Thoughts on Riverdale 1x10: The Lost Weekend
The first thing I have to say is that undeniably this is the best episode of Riverdale so far. Like from the storyline to the acting it was the best!
1. So we have Jughead who doesn’t want to have a birthday party and that is understandable from his home life because we see that things were far from perfect even when his mother and sister where there.
2. CHUCK BEING BACK. And Betty’s reaction! I love how they just made her like have her nails digging in her palms and it’s so good that they don’t shy away from talking about a mental illness.
3. Hiram Lodge is a very very shady man and Veronica struggling with coming to terms with the fact that her own father has done these horrible things… It’s avery interseting thing to see.
4. The story of Alice/Hal is VERY VERYYYY shady and even though we all hated her in the beginning we are starting to see who the real villain is. ALSO GIRL BUGHEAD IS DIFFERENT THAN YOU AND THAT MANIPULATIVE BASTARD.
5. Betty talking with FP and meeting him broke my heart. You can see how much she cares about Jughead and she just wants him to have something good in his life.
6. HIRAM THREATENING RONNIE BITCH YOU CAN’T DO THAT TO OUR GIRL
7. Betty didn’t tell him about the deal with Chuck and this is all cause i thin that Alice scared her a bit! Jughead’s reaction to the surprise party is just plain heartbreaking and Jughead’s face when Betty was singing… It just hurt my heart so much.
8. Also I was SOBBING WHEN BETTY AND JUGHEAD WERE FIGHTING. The things that he said had a fair point but there was so much that he didn’t know and the love that he and Betty share is so much stronger than their differences.
9. ALSO F.P broke my heart. HE BOUGHT AN ACTUAL PRESENT FOR JUGHEAD AND THIS JUST MADE MY HEART HURT MORE!
10. And him talking to Joaquin… SHADE.
11. The “Secrets and Sins” game was so freaking wild and VERONICA ABOUT THE TWINCESTTTTT! I WAS ACTUALLY LAUGHING LIKE CRAZY IN THIS ONE.
12. And when Chuck started talking about Betty and Archie was like “Leave her alone” I actually felt like he was being a decent person for a moment. JUGHEAD PUNCHING HIM WAS THE BESTTT. We saw that the person who was always indifferent towards everything lost his cool and punched him because even though he and betty had fought HE DIDN’T WANT CHUCK TALKING ABOUT BETTY’S SECRET AND ISSUE EVEN THOUGH HE DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT IT.
13. ALSO THANK YOU FP FOR LITERALLY SHOWING THAT DESPITE EVERYTHING YOU LOVE YOUR FREAKING SON. And FP now realizes that Jughead is a more of a man than he is and he is mature and the thing he has with Betty is more serious than he even realizes himself.
14. I enjoyed that bit between Alice and FP and i would love to see more into Alice’s past because she and FP seem to have history together and I would LOVE to see that.
15. Bughead in Pop’s actually killed me and the writers’ approach to Betty’s mental health issues and jughead own emotional trauma was spectacular and now jughead knows there is SO much more to Betty than just the girl next door.
16. Hiram send Ronnie pearls. JUST FREAKING THROW THEM ON THE TRASH. We really see the pure mother/daughter bond because Veronica did everything so she could keep her mother safe just as she tries to keep her
17. Also about Jughead and Ronnie; I would love to see their dynamic more!
18. B & V ARE BACK <3 “Last time you brought me baked goods you had kissed Archie” HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA
19. I don’t trust Archie’s mom. Period. AH.
And that pretty much sums it up. 11/10 in this episode and also kudos for the sweetness between Ronnie and Archie because I enjoy seeing them on screen even though ARCHIE NEEDS TO GET HIS SHIT STRAIGHT!