I just saw Power Rangers and it’s awesome! Here’s a few reasons why you should go see it, too:
• it’s reaaally funny • diverse cast
• epic female villain
• lots of easter eggs • every power ranger has their own story
• the queer character’s struggles are relatable, what you get to see could be considered a small step but definitely in the right direction • all women in this movie have realistic body types, they look strong and healthy
we finally got a super hero movie with one of the most diverse casts ever AND EVERYONE IS LETTING IT FLOP.
OH LOOK: A SUPER HERO MOVIE WITH • INDIAN SUPERHERO
• CHINESE SUPERHERO
• LATINA SUPERHERO
• HANDICAPPED SUPERHERO
• AUTISTIC AND AFRICAN AMERICAN SUPERHERO
• QUEER SUPERHERO
• A+++ CHEMISTRY
• NO FORCED ROMANCE
• NO NEGATIVE STEREOTYPES FOR PEOPLE WITH AUTISM
• NO QUEER BAITING
• FEMALE LEADS THAT AREN’T USED AS LEVERAGE FOR THE MALE LEADS
• AND THE OPPORTUNITY FOR 5 FUTURE SEQUELS WITH A FEMALE GREEN RANGER
But no, everyone wants to go see another Scarlett Johansson flick (no shade I love her), Alec Baldwin voicing a baby, and beauty and the beast.
If there’s not going to be a sequel, someone fight me. I may be little but I’m feisty.
Praying that South Korea, Tokyo, and China save the day because once again, America has let me down.