor fan?
Victor: (all flirty) Will you come and join us?
Victor: Ahahaha, sorry, Yuuri is saying he wants it to be just the two of us…
Yuuri: (panicking) Gimme another drink!!
• Upon seeing photos of himself in the Eros and Agape costumes, Victor reminisces about the Onsen on Ice event, and asks Yuuri why he chose the Eros costume. Yuuri, who is now a little drunk, explains that it’s the costume Victor wore the first time Yuuri saw him. He goes a bit fanboy, talking about how enthralled he was and how he thought, “there was absolutely no other choice. Having that costume, it was like a dream…”
• At that point, Victor asks Yuuri how many drinks he’s had. Yuuri answers, a bit slurred and in a Kyushu accent, that it is only his third
• …Yuuri gets even drunker and goes full on fanboy upon seeing, “A VICTOR AREA FULL OF ONLY VICTOR! ♡♡♡”
• Yuuri exclaims that he’s a GIANT Victor fan
• Yuuri asks the listener what they love about Victor, and then yells that he loves Victor even more than that, proceeding to brag about how he skated such a perfect copy of the Stammi Vicino performance to show just how much he loves Victor
• Yuuri yells about how Victor is “super eros” and shows off his “Victor Otaku Collection” with pride
• Yuuri: (shouting) VICTOR IS AMAAAAAAZING!!!
• Yuuri corrects Victor when he misidentifies one of his own costumes.
Victor: Ahh, how nostalgic, that’s my first senior skate…
Yuuri: No! That’s wrong! This was your gold medal win at the Juniors, come on! Even now, I can remember how amazing it was to watch!
• Yuuri has reached the point where he’s pretty much wasted…
Yuuri: I know everything about Victor, okay?! I love Victor so much! I even got a poodle because Victor had a poodle, and I named him Victor! Vicchan… Vicchan, I’m sorry (starts crying)
• Yuuri sees the giant Makkachin plush at the museum and cries even harder.
Yuuri: Vicchan, you’ve gotten so big… Vicchan… Vicchaaaan!!
Victor: Yuuri, that’s just a Makkachin statue…
Yuuri: I know that!
Victor: Yuuri, everyone is looking…
Yuuri: LET THEM LOOK!
• Yuuri calms down a little once they get to the Kiss & Cry, and mutters, “kiss, cry… cry, cry… kiss… kiiiiiisssss…”
(Someone please stop allowing Yuuri to drink so much in public)
• Victor talks about how sitting in the Kiss & Cry feels so much different as a coach than as a skater. He also says that the moment he saw Yuuri’s quad flip in the Finals was when he felt inspired to skate again, against Yuuri as a competitor
• Yuuri asks Victor if it is okay for him to eat katsudon now, and Victor says that of course they can have katsudon
• Guide ends with Victor and Yuuri thanking the listener and everyone who has supported their skating, because they would not be where they were without the fans…
I love how Jon repeats what Damian said to him in the second panel. Even though he bickers with him and they fight a lot, Jon does listen to what Damian says and takes his words to heart. I love that about their relationship. They act like they don’t get along but in the end, there is this kind of grudging respect between the two of them. It’s great and I honestly can’t wait for them to become real friends.
I sometimes like to imagine Vader meeting Leia on the Tantive IV and wondering why in the hell she seems so familiar. He’s heard of her, sure, but since Vader is not always directly involved in politics he’s never seen her before and she’s just so young. But it’s not just that, there’s something else…
I think it also bothers Vader that she is completely unbothered by him. Vader is probably used to getting the upper hand on people purely based on his appearance - especially when you consider his suit, his height, and his modulated voice - but Leia is completely unfazed. She openly defies him, she lies to his face, and she’s smug about it, too. And yet, despite all the setbacks and confusion, Vader cannot for the life of him put a finger on why she bothers him so much.
Maybe it’s the way she talks to him, or her lack of fear, or maybe it’s the youthful veracity that tinges her every dissentful remark.
Once Leia escapes the Death Star, though, Vader finds himself preoccupied with the origins of another - a certain Luke Skywalker. Not only is he the pilot credited with destroying the superweapon, but he bears the same name as him, as well as the same tutor: Obi Wan.
Vader thinks nothing of Leia, at least not until his confrontation with Luke on the second Death Star. Luke’s origins are almost a no-brainer. Once he learns of the rebel’s surname, it’s only a matter of time before he confirms that the boy was his… but there was no mention of a sister. After all, Leia was an Organa - he always knew that. Regardless of whether he followed galactic politics or not, Bail Organa had been a contemporary of Padmé’s, and royals have kids all the time, right? There was no reason for him, or anyone else for that matter, to think otherwise. But suddenly, Leia makes sense to him now.
She looks like Padmé. She has her eyes, her hair, her same penchant for politics - but she’s not actually like her at all. She looks like her mother, yes, but she takes after him. She is as passionate and personable as Padmé, but she is fueled by the same fearless ferocity as Anakin. He sees Padmé, but all Vader can sense is himself - but a better self, an old self he left behind long, long ago. And in his son, he sees his older visage - the same youthful face framed by blonde hair, those bright blue eyes - but he senses Padmé. Luke has her kindness, her compassion, and her unending patience when it comes to others and seeing the good in them. Leia is tempestuous and argumentative, and just as impatient with the galaxy as Anakin was with the Jedi Council.
She has Padmé’s eyes, yes, but she is also every bit of Anakin, yet a far better version of himself than he could ever possibly be.
A Spirited Away AU @sumyna (check out her TeruMob one!) and i have been thinking about… I’ve been calling it “The Lost Brothers and the Twin Dragons”. More about it + bigger picture of the brothers under the cut!
hi ! i was wondering if you had any tips on how to draw poses and hands better? the hands in your art always look so nice hhhhh
Poses: use posemaniacs or quickposes,
do 1 min gesture drawings daily, do 10-5 min studies. Use dynamic
pose refs (like dancing, fighting, etc.) Make sure you know where the line of the spine, shoulders and hips are placed! If you can identify that on a ref, it’s easier to start! Here are some 1 min drawings I did just now:
They don’t have to be overly detailed! But analyse them and find out what you need to improve!
Hands: you can do the same with this
page. Look up hand tutorials, do style studies. Hands are tough, but
hands can be stylised very widely- maybe a more stylised comic-hands
tutorial makes you understand a hand better in the beginning?
What I’ve learned about hands (which
changed how I view them) is that the fingers/knuckles are not placed on a
straight line (sketch page bc what are words):
not v accurate rn but I hope it helps with visualising 💕