more british accent neil?? pretty please?? and the team and andrew losing their shit over it??????
Hi, doll! So, I’ve got a longer thing written (less points, more fic) about Andrew discovering Neil’s accent quirk that I might post if enough people are interested. But for now, I headcanon Neil as having a South East British accent (though I also LOVE the idea of Welsh Hatfords). So here’s the Great British Discovery.
- Andrew hears it for the first time on a sleepy morning in Columbia.
- They are curled toward each other in bed without touching. Andrew is awake and staring at how the light slanting through the window sets Neil’s hair on fire. Because he can look for a moment when no one will catch him at it. Neil does not stir when he wakes. He stills for just a moment before inhaling and exhaling on a tired hum. His eyes are still closed so Andrew watches while Neil stretches, his lean body taunt as he sleepily rubs his eyes.
- Then. He mumbles out the smallest, “Mornin’ ‘Drew”.
- The vowels are long and slow and lilting and definitely not Neil’s normal light, Arizona drawl.
- Without really thinking about it, Andrew demands, “Say that again.”
- “Hmm?” “Again.” “Mornin’ ‘Drew?”
- The long vowels stayed. Andrew scrambled to think of a way to keep Neil talking. Though one couldn’t really tell by looking.
- And he did. They talked all morning. All the while, Neil spoke with a softly lilting British accent.