TALKING BOOK TUESDAY | Equipment Time Capsule
Today’s #TalkingBookTuesday is also a time-traveling throwback Tuesday!
The Talking Books library has been in Oregon since 1932, and has been at the State Library since 1969. Technology has changed dramatically over the last 85 years!
The equipment in the pictures above that is on display at Talking Books includes:
- 1947 model 30,000 phonograph player by the Sandwich Bower Corporation (brown)
- 1965 model AE1 made by the Westinghouse Corporation (grey)
- 1973 model C-73 cassette player by the General Electric Corporation (brown)
- 1976 model C-76 by the Telex Corporation (orange)
- 1980 model C-80 by the Telex Corporation (tan)
Now since 2009 Talking Books has had digital audio books and electronic Braille books you can download! It’ll be fun to see where technology takes Talking Books in 5, 10, 25, or another 85 years!