tbh it always confuses me when people try to write Damas as Serious and Stoic, because like… this is a man who 100% canonically:
- wears a skirt with slits up to the hips, exposing his bare, perfectly smooth thighs
- probably implanted(?) a crown into his skull, purely for the ~aesthetic~ (or alternatively: glues them on every day?)
- takes pecker as his ‘advisor’, despite clearly being a competent leader on his own, and no one questions it (implying that the people of Spargus are used to him doing weird shit like this)
- is literally the dad equivalent of tsundere in his interactions with Jak. THE BIGGEST TSUNDADRE.
- Pecker: 'oh, are you beginning to care?’
Damas: 'my concern was for the artifacts!’
- and my favourite: 'you make me proud! …that…. our training system is so good…’
- drives his car through a wall with perfect dramatic timing, casually mowing down several enemies that were about to kill Jak before referring to himself as an entire army
- …which comes after he specifically advised Jak against being rash; when Jak calls him on the fact that he ignored his own advice about not taking enemies head-on, Damas responds with 'it depends on how hard your skull is’
- actually emotes a lot? like just look at his shit-eating grin as he drops stupid one-liners, or the 'oh shit I fucked up D8’ face when Jak says he never knew his dad; this man is not stoic at all.
conclusion: Damas is the biggest fucking nerd.