Comprehensive List of Ryden Songs
For anon! Marking the songs written by Ryan as R and Brendon as B
Northern Downpour: R The Ryden Song.
- Ryan told Brendon to pay special attention to the line ‘I know the world’s a broken bone, but
melt your headaches, call it home’
- Brendon has broken down many times while performing it post split and doesn’t sing it anymore
- ‘I missed your skin when you were east’ is believed to be a reference to the Seattle lore.
- ‘Hey moon, please forget to fall down’ - Sun & Moon theory
When The Day Met The Night: R obvious Sun & Moon theory also here Brendon uses male pronouns in the second verse!
Cape Town: R by The Young Veins, Ryan and Jon’s band, post split
- Cape Town was the last show Panic played before they split
- Includes the line ‘I loved you, I left you in Cape Town’
- Ryan has also said the split was like breaking up with a girlfriend
The Other Girl: R
‘Don’t have much to say right now, Cause I’m trying to figure out, Why he’s with the other girl’
wow need I say more?
- ‘I’ve been to Tokyo and to South Africa’ Cape Town is in South Africa and it’s like a response to Cape Town
‘You could tell me secrets that I’ll probably repeat
I’m not trying to hurt you, I just love to speak’ we know Ry is a secretive person and Brendon has a big mouth so yeah
Nearly Witches: R+B ahhh The Song Of Salt and pain
- Ryan wrote the song during the cabin days, but later Brendon used it on V&V with some modifications
- basically he changed it from a creepy, spooky song to a romantic thing
- also he changed Ryan’s ‘as a boy’ to ‘as a girl’
- AND THE Main Thing: Brendon mocked Ryan’s original lyrics ‘here I am composing a burlesque’ Very Frequently by singing it in a.. camp way.. and thrusting his hips etc
Memories: B check this out
The Calendar: B subtlety has never been B’s best suite
- This is officially about the split and Ryan and Jon. Like confirmed.
- but ‘And I meant everything I said that night
I will come back to life, But only for you’
‘Put another ex on the calendar, Summer’s on its deathbed’ -Sun & Moon theory
- ‘at night your body’s a symphony, and I’m conducting’…!!
Cause they know, I know that they don’t look like me.
Oh, they know, I know that they don’t sound like me. -referring to the young veins changing their style
- But he didn’t come and speak to me, Or put my heart at ease.
Casual Affair: B
- preceded by an anti gay message from an old film during live shows
- which possibly implies it’s about a gay affair? I think brendon said it was about fantasizing etc so yeah
Nicotine: B brendon’s denied it, but a lot of people think the muffled intro sounds like I love you Ryan Ross, but not right now…
Lonely Moonlight: R Ryan’s solo work
- ‘When I had a younger heart, You told me not to fear the dark’
‘Someone I love loves someone else’ awww poor bb
- also even the title is Sun & Moon theory
Where I Belong: R again one of Ry’s 2014 demos
- If you wanna see the sun, You’re gonna have to dig your way out -
Sun & Moon theory
I know I should’ve never left, I’d gotten tired being buried -possibly he was tired of hiding behind Brendon’s voice for his words, but he regrets leaving
- I hope that I’ve still got your help - Ryan’s actually said he’s not against working with panic again
Impossible Year: B
- There’s no sunshine, This impossible year - Sun & Moon theory
- bitter pills, tattoos, last bruises, no you and me
House of Memories: B he’s not subtle lmao
- Memories turn into daydreams, Become a taboo
- I think of you from time to time, More than I thought I would….You were just too kind And I was too young to know
- Those thoughts of past lovers, They’ll always haunt me.. I wish I could believe, You’d never wronged me
- honestly, brendon didn’t really have very serious relationships before Sarah so who is he talking about?? (ryanryanryan)
Golden Days: B the throam song (I’m looking @ u anna green)
- I found a pile of Polaroids, In the crates of a record shop
Boy he was something debonair in 1979
Time can never break your heart but it’ll take the pain away