take it from a devoted saw fan, this isn’t exactly an unpopular opinion but more of an educational rant
ok, everyone in the saw fandom is probably familiar with adam stanheight-faulkner, he’s the guy from the first movie, you might remember him as the guy who said fuck a lot or the one who died at the end, whatever
lemme just highlight things adam did that make him a complex round character (to me) contrary to some people’s opinions saying he was simply just for comic relief or a useless add-in
- he starts off as a panicky, confused, and angry kid but by the end he’s the one trying to calm lawrence down. character development. like, by a long shot . even though the movie is a little over an hour and a half long
- everyone has to make a living somehow, but he did it in the wrong way by invading someone’s privacy. it was a mistake and everyone makes mistakes, they’re human
- he manages to crack jokes in stressful times. not many people are able to do this with ease
- he is part of the overall plot. without him, lawrence might’ve never been tested, think about it
- he didn’t want to show lawrence the photo of his family being held hostage because he knew how it’d make him feel. hence why he said, “i couldn’t” when asked why he didn’t show lawrence. so he’s not that apathetic, or angry, as seen at the end
- lets also appreciate the fact that he fucking kills zep when zep is about to kill lawrence. lawrence is losing blood really fast and there’s no way in hell he can move, zep is gonna shoot him because it’s the rules. you think adam is dead when bam! he’s suddenly alive and smashing zep over the head and killing him
- why did adam do this? to save lawrence? he knew lawrence was going to escape if he lived, but he didn’t know if lawrence would come back for him. he saved his life anyway, while being wounded from a bullet in the shoulder, he still finds energy to save him. Oh, but he’s a weak character, right?
- ITS BECAUSE OF ADAM THAT LAWRENCE LIVES UNTIL SAW VII. It’s because of him that lawrence sees his family again. ADAM SAVES HIS LIFE. People seem to forget this and think of adam as the whiny useless kid
in conclusion, adam stanheight-faulkner is not weak, or useless, or unimportant. watch the movie after reading this whole thing, you might see it differently.
see as i see