alrighty, i know i was only asked about supercorp fics but this quickly turned into my end all be all list of recs. this got long and i’m not even sorry. disclaimer that i am Soft and don’t like Angst or smut
Just a quick message before I go to sleep lol.
I’m really sorry for not posting anything new these last few weeks, I know i haven’t even done a reaction, I know I didn’t finish any of the requests and I know I promised the first chapter of Concupiscent a long long time ago.
I just want to say sorry for that and this is probably the most used excuse ever but I have been busy with school this whole time. This school year is nearing to an end for me and I have to take finals and raise my GPA a little bit. I still have three weeks of school left and I still have some finals to take and readings to do.
But trust me, I am working on the requests and the chapter. I have the outline of the story I know how I want it to go. I just don’t find time and honestly after a whole day of school I don’t even have inspiration to write.
These are all lame excuses but it is what it is. I just need y'all to know that I didn’t stop writing and didn’t go lazy lol.
I really hope you understand and that at least some of you are still waiting for the chapter and my other works.
I can’t promise anything right now except that I will sometime (really) soon post an updates post where you can all see when I’ll be posting and on what other things I’m working on.
Thank you for understanding and being patient and I hope you have a great day/night. :)
What are your favorite otome games? who's your personal favorite bf/husband from each? I'm suuuper interested in this I hope you don't mind
Ahhhh! I’m sorry this is late–I’m also way behind answering tags.
Impracticaldemon & Otome Games (Long Post)
Interesting question, and no I don’t mind. That being said, some people (I’m looking at you @shell-senji , among several others) would say that they could pick out my favourite guy even for games I haven’t played yet… Ahem.
😀 (I’m terrible at short answers. Sumimasen.)
(1) Hakuouki ~ Saitou Hajime (coming as no surprise to anybody) He is without question my personal favourite across all games for many reasons. I’m not blind to his faults, but he suits me. I’ll explain why another time, if anyone is interested; among other things, he is the most likely to be aware of practical needs and he has the least difficulty allowing Chiuzuru to be useful. My personal head-canon is that Saitou is surprisingly caring (about specific people), but it is outwardly trumped by how hard he has worked at projecting no emotion and generally trumped by a complete devotion to duty.
I’ll pick just one image I like, but it’s very difficult.
I have other favourites among the characters in Hakuouki, and I think each one of the guys is important to the game/story/canonverse. That said, SaiChi is probably my OTP in the literal sense. I’m just very laid-back about letting other people ship who/how they want and I find many relationships interesting from an author’s point of view. I enjoy writing for all the Hakuouki guys and other characters.
This is my favourite game/story partly for the rich historical background (which has sucked me in completely), partly for the characters (even though they are “types”, they have personalities/background/more reality–probably because of the RL history), and partly for all the possibilities even within canon. I’m somewhat flexible on plot (for an AU), but I do have views on keeping the characters in character–otherwise it’s not really Hakuouki for me.
(2) Amnesia: Memories ~ Kent He’s a science/math geek, he’s even more clueless than Saitou (if possible), he has the same basic honesty/ability to care, and although he goes about it badly/not-very-romantically, he is mostly genuine about wanting the heroine to do things that are good for her.
The fact that he accepts the probability of Orion and takes the heroine’s situation seriously is a major factor in his favour. Honestly, the most trustworthy character. He also clearly has his faults, but if you give him a chance he’ll figure them out better than most. Also, once I found out the backstory, their very rocky relationship made some sense–I even found it relatable, because humans do such dumb things in relationships.
(3) Code: Realize ~ Van Helsing This game should be #2 on my list. It’s a very good game, extremely well done throughout. In my view, it has the best heroine (Cardia). I’m not entirely sure why Van Helsing is my favourite over Fran (Victor Frankenstein), who is the obvious choice for me (and Fran is definitely a close second).
Preferring Van Helsing suggests that I’m less (personally) attracted to characters who are sweethearts from the very beginning. Aside from an apparent preference for some tsundere characteristics (possibly because I’m such a deep introvert–in person, not in writing!), I think part of liking Van Helsing is that his backstory fascinates me the most.
(4) Demon’s Bond (Toki no Kizuna): Yukimura Kazuya (Saitou-lite?) I can hear @shenanigumi rolling her eyes in the distance if that’s possible
😅 and for legitimate reasons (let me say up front that we had a couple of really interesting chats about this game, including a discussion about Venn Diagrams that was surprisingly productive
😂). I honestly enjoyed the game though.
The story plots are interesting and the art is lovely. But let’s be honest, I enjoyed this game so much because (a) it was a bit Hakuouki-like and nominally set in Hakuouki-verse (I enjoyed all the historical bits, and learned a lot more about people like Toyotomi, Tokugawa Ieyasu, and Mitsunari), (b) Kasuya’s route gave me a chance to play a different game with a character similar to Saitou even down to appearance, and ( c ) it fit moderately well on several points with my own personal Hakuouki AU in Teachings of Demons. There’s surprisingly little that would need to be retrofitted in my story and a lot that fits perfectly.
A couple of other notes: no voice acting (even though the original is fully voiced); same artist as in Code: Realize, and it’s a mobile game (pay per route). I’ve enjoyed all three routes I’ve fully played (Kazuya, Kazutake and Chitose–the last one surprised me, but it was a good story and I think I partially fell for Chitose’s best friend–talk about bromance with those two). Oh, and I liked the heroine more than most (though her absolute naiveté is appalling).
(5) OZMAFIA! ~ Axel (Poni-Pachet) Once again, my favourite character is the taciturn “lieutenant type” who generally takes the heroine seriously once the decision is made to offer her shelter. Definitely adorkable.
The game itself has beautiful art (above image isn’t the best but it’s sweet), a truly unusual premise, and is mostly voiced (subtitled). The heroine is one of my least favourite protagonists, unfortunately, but she does have her better moments. Overall: it’s an odd game, but there’s a lot to it and I enjoyed playing it. Also, kudos for having routes forfriendship-based (non-romantic) characters. That was neat.
[More comments below the cut if anyone is interested, including: Nameless (Cheritz); Amazing Shinsengumi & Men of Yoshiwara (D3); & Indie Otome]
This is a weird question, and I'm really really sorry if it's a bother or too weird. just ignore this if it is... anyway, I love your art and I was wondering if you've ever experienced any anxiety about posting it. If you do, how do you deal with it? I love drawing and I'd like to post some of it but I'm terrified of doing so. I'm scared it will get ignored or people will see it and think it's horrible... idk..
First of all, thank you very much! :) And it’s not a weird question at all! I used to get super anxious about posting my art, and 99% of the time I still don’t like it anymore after a day (which is while I’m always posting it immediately after finishing haha).
I totally understand that you’re scared that people will judge it negatively because I had the same problem. But you have to keep in mind that you’re drawing for youself and not for other people and every single picture you paint is another step towards becoming an even better artist. That’s how I see most of my drawings these days. As a practice. And that really helps me with posting them. I just think “Okay, this is not perfect at all and there are way better artists out there. But this picture still taught me something new about art and deserves to be posted.”
So if you love to draw and you like your drawings even a bit, then they definitely deserve to be posted!
Why I think there might be a force bond between rey & kylo
If you’re in the reylo fandom, you probably already know about the “mysterious bond” mentioned in the star wars data bank for Kylo Ren and Rey. Recently, someone brought up the fact that this isn’t necessarily a force bond, as everyone has been speculating, and could just be some sort of relative-detecting-tingly-force-magic-shenanigan (even though at this point it’s kind of obvious that they’re not related). That got me thinking, could it really be a force bond, or is it something else?
Turns out that it could very well point to an actual force bond (here me out on this): so everyone knows that The Force Awakens follows the exact same story structure as A New Hope, which is pretty much The Hero’s Journey set in space. Now, The Hero’s Journey follows a very specific formula which A New Hope has painstakingly adhered to. The hero embarks on a journey, meets a wise mentor (Obi Wan) and a team of allies (Leia and Han), faces trials and problems, loses his mentor figure, and finally defeats the main force of evil (Death Star & Vader). Simple. And The Force Awakens is exactly the same. Rey leaves Jakku, meets a father figure (Han), teams up Finn and Poe, faces many different enemies, sees Han get killed, and finally defeats Kylo Ren.
HOWEVER. There is one plot point that was included in The Force Awakens that was not a part of A New Hope or The Hero’s Journey. The interrogation scene. Generally, the final trial in The Hero’s Journey is the first and only time the hero directly confronts the major villain - this is essentially because it’s the climax, what the entire story has been boiling down to, and you don’t want to include some minor encounter in the middle that would take away the “wow factor” later. Darth Vader is initially introduced to Luke when he kills Obi Wan, which fuels Luke’s hatred and establishes the two’s relationship as that of enemies. The Force Awakens, on the other hand, has Rey and Kylo interact even before the climax, in a scene that seems to be an unnecessary power evaluation of one another.
So why include this interrogation scene that seems to add nothing to the plot and doesn’t stick to the formula? That’s because there IS a purpose to the scene: this interaction leads to the creation of a force bond. Because we see that they’ve entered each other’s minds and have seen the dynamic that plays out between the two, we know that there is something deeper that may link the two. And what other bond than a force bond?
This is just a tentative attempt to reason with what we know so far, so there may be multiple gaps in my theory. It’s not even clear as to whether or not the bond will be taken in a romantic direction. I do think that there are certain things that hint at a romantic relationship between the two, which I may post about in the future. But for now, you get this because I just wanted to write a long post lol k bye.
Long time no see everyone. Sorry im rarely on here. Ready for a sappy post?
I’m a 24 year old with BAD anxiety l and a… less than cooperative or normal 6 year old with a lot of challenges. Life is pretty hectic sometimes.
Seldom do people like me find someone like the man I have found and plan to keep for a long time.
I feel like I can’t even put into words how happy I’ve become these last 6 months. From being in a relationship with a low life (God what did I even let myself get into) and to finally be treated like the queen (that I feel I am)
Such a rarity to find someone who is as understanding, patient, and sweet even with a normal life yet alone what I bring to the table.
From remembering little things, to matching my hustle and lifestyle, and bringing balance to my high strung and crazy ass brain.
I am so thankful for him and every little thing He does.. It’s Such a strange feeling.
Thanks babe. I hope you see this and realize how much I appreciate every little thing you do for me and the small child.
Emma I literally got to the end of your fic and went "I can't believe this is only 8 chapters. How am I supposed to wait for the next one?!" And then I remembered how long and hard you worked, so I felt sorry for being selfish and immediately wanting more, but oh my GOD you have a gift with words. Awesome❤️
Awww this is so nice, thank you so much!! I know I’m very repetitive when I thank people for complimenting my fic, but I really hope you all know how genuinely appreciative I am for your words. Truthfully, I didn’t want to post this fic, and even within the last couple of days before posting, I was highly critical of the story and I was rearranging scenes and stuff like that. I think I really struggled because the fic was written from Louis’ POV, and he was so back and forth with how he thought about Harry and how he interacted with him - one second, he was like THIS GUY IS AN ASSHOLE and two seconds later he wanted to make out with him. So sometimes I felt like the fic wasn’t flowing or making any sense just because of how Louis’ character was. And I also didn’t know if I would ever be able to pull of a serious plot like the crime-related one in this fic, so I was constantly second guessing myself on that front.
So yeah….it just means a lot to hear that people liked it so much or thought it was well-written or anything like that, because I definitely wasn’t expecting a lot of positive feedback for this story. And sorry, you definitely didn’t ask for this random spiel in response to this lovely message, but anyway, thank you again. And I definitely am not opposed to revisiting this verse in the future (drabbles and/or a sequel), so you may see more from these particular characters again eventually. And I plan to start my next fic this week, so that’s exciting! :)
I’ve wanted to talk for So Long about the portrayal of anxiety in YOI but I’ve been having so much trouble putting together what I want to say in the most effective manner. I kept trying to come at this in a more analytical fashion, but considering that this is such a personally important topic to me, I’m going to try a more emotional approach. Something I don’t normally do.
So really, to start off, I wanna say that I’m so damn thankful for the way Yuuri is written. Really, seriously. I don’t think I’ve ever had the ability to relate more to character; Yuuri is close to a mirror of my own experiences with anxiety and it’s so fantastic to have a model of development and growth for me and people like me. I found the portrayal to be frighteningly accurate, from types of thoughts, behaviors, mannerisms…
I think the episode that stood out to me the most in terms of Yuuri’s anxiety was ep7, aka Yuuri’s on-screen panic attack episode.
The first thing I noticed was this:
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve found myself in that exact position. I bounce my legs when I panic, just like Yuuri is doing here. Head in his hands, breathing heavily, bouncing and jostling limbs. This isn’t the Mary-Sue cutesy portrayal of anxiety–this is a real anxiety disorder. It’s not pretty. It’s not easy. It can’t be fixed with a single word or a touch or a person. Quite frankly, it’s ugly and you lose control of your body.
* we have no idea how the team reacts to losing shiro, this scene is never shown
* despite all keith and red went thru last season he still becomes the black paladin, red lion who???? Don’t know her
* allura has to Learn to Respect Keith’s Leadership Skills because Not All Galra ™. She probably has to apologize to him too and even though she’s obviously a more experienced and capable leader than he is she takes a backseat while Keith leads the team
* hunk saves the day by eating in one episode
* lance flirts with every Girl in the show (none of these girls have names or speaking lines except the one who kisses him)
* they each get like 2 minutes of development in the whole season
* staff makes it seem as if they’re a way bigger deal than they actually are, getting us all hyped up for the new season and then… it’s season 2 again
* Keith’s mom shows up in a flashback, turns out she’s dead. Her whole personality is being beautiful and dead that’s it that’s all we’re given
* but Keith’s dad is still alive !!!1 and he’s a fully fledged character with a detailed backstory and interesting motivations
(* Fandom ships him with everyone)
* speaking of
* he’s there
* he’s fuckin horrible. Murders someone every episode. Fandom uses the “you’re doing amazing sweetie” reaction pic endlessly for each of these. Everyone thinks he’s gay because he has long hair, is evil, and is (god help me) Hot
* he’s also shipped with Everyone
* naturally he gets more development and screen time than hunk and lance put together I mean like that’s even a question
* turns out he was betrothed to allura before Altea fell and he Never Got Over It
* it’s creepy as shit but we have no idea how allura takes it because this is used to further Keith’s character development not hers
* pidge finds Matt, this either takes a single episode or half the season, and now the two of them have to find their father. He’s probably wherever lance and hunks characterization went.
* there’s a couple in the background of one scene and it’s implied they’re a Gay. This is the LGBT rep they were talking about. They pat themselves on the back for this and never bring up LGBT rep again.
* allura has to keep dealing with the not all galra storyline, she has to learn to accept them and love them ™ because all hate is Bad… live and let live… imagine all the people living life in peace…
* the last episode is a cliffhanger but this time it’s shiro who has returned, only when he opens his eyes they’re yellow like in that vision he had with Hagar back in s1
Important messages from “Yuri!!! on Ice” to an athlete
1. You don’t have an expiration date. Yuuri is a “late bloomer”, you can be that too.
2. To succeed in your sport, you don’t have to be born with talent - hard work and dedication will bring you far.
3. Rivalry doesn’t exclude the possibility of a friendship.
4. What works for others might not work for you. You’re an individual and there’s not one correct answer to what will help you improve your athletic performance. Celestino wasn’t the right coach for Yuuri, ballet didn’t work for Otabek.
5. Some days - maybe weeks or months, even - you won’t perform the way you want to and know you can. That’s okay. You’ll figure it out. Everyone falls into a slump sometimes.
6. At the end of the day, the most important thing is that you enjoy your sport. It’s supposed to be fun, even though it might seem to be all work and no fun.
7. You don’t have to fight alone . Don’t be afraid to ask for help - it might help you to develop your skills and help you out of a rough patch
ana bear, can i ask you something? can you write little quirks and mannerisms you love about our shining babes? like, a eprsonal trait, a habit, all things you think define them (like Taem's magic hands and stuff)
yes y e s of course I can and I’ll be glad to - let’s start with:
ok everyone is constantly on about neil and allison and neil and matt but WHERE are my discussions on neil and kevin?? don't even TRY and tell me they're not lowkey besties
OH MY FUCKING GOD MY GUY,,, DONT EVEN GET ME STARTED i wrote a whole fucking essay on neil and kevin trying to get into the extra josten squad i’m never ok. anyway even tho i said don’t get me started,,,, im getting started
OK. LIKE. their relationship is so fucky to start with. neil looks at kevin and sees everything he could have had. he’s just… jealous in a lot of ways. but it takes him like 0 time to realise that actually, kevin’s life has been pretty shit, and he’s IMMEDIATELY protective of kevin. like,, he’s so pissed off at kevin for pressuring him into being on kathy’s show but he totally gets where he’s coming from and as soon as riko starts being an asshat he’s just like “you know what? my life isn’t worth anything. i’ll give it up for kevin. no question.” no doubt, he’s a ride or die motherfucker and he gives it all up for kevin
LOOK AT THIS!!! THIS ISN’T BC OF A DEAL OR SOMETHING!! NEIL’S JUST LIKE. NO. WE’RE ON THE SAME TEAM. #FUCKRIKO2K17
he doesn’t even last two pages and then he’s just. so fucking pissed he literally can’t even let riko talk anymore. what kind of a gem
oh my god and this is just like… the start. this is the first book. this is pretty much the first time neil shows any type of care for anything except surviving this year. he was gonna run away before he even saw riko, and here riko’s not looking at him and he paints a target on his back for kevin??? i love him
alright and that’s not all. it’s not just neil adopting kevin. kevin straight up adopts that boy too. he loves neil for his exy, and he’s certain he’ll make court, but do you see him inviting anyone else to practice at night? nope. AND AS SOON AS KEVIN FINDS OUT THAT NEIL IS NATHANIEL HE DOES THE SAME THING he doesn’t defy riko or smth not yet but
HE STRAIGHT UP ADOPTS NEIL RIGHT BACK!!! and i dont even have to show u guys this quote its the fucking apex of their relationship-
OH MY GODDDDD he believes so much in neil!!!! he’s so fucking upset that neil can’t have a future. he wants that for our boy as much as we do; like nothing else that has happened has hurt kevin that much.
and they see themselves in each other. they SEE that they’re basically just alternate timelines of each other - that one small difference could have made either one of them into the other
a BUNCH of their compassion for each other comes because they know what they’re looking at. they’re looking at themselves, if there had been one small change in their lives. and both of them know that it wouldn’t have been good either way - both routes were torture in different ways. kevin has a future, but the moriyamas will always be hanging over them; neil was free for a while, but it won’t last. they KNOW that for each other and that fuels them. there’s a bond there that just can’t be ignored ok??
ALSO. LETS NOT FORGET. KEVIN OFFERED TO NOT DRINK FOR NEIL! JUST IF NEIL WANTED TO DRINK!!
even nicky comments like “kevin has CLEARLY just done something nice for neil but kevin’s a BRAT” like. kevin cares so fucking much,, he’s like “you know what? if i were in neil’s shoes i would already be fucking wasted. idk if it will help but if he wants to he should be able to. i got u, bro.” what a BOY. i love him they’re the best friends
and okay if anyone needs more- i swear i’m wrapping this post up - when neil thinks about his future, he sees andrew. obviously. BUT HE ALSO SEES KEVIN THERE.
they’re straight up best friends and brothers and i fucking love them
and as a last point, this is extra content instead of book-canon, but
NEIL IS AS IMPORTANT TO KEVIN AS THEA IS. MIKE DROPPED. MY BOYS.