What if Lance ends up moving onto the red lion (not that it’s likely, this is just a thought) and the team’s tied up or something and he’s having a one on one fight with Lotor, who’s like:
“Your team doesn’t need you. You’re unimportant. Don’t lie to me. As soon as this mission is over, congratulations will be given to everyone but you. You, who try so, so much, and succeed, but with no recognition. They’re using you. That’s despicable. I would never do that to you. We could be great together.” Lotor holds out his hand to Lance, who’s kneeling and crying now. “Join me. I need you.”
And the team’s screaming at Lance things like, “Lance, don’t do this!” “We care about you!” And all that junk.
Lance is thinking he could be important. Lance could be with Lotor, this totally hot alien prince, and rule the galaxy and shit. He could be invincible.
But he wouldn’t be a hero. He would be hurting people. He’d be holding his team back more than he already was. He didn’t want to be selfish. Yes, what Lotor said about his insecurities are right. But his friends’ and the rest of the universe’s safety are more important than his feelings.
me and my gf Sam for #lesbianvisibilityday !! We are not only a very cute lesbian couple, but also both dedicated creators of LGBT work!
Sam is the author of the Dragonoak series, a high fantasy trilogy which features a lesbian protagonist and cast (pictured in the middle image, which I drew! I draw a LOT of lesbians, that’s p much my thing.)
We actually originally found each other because of our individual work focusing on wlw!! and this part of our identity as both people and creators is very important to us :) also I am here visiting them across the pond right now so it’s a very good day. To be gay. 👌✨🏳️🌈✨
good things that happened today that prove life may not suck so bad after all:
• had a fancy bread for breakfast this morning. it had assorted fruit and some kind of cream on top of it and it tasted suuuper sweet and delicious
• told my little sister on the phone that i was coming home this weekend and she immediately screamed in excitement. it made me smile a bit
• caught up with some of the care e-mails @whelvenwings has been sending me. may or may not have laughed/cried throughout the whole process
• watched a lot of videos by my favorite youtubers that i’d been missing out on
• told some friends about my recently diagnosed mental illness and informed them about quitting med school soon. they responded (surprisingly) very nicely?
• one of them even offered me a position in his team for a neurological research that im not entirely oblivious about. thanked him for his offer and told him i might consider it at some point
• had noodles for dinner. it was the right amount of warm and spicy and it sat very nicely in my tummy
• spent 2 whole hours browsing through memes like The Cool Kid™ that i am
• realized that i’ve done a lot of things i should be proud of this week by putting myself first, for once
• you done good, citra
• you done good