chicken and cheese quesadilla
I like making burritos, but sometimes I don’t have the energy to make the beans and rice I’d use, so I resort to this instead.
- pre-cooked, pre-cut, store-bought chicken breast
- you can substitute this with any meat or non-meat you want. literally anything.
- leftovers also work
- shredded cheese or cheese replacement
- tortilla (gluten free if needed)
- microwave or stove
- oven or toaster oven
- Preheat your oven to 425. If you’re using a toaster oven, skip this step.
- Heat up your chicken breast. I do this in the microwave on a plate; it takes maybe 30 seconds to get the chicken hot. Otherwise, you can heat it up on the stove in a skillet.
- Take a cookie sheet (for ovens) or the tray insert (for toaster ovens) and put a tortilla on it.
- Sprinkle a layer of cheese on half your tortilla.
- When the chicken is warm, dump the chicken on top of your cheese layer.
- More cheese. Cover your chicken with it.
- Fold the tortilla in half and shove it in that bad boy. (oven/toaster oven)
- Two to three minutes on one side. Flip. Two to three minutes on the other.
Note: If you can’t flip it, that’s fine. It’s not going to ruin anything.
- Remove from appliance.
- If you’re able to cut it, you may want to cut it in half or into fourths. No biggie if you can’t.
You could probably add vegetables and such to it, but this is the basic quesadilla.