There have been complaints of bad smells in the Midtown area of Detroit. If the air in downtown/ midtown Detroit area smells horrible please call the MDEQ inspector Rem Pinga at (586) 753-3744 or (313) 456-4712 and complain, as it may be coming from the incinerator.
Additional information is needed when you smell or see odors, smoke, etc.
- Date & time
- The location - your home address, a street location, friend’s address
- Describe odor/pollution in detail, for example:
- Smell: Like “rotten eggs”, “rotting garbage”, “sweet”, “sour”, “acid”, etc.
- Smoke: Color, thick, thin, rising in air, coming down toward ground, etc.
- Duration: Minutes or hours the smell or smoke lasts. Health effects: eyes burn, causes coughing, choking, headache, nausea, prompted urgent care, etc.
- Wind Direction: The direction the wind comes from, e.g. SW, SE (see map at right to determine direction).
- Report Information:
- Record the number you called to complain,
- date and time of the call,
- and the name of the person who took your report.
State “answering machine” if you left a recorded message.
- If you talked to a person, record their response, e.g. “Someone will check,” “No one is available to check,” call referred to another number, etc.
For Additional information contact: Brad van Guilder, (email@example.com)