Pls tell me interesting facts about stars
Interesting facts about stars:
- Heavy stars blow up and make heavier elements like gold. So, every bit of gold you’ve ever seen, worn, or touched came from the dying explosion of a star. Other elements made in supernovae include anything on the periodic table heavier than iron
- Heavy stars blow up when they start fusing iron. Meaning, the iron in your frying pan, car, and your blood killed a star at least 3 times the mass of the sun.
- Some massive stars that die end up compressing all their mass into a star about 6 miles across, or about the size of a city. This is called a neutron star.
- To put this in perspective, these stars start out 3 times as big as our sun and all of their mass is crushed into something the size of a city. The space between atoms is squished away, and the protons and electrons combine to form neutrons.
- Neutron stars are literally as dense as atomic nuclei
- Most stars come in pairs
- The most common stellar type is a red dwarf, which is a small, red, dim, cool star.
Honestly, that’s just the first few that come to mind, space is really crazy.