11 Facts About Me
Tagged… most recently (AAAAAGES AGO, I’m sorry I forgot) by @ladyalisette and I’m pretty sure that wasn’t the only one to tag me, so… here goes!
1) I used to be really afraid of spiders… until the day a lecture (I forget which, might have been animal physiology) involved having a real live tarantula on your hand and it was so fuzzy. Now I’m afraid of spiders in a specific size range. Huge is fine, tiny is fine hereabouts, but somewhere between that is pure nope.
2) I learned to wiggle my ears separately(…ish) yeeears ago because a character on a show I liked could do it.
3) It takes a lot to really viscerally squick me out, but of all the things, the thought of loose teeth makes me seriously queasy.
4) I’m ridiculously sensitive to bitter tastes - even bitter chocolate is too much for me.
5) A few years ago, I started taking piano lessons from our neighbor, but never got anywhere because studying for school ate my time. I’ve forgotten just about everything, but I’m still ridiculously proud of the fact that I managed to cram part of Davy Jones’ Theme into my head somewhat tolerably on my own (and consequently forgot it because holy fuck it’s been more than five years why.)
6) The way my mother tells it, my first and middle name would’ve been the other way around, but I was such a huge baby they felt giving me something that meant “gazelle” as a first name didn’t fit.
7) I share both blood group (B positive) and zodiac sign (Leo) with Tatsuya “*flicks lighter*” Suou… and in a Persona 2-themed mafia-spinoff forum game my role was the Sun Arcana. (I’m taller than him, though.)
8) I meow back at cats… sometimes even while I’m in the middle of talking to a family member.
9) Towards the end of… I guess high school equivalent, I started trying to learn to write with my left hand so I could still take exams if I hurt my right hand.
10) The first nightmare I remember having was playing water polo against Voldemort. He wanted to murder me because I won, IIRC.
11) I enjoy cooking when I’ve got the time (and preferably someone else around to pressgang into helping), but I am so so bad at actually taking a reasonable amount of time for it. (This may or may not be affected by the fact that lab has skewed my idea of what “just a short wait” is.)